So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I used to work for a German company and often went there on business. We went to a bar that was connected to a brewery. My hosts said something about the beer being 'fresh' and could cause digestive issues. Not sure exactly what the explanation was.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
I don't get all the hate for milwaukees best while I don't go out of the way to buy it when I notice it I'll pick up a 24oz for nostalgic purposes cause when I was in the marines that's all we drank!

Reaction Score
You guys haven't even scratched the surface on bad beer. Budweiser/ budlight makes a beer mixed with clam juice. I think it is called Clamato. It was the only beer once opened I could not finish.

That's a Canadian thing. Clamato is actually not an alcoholic drink. It is clam juice + tomato juice.

My friends from the BU hockey team introduced me to that hangover cure a long time ago. Beer + Clamato = otherwise known as a redeye.

Reaction Score
There are two types of people, those who buy beer with clam juice, and those who can read.

Sigh. The can should say, if you're drinking this after 12 PM, you're doing it wrong. Beer + Clamato is a hangover cure.

Reaction Score
Sigh. The can should say, if you're drinking this after 12 PM, you're doing it wrong. Beer + Clamato is a hangover cure.

Perhaps we should turn this off-season, “worst of” thread into a “best of” thread.

The best hangover cure, from my experience, is a well-mixed Bloody Mary…

…equal parts of vodka and V8 juice, with as much Tobasco, Worcester sauce, horseradish, and black pepper as your system can handle. A stalk of celery to stir.

Many of us will likely need this cure tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Reaction Score
That's a Canadian thing. Clamato is actually not an alcoholic drink. It is clam juice + tomato juice.

My friends from the BU hockey team introduced me to that hangover cure a long time ago. Beer + Clamato = otherwise known as a redeye.

Come on now Redeye is a Genny Beer (lager) versus the Genny Cream Ale, which is widely know as a inducing Becerage. Genny Red enjoys no such reputation.

Reaction Score
In the cooler at my frat club the beer that was left over after all others were consumed was Old Bohemian. Schmidt's, Genesee, Ortlieb's, Iron City (tastes like iron - smells like the city) were all gone - but no one wanted the Old Bo'. I'll also nominate Utica Club (3.2) as one of the worst beers. I didn't even like it when they let us have a couple of hours as the so called "beer hall" at Ft. Dix at the end of basic training.

Reaction Score
In the cooler at my frat club the beer that was left over after all others were consumed was Old Bohemian. Schmidt's, Genesee, Ortlieb's, Iron City (tastes like iron - smells like the city) were all gone - but no one wanted the Old Bo'. I'll also nominate Utica Club (3.2) as one of the worst beers. I didn't even like it when they let us have a couple of hours as the so called "beer hall" at Ft. Dix at the end of basic training.
What about Fort Schuyler? I think it was made by the same brewery that made Utica Club. Was the worst beer I ever had but some kids in college bought it because it was like $5 a case. I would have rather saved my $5.

Reaction Score
Not in any order - Keystone Light, Genesee Cream Ale (I swear my old man used to buy that beer because even at 17 I would not touch it), Milwaukee's Best aka the Beast, and Koch's Golden Anniversary (my roommate game me a case of that Freshman year, never forgave him).

Other people's opinions...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/bottom/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not in any order - Keystone Light, Genesee Cream Ale (I swear my old man used to buy that beer because even at 17 I would not touch it), Milwaukee's Best aka the Beast, and Koch's Golden Anniversary (my roommate game me a case of that Freshman year, never forgave him).

Other people's opinions...

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/bottom/
When I lived in Upstate NY for 5 yrs this is what everyone drank
images
I Drank Keystone Ice! didn't taste to bad but got buzzed real quick.

Reaction Score
Here is is in a nutshell, drink one or two of the good beer then you won't care.

dranking-and-ranking-20-of-america-s-favorite-tallboys

Reaction Score
For me, it's Coors Extra Gold. Believe they shortened the name to Extra Gold. Man, was that awful. My father used to drink that stuff. I have no idea why. It tasted like something you should pour into your car.

Another one was Steel Reserve. It could probably get you buzzing' very quickly, if you could actually drink it.;)

When I went to CCSU ( late 90's), we could get a 30 pack of PBR for $8.99. That made it somewhat appealing.

Reaction Score
Don't get all the Heineken bashing. Ice cold on a hot day it's pretty tasty, sure if it's sitting in the sun and skunked it's bad but you could say that for most beers.

Reaction Score
When I lived in Upstate NY for 5 yrs this is what everyone drank
images
I Drank Keystone Ice! didn't taste to bad but got buzzed real quick.

Genny beers are all different. Cream Ale is a wretch. 12 Horse ain't that bdad.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Many of the horrible beers listed here have a 3.2% version in states like Colorado and Utah. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Reaction Score
Red White Blue and Iron City.

And this list would depend on where you are in your life. For instance as a bunch of 18-19 year olds on a trip to Jacksonville with our college baseball team in the late 70's the gas station across the street had a special on cases of Old Milwaukee. Let me tell you throw those in my buddies bath tub in his room on ice after a couple games and practice they were like the best beers ever.

Keep'em cold and buy what you can afford and there's no worst beer!;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom