Big 12 or B1G | The Boneyard

Big 12 or B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I seriously think these conferences are better options than the ACC. Let the ACC have ECU or USF. We can get into a conference better than the ACC. Both conferences have more positives going for them than the ACC.

Louisville, Cincinnati, Rutgers and UConn would be a great package for the Big 12 to add.

Reaction Score
Big 10 ain't happening. The Big 12 would not be a better option than going to the ACC with ND. The Big 12 is anything but stable.

Reaction Score
B1G if given the choice, no question about it However, neither are really an option right now (as far as any of us would know). The B12 is not a stable conference. It's more stable than the BE, but that's not saying a whole lot these days. I'll be surprised if OU, Okie Lite, and the Horns are still in the B12 after 5-6 years.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
From a tradition standpoint, the B1G is the way to go. Great schools...great history.

But..from a geographic standpoint, the ACC makes the most sense. If the ACC goes to 16 and adds ND and UConn...I love the idea of a division with UConn, Cuse, Pitt, BC, ND, Va, VT, MD. There is no way you will get that kind of division alignment with the B1G.

Big 12 makes the least sense...but is still a better solution than staying in the BE. Especially if there are a couple more BE schools added like RU and/or UL.

Plus..selfishly...I live in Atlanta...lots of drivable road games in the ACC.

Reaction Score
I hate the ACC. While the B12 is unstable, adding the Big East schools would ensure its future stability.

Reaction Score
ACC. Puts us with regaional rivals (Cuse and BC) and with UCONN it would be, unquestionably, the best basketball conference in the country (men and women).

We would soon own BC and Cuse in football on a level conference playing field. UCONN would position itself as a major northeast power in big-time college football.

Reaction Score
I hate the ACC. I really would have to get used to going there and fear that it's just not a good conference. As I posted in the other thread this morning, I still think the SEC is like a sword hanging over their head ready to pluck their crown jewel UNC. The ACC will never be taken seriously as a football conference if the trend doesn't change for them and the SEC will go to 16 and will raid them.

Big 10 is the way to go and Big 12 would be acceptable.

Reaction Score
1. First port in a storm.

2. We would soon own Syracuse in football if we joined the ACC? We've already beaten them 5 in a row, and of those five only one (this year's game) was truly competitive.

Reaction Score
Biz -

I think if the BiG came after us then the ACC would step in immediately and we would then choose the ACC. My sense fwiw. That would also be my personal preference.

And yes, we have owned the Orange, but they can hold out some legitimate hope on that front given the current conference alignments. My point is simply that on a level conference playing field, UCONN passes Syracuse and BC in a big way. UCONN, Rutgers and PSU become the programs in the northeast. And I really like our chances there.

Reaction Score
Someone from UT's people even stated if TV markets are the driver, UConn, Rutgers, USF and UCF should be added. It seems to me we are on their radar.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
We'd become a Penn State by playing with Penn State. Anyone in the right mind would join the B1G before the ACC.
And becoming a Penn State is good? With all that has happened recently, that's a school I won't choose to emulate.

Reaction Score
And becoming a Penn State is good? With all that has happened recently, that's a school I won't choose to emulate.
I just mean their success in football, as well as other schools they play with. Nebraska is not weak.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I just mean their success in football, as well as other schools they play with. Nebraska is not weak.
I'm not going to take the bait. Nope, not going to do it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
From a tradition standpoint, the B1G is the way to go. Great schools...great history.

But..from a geographic standpoint, the ACC makes the most sense. If the ACC goes to 16 and adds ND and UConn...I love the idea of a division with UConn, Cuse, Pitt, BC, ND, Va, VT, MD. There is no way you will get that kind of division alignment with the B1G.

Big 12 makes the least sense...but is still a better solution than staying in the BE. Especially if there are a couple more BE schools added like RU and/or UL.

Plus..selfishly...I live in Atlanta...lots of drivable road games in the ACC.

This. Exactly this. This, this, this. (Minus the Atlanta part.)

Reaction Score
This might come down to where Notre Dame goes. ND would probably like to drag us along for the ride. I could imagine ND prefers the B1G and the Big 12 over the ACC.

Reaction Score
I'd encourage you to go back and read Waquoit's post above. That guy who knows a guy? Shhhhhhh. He's on to something.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
At this point, I could give a duck* about regional rivalries.

If you told me that the Pac 12 was inviting UConn, I would embrace our new regional rivalry with Utah.

I don't care anymore.

ACC, Big Whatever, sign me up.

Reaction Score
I'd encourage you to go back and read Waquoit's post above. That guy who knows a guy? Shhhhhhh. He's on to something.
That's what you said about uniforms.

Fishy, determination > panic.

Reaction Score
From our traitor friends the Orange. B12 talk may have something to it. I'd honestly love to go to the B12 with Rutty, Cincy, and Louisville. It would be better than the ACC in my opinion.

http://www.syracusefan.com/threads/lol-this-will-be-fun.13454/

I'm told this morning by a conference source the 2012 #Big12 football schedule will be released within the month, and #WVU will be on it.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

He also told me that the #Big12 taking #WVU and #TCU from the #BigEast "is just the beginning." #CardNation #Bearcats #Rutgers #USF #UConn

Reaction Score
Regardless of where we end up, we'll be second-class citizens to some extent. That's still better than being the big minnow in the puddle of piss that remains.

Reaction Score
From our traitor friends the Orange. B12 talk may have something to it. I'd honestly love to go to the B12 with Rutty, Cincy, and Louisville. It would be better than the ACC in my opinion.

http://www.syracusefan.com/threads/lol-this-will-be-fun.13454/

I'm told this morning by a conference source the 2012 #Big12 football schedule will be released within the month, and #WVU will be on it.

GSwaim BigTime TV/Radio

He also told me that the #Big12 taking #WVU and #TCU from the #BigEast "is just the beginning." #CardNation#Bearcats#Rutgers#USF#UConn

I don't believe Swaim has a clue.

Reaction Score
We are not second class in basketball. The banners speak for themselves.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think we have concrete proof that being first-class in basketball doesn't mean much.

Every program that has moved thus far has been a lesser basketball program than UConn and yet here we still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom