Big 12 or B1G | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Big 12 or B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The next big thing will more than likely be conferences pairing up, much like the B10 and P12 have.... and wouldn't be shocked if in the future the B12 and SEC do something similar.

So are you projecting that the ACC and Big East would pair up? Since all this realignment began, the thrust of everything Pres. Herbst has focused on leads me to the conclusion that we're headed for the Big 10. Nothing so far has changed my opinion.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I find it to be highly unlikely that a scenario like you've laid out will ever happen with the B12. The general consensus for us living in B12 country is that we really do enjoy the 10 team format and there is no reason to go to 12 unless ND is involved. It's nothing against the schools you've named, but on average our interest in East Coast athletics is more than likely on par with the interest of Midwest athletics on the East Coast - borderline non existent.

Realignment at this point really has no place to go other than the addition of two schools to the B12 and that isn't going to happen unless there is at least one major "helmet" school involved. Current B12 members have basically signed a blood pact that would financially cripple even the likes of Texas if they were to leave and the Tier 1 TV rights are being reuped sooner rather than later in an attempt to keep NBC away, so they are in line to get paid very well very quickly. The next big thing will more than likely be conferences pairing up, much like the B10 and P12 have, which is fairly ingenious - adding inventory without adding mouths to feed. I wouldn't be shocked that if in the future the B12 and SEC do something similar, there are enough ties from the SWC, the Cotton Bowl, geographics, recent realignment, being the top two football conferences, etc.

A voice of sanity. I agree with expansion of the B12 driven by 3 scenarios:

1) A National Helmet School (BYU or ND) joins the B12--in which case Louisville is OK as #12. That doesn't make Lousville #11 in any scenario.

2) Conference pairings - if the 14-team SEC and ACC marry, a distinct possibility which benefits both in contracting and promoting non-BCS Southern Bowl Games and content sharing for conference networks and rivalry building. The SEC would be the happy dominant partner .

Both could easily add 2 SEC/ACC inter-conference games to a 9-game conference schedule and create a better product than they have now.

We haven't seen a mixed marriage among conference networks. Yet. One in which content is shared between twp paired partners. I expect we will see that model too. Larry Scott isn't stupid.

That could force the B12 to do something. Even if its a bad something.

3) NBC purchases the BE and then decides to make a big splash when the B12 contract comes up and things get interesting

Reaction Score
So are you projecting that the ACC and Big East would pair up? Since all this realignment began, the thrust of everything Pres. Herbst has focused on leads me to the conclusion that we're headed for the Big 10. Nothing so far has changed my opinion.

Geographically it would make sense. It wouldn't be a hard thing to create in my opinion and it would be a series of games that would interest the college sports fans throughout the East Coast (it might not make the likes of Houston, SMU, Boise, SDSU really care too much, but so be it, minority loses in these situations). All it really amounts to is one OOC football game and one OOC basketball game per school, but you add in a word like "Challenge" and tally the winners from each conference and things begin to become interesting. College fans love bragging rights, be it over teams, conferences, rivals, etc. - this would just be another outlet for that. This of course doesn't leave out the elephant in the room, revenue. A BE fan may not tune into Rutgers v Southwestern Alabama State Tech, but they would watch Rutgers v Wake Forest if there was bragging rights on the line and it would show in TV contracts.

Reaction Score
It's already self-evident that conferences will be 14 schools minimum. No point on dwelling on a number less than 14. If Texas takes no interest in what goes on in the northeast, what are the Cowboys doing in the NFC East? Why did TCU almost join the Big East? Flawed logic. Some people take interest in more than just their states and areas surrounding their states. UConn fans probably outnumbered USF's fans at a basketball game in Tampa recently.

Personally, I would like to go to the B1G the most. If the Big 12 was so disinterested in the northeast, why would the ex-commissioner of the Big East mention that the Big 12 looked at northeastern schools?

Why the heck do I even post on message boards?

Reaction Score
It's already self-evident that conferences will be 14 schools minimum. No point on dwelling on a number less than 14. If Texas takes no interest in what goes on in the northeast, what are the Cowboys doing in the NFC East? Why did TCU almost join the Big East? Flawed logic. Some people take interest in more than just their states and areas surrounding their states. UConn fans probably outnumbered USF's fans at a basketball game in Syracuse recently.

Personally, I would like to go to the B1G the most. If the Big 12 was so disinterested in the northeast, why would the ex-commissioner of the Big East mention that the Big 12 looked at northeastern schools?

Why the heck do I even post on message boards?

Actually it's far from self evident and no where near sensical. In your mind conferences will be 14 schools minimum, because that is what you want to happen. The argument about the Cowboys being in the NFC East has nothing to do with the college game nor does TCU at one point being a part of the BE. The BE had a spot in a BCS conference that TCU was dieing for, it wasn't the best situation clearly, but it was better than nothing at the time.

Also, what does UConn fans at a USF basketball game in Syracuse have to do with the Midwestern/Plains schools? BE fans showing up at a BE game? What a shocker that happened.

I'm sure at one point they looked at the NE, it's called due diligence, but clearly nothing has happened with it. Like I've said, if they miraculously pull in ND, then all bets are off on who the 12th is, but I can guarantee there won't be a 13th in the B12, B10 or P12, there just isn't anything in proximity to gain.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, one of the most pre-eminent conferences in the country, the SEC, has gone to 14 teams. Yeah, you're right. It's all just because I want it to happen. Excellent.

Reaction Score
Also, what does UConn fans at a USF basketball game in Syracuse have to do with the Midwestern/Plains schools? BE fans showing up at a BE game? What a shocker that happened.
And the game was in T ampa. I made note of the error. Thank you very much for your input.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, one of the most pre-eminent conferences in the country, the SEC, has gone to 14 teams. Yeah, you're right. It's all just because I want it to happen. Excellent.

One conference of note went to 14, so the rest will clearly follow suit? Not exactly. The ACC made a reactionary move and swallowed up two less than stellar programs which have in turned pissed off current member schools alumni bases (see: FSU). What exactly do the other 3 major conferences have to gain by going to 14? Adding schools doesn't automatically add income. Adding an Ohio State, Texas, ND, Alabama, LSU, etc adds money to a conference, but there aren't too many of those types of programs available.

The SEC went to 14 because aTm pretty much forced their hand. That move is so intertwined in State of Texas Stop that it's not even worth getting in to. Mizzou got the 14th for a balanced schedule and after openly trying to get into the B10 before realignment even started, they had pretty much lost their welcome in the B12.

Reaction Score
The SEC was forced to take in Texas A&M? You serious? The Pac-12 was also strongly considering going to 16. I am sure you know more than these conferences do.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, I was thinking the checkmate move for the SEC would be to add Texas and Florida State. Their footprint would dominate recruiting hotbeds and they would stand astride the college football universe like a colossus.

If that did come to pass, I can see the Big 12 adding Louisville, Rutgers, and Cincinnati. The ACC would add UConn, and may decide to add more. But who?

Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, I was thinking the checkmate move for the SEC would be to add Texas and Florida State.

Florida state makes sense if the SEC wants them and there is debate that florida would allow it.

Texas would never go for it they already run the Big-12 as it is, not to mention there is a snowballs chance in he11 the SEC would put up with the Longhorn network.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
If you go by the Catholic Church cases it's likely 1 in 3 are lying gold diggers and will be outed early in the process. I expect athletic scandals will be the same.

One Two of Bernie's accusers came clean

Next up: accuser #2 Mike Lang. The 'cousin' who suddenly remembered he too was molested.

>>
The third man to accuse Bernie Fine of molestation will ask police to end its investigation of the former Syracuse University assistant basketball coach.

Zach Tomaselli, 23, has told the The Post-Standard of Syracuse that he doctored emails and repeatedly lied to authorities in an effort to tip the scale of evidence against Fine.

"I'm just guna ask the police to drop the investigation on Fine. I'm sick of this. I have a couple weeks left to live. I want to be left alone," wrote Tomaselli in a text to The Post-Standard, referring to a pending prison term
<<

>>SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A prison inmate who was the fourth man to accuse a former Syracuse University assistant basketball coach of sexual abuse when they were children has admitted that he made up his claim.

The accuser, Floyd VanHooser, wrote in a letter that he lied to police and in December interviews with The Associated Press and The Post-Standard newspaper of Syracuse. He said he wanted to get back at the coach, Bernie Fine, because Fine did not hire a lawyer to help VanHooser fight a criminal conviction.<<

RS9999X

Reaction Score
More on Mike Lang, Second Accuser and ongoing attempts to verify his story.....

>> Mike Lang, when contacted by the Post-Standard, ESPN and Syracuse University from 2003-05, denied being molested.

This year, after catching wind of the Sandusky story, Lang flip-flopped and has told a flimsy and inconsistent time-line story about Fine touching him during the 1970s or 1980s. After two awful television appearances chaperoned by professional ambulance-chaser Gloria Allred, Lang has disappeared from the public spotlight, leaving Davis to fan the flames all alone.

Two weeks ago, Allred, who is representing Davis and Lang in a defamation lawsuit against Jim Boeheim — I’d call it a shakedown — agreed to allow me to interview Davis. About 24 hours before the interview, Allred asked if she could sit in on the interview. I told her I’d prefer that Davis be “unchaperoned,” but that I would not object to her involvement. She took offense to me characterizing her as a “chaperone” and canceled the interview. <<

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...nie-Fine-child-molestation-allegations-011612

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Erronious. Erronious. I read on the Boneyard that Syracuse was exactly like Penn St. It doesn't matter how many false accusers drop their civil suits. It's exactly the same thing as Sandusky being in the President's box for a game the week before he got arrested and the University 'losing' the sign-in sheet.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, I was thinking the checkmate move for the SEC would be to add Texas and Florida State. Their footprint would dominate recruiting hotbeds and they would stand astride the college football universe like a colossus.

If that did come to pass, I can see the Big 12 adding Louisville, Rutgers, and Cincinnati. The ACC would add UConn, and may decide to add more. But who?

The SEC....won't happen.

Texas is too big for the SEC or any other conference to coerce and the SEC has no interest in Florida State. Florida State is already inside the footprint and doesn't push the borders of the conference. If Texas ends up anywhere, it will be the Pac 12 first, second and third with the Big Ten with the teensiest of chances.

Florida State is an ACC lifer - no options there.

If and when the SEC goes sniffing for new teams, the ACC is going to lose some skin in Virginia and North Carolina. I suspect Tech and State. Big Ten might also be bold enough to consider something like Maryland and/or Virginia as well, but that part is just guesswork.

Aside from a general realization regarding their crumbling football competitiveness, one of the things that spurred the initial ACC raid on the Big East was the general terror of sharing a neighborhood with a monster like the SEC. Eventually, the monster gets hungry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll say it again. I don't care if the public cares about PSU academics. I think PSU people should care about PSU academics.

If you think they shouldn't, I'd say that's bizarre.

Upstater, I think I understand your point. What you seem to be missing, or deliberately ignoring, is that it seems that some point matintaining the mythology of Penn St. became institutionally more important that stopping the serial victimization of children. To most of the posters here that that overshadows the much of what PSU had come to represent.

To me the point that your trying to make is like the inevitable with the serial killer's neighbor who says "He was a quiet man and he kept his yard very neat." It just doesn't seem to matter in the context in horrors that happened.

Reaction Score
Upstater, I think I understand your point. What you seem to be missing, or deliberately ignoring, is that it seems that some point matintaining the mythology of Penn St. became institutionally more important that stopping the serial victimization of children. To most of the posters here that that overshadows the much of what PSU had come to represent.

To me the point that your trying to make is like the inevitable with the serial killer's neighbor who says "He was a quiet man and he kept his yard very neat." It just doesn't seem to matter in the context in horrors that happened.

Obviously I reject that argument

Reaction Score
More on Mike Lang, Second Accuser and ongoing attempts to verify his story.....

>> Mike Lang, when contacted by the Post-Standard, ESPN and Syracuse University from 2003-05, denied being molested.

This year, after catching wind of the Sandusky story, Lang flip-flopped and has told a flimsy and inconsistent time-line story about Fine touching him during the 1970s or 1980s. After two awful television appearances chaperoned by professional ambulance-chaser Gloria Allred, Lang has disappeared from the public spotlight, leaving Davis to fan the flames all alone.

Two weeks ago, Allred, who is representing Davis and Lang in a defamation lawsuit against Jim Boeheim — I’d call it a shakedown — agreed to allow me to interview Davis. About 24 hours before the interview, Allred asked if she could sit in on the interview. I told her I’d prefer that Davis be “unchaperoned,” but that I would not object to her involvement. She took offense to me characterizing her as a “chaperone” and canceled the interview. <<

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebas...nie-Fine-child-molestation-allegations-011612

Do you know how many of the Sandusky molested kids (now men) denied being molested when interviewed by the AG in 2008 and 2009?

ALL OF THEM.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not sure when this became the child molestation suspect board, but duck*ing knock it off.

You want to fight over Penn State - find a duck*ing Penn State board. Ditto for Syracuse.

RS9999X

Reaction Score
I'm not sure when this became the child molestation suspect board, but duck*ing knock it off.

You want to fight over Penn State - find a duck*ing Penn State board. Ditto for Syracuse.

You didn't complain when the subject was the menage-a-trois with the Fine family and the Davis kid.

I assume threesomes are still within the Boneyard rules of appropriate conduct?

Bestiality? I just saw a funny pic of the Texas Longhorn (Bevo) doing the Baylor Bear.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're months past when the SU or PSU stuff was breaking news. You can find other toys to play with now that might actual pertain to conference realignment.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We're months past when the SU or PSU stuff was breaking news. You can find other toys to play with now that might actual pertain to conference realignment.
So there's no shot that PSU and Cuse will come together to form the Eastern Molestation Conference? Cuz that would be relevant to this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom