Bud, Bud Light, Bud Lime, bud light platinum, Bud Ice, Bud black crown, :p

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Don't drink anymore but these three come to mind;

Hamm's
Stroh's
Piel's

Edit: I think they were suppose to suck.
Fire brewed Stroh's has no place in this thread, man.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
PBR in a can is the worst beer I've ever had.

Reaction Score
Ran out of Miller Lite playing power hour in Watson Hall and had to switch to...

images

I made the wall of shame that night - the last one of our group to do so! BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Habanero Sculpin

My brother and I went to dinner a couple of weeks ago and we asked the waitress about - she said that the entire staff tried it and hated it.

So, obviously, we avoided it.

Then she brought us samples to prove how bad it was - it was truly horrific.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Narragansett has some good season beers but there Narragansett light is absolutely terrible so that and Bud Light Wheat

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Milwaukee's Best is the worst one I still see in grocery stores. Back in the day at UC for us it was Schmidt's in kegs. About $15 a 1/4 keg for a lazy Saturday night.

Worst looking one I won't try is that Bud-Clamato abortion.

Reaction Score
Do not knock my beloved Genny. All those piss color light American lagers have their place. I come in from cutting wood for 3-4 hours that light stuff fits the bill perfectly.

Heffanreffer - but maybe that doesn't qualify because it might be a malt liquor but it's horrible.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
PBR in a can is the worst beer I've ever had.
I like it a lot.

Agree, I like PBR in a can too. It's like a sorbet to cleanse the palate in between really good beers.

Habanero Sculpin
My brother and I went to dinner a couple of weeks ago and we asked the waitress about - she said that the entire staff tried it and hated it.

Definitely an acquired taste and most people hate it. I love it, but I love really spicy things and really bitter things, so it's a match made in heaven for me.

Reaction Score
Don't know if it is still around but: Iron City.

I think they may actually put some slag in this beer.

Cheaper than having to dispose of it otherwise.

It is really bad.

I am going to nominate a beer I've only had in Europe: Oranjeboom.

A beer the Dutch like--yeckers.

Reaction Score
I should also mention if anyone wants to try Hill Farmstead brews without making the hike to VT Armsby Abbey in Worcester has about 4-6 lines dedicated to HF. The food is also fantastic. http://armsbyabbey.com/on-tap/
Was actually there last Saturday night trying the Hill Farmstead beers. They were all really good. They had 7 of their beers there; Mosaic, Edward, Society & Solitude, Works of Lola, Susan, Conduct of Life and Galaxy.

Reaction Score
Milwaukees best . takes crappy beer to a whole other level, especially in 'tall boy' form

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ran out of Miller Lite playing power hour in Watson Hall and had to switch to...

images

I made the wall of shame that night - the last one of our group to do so! BAD, BAD, BAD!!!

Schaefer is my manual labor beer. And I'll still call it on my semi-annual Colony visits, even though it's no longer offered on tap like the old days.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I remember back in Marketing 208 at Storrs in late 70s, we did a blind taste test in class (back when 18 was "of age"). Four national brews (Bud, Miller, Pabst and I think Schlitz) and Naragansett. No one identified all five beers correctly (although many got Miller) and the overwhelming favorite for "best tasting" was, you guessed it, Naragansett.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Obviously many of you guys are too young to remember the worst of the worst. Back in the 60s, there was a (loosely considered) brewery in New Haven called Hull's Export. It had pretty much a monopoly on all bars in Connecticut, especially for draught beer. We used to call it 'napalm in a barrel.' Even a small Hull's would result in screaming a**hole for at least a day. Any more than that and you'd have to lay in a weeks supply of toilet paper...preferably as soft as possible.

It's clearly poetic justice that a married a woman whose name is Hull.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Milwaukee's Best.

I actually like Keystone from a keg.

Reaction Score

Yeah, I can't believe they tasted the first batch and decided it was a good idea to mass produce and distribute it.

Don't let it scare you away from trying the grapefruit sculpin if you haven't had it. It's delicious

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom