Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7 | The Boneyard

Blauds: UConn/Cincy Leaning Towards C7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Better than current scenario, yet still unappealing.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Here is how it will work out.

1) UConn and Cincinnati try to have it both ways.

2) SMU and Houston realize their ship is sinking and UConn and Cincinnati are D-Bags, call MWC, offer to move all sports.

3) MWC membership votes on UConn and Cincy for football only, neither get 3/4's approval, then vote on SDSU, SMU and Houston for all sports, add those schools.

4) UConn and Cincinnati manage to make a bad situation worse.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think this is the best we can reasonably expect at this time. It would be an upgrade to play MWC football and C7 basketball over the mess we are currently staring at.

And I am glad to see we are at least attempting to play some sort of alpha dog role in the media. If it is true that we are shopping both of our teams amongst three conferences we should be able to put to piecemeal a reasonable media deal that will keep us competitive for a few years if that is how long it takes the conferences to shake out.

Reaction Score
Here is how it will work out.

1) UConn and Cincinnati try to have it both ways.

2) SMU and Houston realize their ship is sinking and UConn and Cincinnati are D-Bags, call MWC, offer to move all sports.

3) MWC membership votes on UConn and Cincy for football only, neither get 3/4's approval, then vote on SDSU, SMU and Houston for all sports, add those schools.

4) UConn and Cincinnati manage to make a bad situation worse.

Yup.

MAC here we come!

Reaction Score
Wow. Here is hoping Blauds is dead wrong. If the MWC thing falls through, UConn football won't attract flies to the Rent. It is unbelievable that we are seriously staring Waylon's post in the face.

Reaction Score
I'll take the MAC over joinig those a**holes that make up the C-7! if this is how it goes down i will SERIOUSLY have to reconsider ANY money I give to UCONN for ANYTHING!! What a unmitigated disaster that would be!

Reaction Score
The only way this would be palatable is if it's a temporary solution until we get invited to our final resting place for all sports.

Reaction Score
I hope this is true! Excited to stay with C7 to keep our BB program from dropping while finding a home for our FB program. It will be temporary. Many here may not like it but we are a BB school after all. I love our FB program. Actually have grown to like it more than BB, but to leave the C7 for anything less than the ACC or BIG would be near death for us. This option keeps us at least treading water.

Reaction Score
Best realignment related news for UConn in a while. The C7 + UConn and Cincy + a couple ofnthe A10 schools would be the third best bball league, with a chance to be even better some years. Meanwhile, the MWC + UConn, Cincy and the Texas and/or Florida schools would be much better than the currently projected 2014 Big East.

Reaction Score
This outcome would absolutely SUCK!
Yes, but is it a potential stopgap, interim move for gridiron and hoops alike which also enables non-revenue sports to play traditional opponents somewhat closer to home? Sure, all of the realignment is about revenues yet could the latest transitional hypothetical also be about costs, academic self-respect, Olympic sport, student-athlete considerations, etc.?

Reaction Score
Best realignment related news for UConn in a while. The C7 + UConn and Cincy + a couple ofnthe A10 schools would be the third best bball league, with a chance to be even better some years. Meanwhile, the MWC + UConn, Cincy and the Texas and/or Florida schools would be much better than the currently projected 2014 Big East.
I agree, someone please convince me how this is a bad thing

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

I agree. I don't know what it means for football but it preserves basketball in my opinion which is our crown jewel. Uconn Needs NYC to stay on the level they have been the last 25 years. Going with the C7 makes Uconn the most attractive program to the NYC pipeline hands down. Games against SJU, and SHU and presumably the BET in NYC.

Reaction Score
The end of UConn sports. Anything that kills football (I'm talking about the MAC) permanently isolates UConn with the non-BCS schools and eventually kills off basketball as well--because it's going to happen to G'town and all the rest.

If UConn is looking for this, then Herbst and Manuel are out of their depths.

Reaction Score
I agree. I don't know what it means for football but it preserves basketball in my opinion which is our crown jewel. Uconn Needs NYC to stay on the level they have been the last 25 years. Going with the C7 makes Uconn the most attractive program to the NYC pipeline hands down. Games against SJU, and SHU and presumably the BET in NYC.

How does it preserve bball when the BCS schools breakaway and have their own tourney? I don't get it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I officially quit prognosticating.

Expansion postulatin' is beyond the abilities of the human mind and I will no longer torture mine.

Reaction Score
Yes, but is it a potential stopgap, interim move for gridiron and hoops alike which also enables non-revenue sports to play traditional opponents somewhat closer to home? Sure, all of the realignment is about revenues yet could the latest transitional hypothetical also be about costs, academic self-respect, Olympic sport, student-athlete considerations, etc.?

If football goes to the MAC, forget about a future with BCS schools.

Reaction Score
This outcome would absolutely SUCK!

Agreed coach, this is the worst possible thing for UConn (I'm assuming the MWC thing is out of the question). But UConn offering itself up to the MAC and CUSA is dumber than anything.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
How does it preserve bball when the BCS schools breakaway and have their own tourney? I don't get it.

I don't see that as the end game I guess.

Reaction Score
I think this is the best we can reasonably expect at this time. It would be an upgrade to play MWC football and C7 basketball over the mess we are currently staring at.

And I am glad to see we are at least attempting to play some sort of alpha dog role in the media. If it is true that we are shopping both of our teams amongst three conferences we should be able to put to piecemeal a reasonable media deal that will keep us competitive for a few years if that is how long it takes the conferences to shake out.

The MWC has a lot of dog teams. Don't assume these teams are better than East Carolina and Tulsa.

Reaction Score
I don't see that as the end game I guess.

Those football schools are looking at that $1 billion a year NCAA kitty and they want it for themselves, not shared with 1,000 other schools.

Reaction Score
People on this board really think that would be an acceptable outcome? Really? Wow. We are in deep shi-t, if this is what Herbst and Manual have up their sleeve. There will be zero reason to purchase football season tickets going forward. There will be plenty of room for the walk up crowd thats for sure.

Reaction Score
And another thing that would suck royally about this. Fox Sports Speed Channel. I'm sorry, but if you're not on ESPN, you're not on.

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall