Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hadn't heard about that. I'm pretty sure FBD, SoS, and those types run $120 for keg vs $40 for bud light. Just to give an idea of what to expect.

Also found a spot on the shoreline that just be came my go to for beer without having to go into new haven. They had and still have SoS on tap, will be having grapefruit sculpin on tap this week and had FBD taken away by their distributor 2 weeks ago because other bars were angry they are getting all the top kegs from them. The bartender is extremely knowledgeable about his beers. Told me to try steady habit brewery in Haddam

I think westbrook lobster has SoS right now on tap also

Yes, Westbrook Lobster (in Clinton) has SoS on tap and has had it for at least a few days. I had a couple there on Sunday, when their very generous happy hour goes from 12-7.

I also lucked into Maine Beer's Lunch being tapped at Prime for happy hour on Friday and stayed for a few of those. I heard that Moxie in Madison was tapping it this week, but I am *trying* to be good midweek.

I've heard good things about Steady Habits from several sources.

Where is your new shoreline place? Please PM me if you don't want to broadcast it. Thanks.

NEBCO's Lil' Heaven clobbers Stony Creeks Cranky.

And I just fell in love with NEBCO's Road to Ruin. Being hit or miss with any IPA I took a chance with this Douple IPA. It was like nectar.

You mean Two Roads, not NEBCO.

Reaction Score
NEBCO's Lil' Heaven clobbers Stony Creeks Cranky.

And I just fell in love with NEBCO's Road to Ruin. Being hit or miss with any IPA I took a chance with this Douple IPA. It was like nectar.
Those are both by Two Roads. However you are correct in that any DIPA from NEBCO is like nectar.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Re Two Roads' Road to Ruin, they have improved it in recent months. Still not anywhere near NEBCO's beers imo, but better than it was. I heard that they were trying to make it more SoS-like.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Re Two Roads' Road to Ruin, they have improved it in recent months. Still not anywhere near NEBCO's beers imo, but better than it was. I heard that they were trying to make it more SoS-like.

I noticed about 6 months ago that the above went up to 8%. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
If you have money head over to Treehouse just over the border in Western Mass for some Julius the best beer hands down I have ever had.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
If you have money head over to Treehouse just over the border in Western Mass for some Julius the best beer hands down I have ever had.
I go just about every Friday green and haze are also very good options but your right Julius is the best!

Reaction Score
Wow, I just heard that CT passed a law effective July 1 that now allows bars to fill and sell growlers. I had no idea this was even being considered. It will be interesting to see what kinds of prices people will be charging for the top beers like FBD, SoS, etc.

https://omnomct.wordpress.com/2015/...rants-pubs-expands-liquor-store-winery-hours/

Interesting. They do this in New York. I got a growler of St. Bernardus. Wasn't cheap. Also, first time bartender had done it, and both of us felt so bad at the amount of beer he had to spill from the head.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My bad. I am an dope.

:(

EDIT: Just looked at the Two Roads website...I am a fan of other offerings, too. Love that Ol' Factory Pils a lot. And the Honeyspot Road.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
My bad. I am an dope.

:(

EDIT: Just looked at the Two Roads website...I am a fan of other offerings, too. Love that Ol' Factory Pils a lot. And the Honeyspot Road.
They had a nicely-packaged 12 pack of Honeyspot and a couple of other beers in cans.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Just had zombies dust by 3 Floyd's brewery in Indiana it is in the top 3 of beers I've ever tried

Reaction Score
Behold!
IMG_3739.jpg

Capital Spirits, new store on Pratt Street. I was perusing the beer cooler when the guy stocking cases in the back asked if I was looking for something. Said I'm always looking for Sip O Sun but never finding. He said "psst, buddy, I can sell you two cans, I've got some in the back"...secret stash. It was like a drug deal.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Behold!
View attachment 10012
Capital Spirits, new store on Pratt Street. I was perusing the beer cooler when the guy stocking cases in the back asked if I was looking for something. Said I'm always looking for Sip O Sun but never finding. He said "psst, buddy, I can sell you two cans, I've got some in the back"...secret stash. It was like a drug deal.
I've bought plenty of it in CT and have drank even more, but I have yet to see it displayed in a CT package store--they all keep it "in the back" and only sell to regulars or upon inquiry if they feel like it. Best bet is to make this new store your "regular" (or at least go there often enough to pick up other stuff and be familiar to them), and establish a relationship where they will hold it for you.

They're doing the same thing with Lawson's Super Session #2 now, which was just released in cans for the first time this week. Problem is it's almost half the ABV and 4 fewer ounces, but they are charging the same amount per four-pack as they do for SoS (around $16 out the door).

I really hate when they break up the four pack and will only sell a couple cans. Out of curiosity, what did they get you for per can? I'm guessing $5.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, what did they get you for per can? I'm guessing $5.
4 bucks. What a bargain. I bought a 6 of Sea Hag to let them know I'm cool. I live downtown and work from home --can walk to the store so this could play out nicely.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I've bought plenty of it in CT and have drank even more, but I have yet to see it displayed in a CT package store--they all keep it "in the back" and only sell to regulars or upon inquiry if they feel like it. Best bet is to make this new store your "regular" (or at least go there often enough to pick up other stuff and be familiar to them), and establish a relationship where they will hold it for you.

They're doing the same thing with Lawson's Super Session #2 now, which was just released in cans for the first time this week. Problem is it's almost half the ABV and 4 fewer ounces, but they are charging the same amount per four-pack as they do for SoS (around $16 out the door).

I really hate when they break up the four pack and will only sell a couple cans. Out of curiosity, what did they get you for per can? I'm guessing $5.
I know this is to be expected but it still annoys me. I spread my business around about 3-4 stores, all of which have a nice selection, and I just go wherever I happen to be closest. I don't know if I would make the cut if I started asking around for the Lawson's so I just take a quick peak and then buy what looks interesting.

Reaction Score
I'm stocking up for a pool bash at our place....was very happy to find several Grey Sails, Stony Creek Little cranky IIPA and Sea Hag IPA at Crazy Bruce's in W. Htfd.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I know this is to be expected but it still annoys me. I spread my business around about 3-4 stores, all of which have a nice selection, and I just go wherever I happen to be closest. I don't know if I would make the cut if I started asking around for the Lawson's so I just take a quick peak and then buy what looks interesting.
So of course I just found SoS in the singles door at one of my standbys. $5 a kinger, I hope it's good.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score

what a joke the supper session should be 12.99 a 6 pk which Is what Lawson's told retailers to sell at I even saw a place selling 2 pks for 8 bucks

Curiouser
Reaction Score
what a joke the supper session should be 12.99 a 6 pk which Is what Lawson's told retailers to sell at I even saw a place selling 2 pks for 8 bucks
I agree and I'm going to leave open the possibility that the guy who rang me up didn't know what to charge and just used the SoS price. He wasn't the guy who is usually there and I had to tell him: (a) that the product existed; (b) that it was just released in cans, including in CT; and (c) that I was pretty sure he had already received a delivery of it earlier this week. He had no idea what I was talking about but he indulged me by checking the boss's secret stash spot and was surprised to find it there. So...I'm thinking there's a good chance he just rang up the SoS price, and I didn't want to call him on it after that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So of course I just found SoS in the singles door at one of my standbys. $5 a kinger, I hope it's good.

You didn't drink it on the way home?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Or sitting in the parking lot.
Actually kind of a let down. Some beers use a hop that irritates my throat and mouth, I think that's one of them.

Reaction Score
Picked up SoS and SS#2 this afternoon at one of my regular package stores. The SS was out front and the SoS was in the back. It's good, but I don't understand the hassle people go through to get it. I can think of a couple of IPAs that are just as good or better and are much easier to find.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
just got back from Burlington.
With 24 Heady toppers and 36 Sip of Sunshines

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak