Beer | Page 45 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Fire brewed Stroh's has no place in this thread, man.

In college, I had to live through the "Alex, get me another Strohs" TV commercial references at every drinking session.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bud, Bud Light, Bud Lime, bud light platinum, Bud Ice, Bud black crown, :p
I went to a Bud brewery tour with friends once. I think they let you take like two or three beers at the end. We had a bunch at our table and after tasting them, I said to my wife, I have never seen so much beer that I wouldn't drink in one place.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In college, I had to live through the "Alex, get me another Strohs" TV commercial references at every drinking session.

Yes, but Stroh's is "shorts" spelled backwards.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
PBR in a can is the worst beer I've ever had.

I have a soft spot for PBR in a can, it was the first beer I ever bought for myself. At Yankee Stadium when I was 16.

But the winner is Genny Cream.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Chimay. Just not a style I can endure. Tastes like fermented feet.

Reaction Score
Speaking of bad beer, when I was at UConn I used to drink Bud in a bottle. When we were broke we would trade in the returnables and buy Meister Brau. Always happened at the end of the month when my G.I. Bill money ran out.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Can't believe I haven't seen Lucky Lager on this thread. A staple in college for my frat.
luckylager.jpg

They sucked but we bought them because they had puzzles under the caps:

llPuzzles.jpg

Reaction Score
Puzzles under the cap tells you the beer is swill.
Heffenreffer, the Green Death. For short dollar days, priced right at Universal and the puzzle BS to boot. If it didn't kill ya ...

PBR? Recently saw it across from a big time Buddhist temple in Tibet, including beer stands with PBR beach umbrellas. Had to try it, still rubbish, and stuck with the reasonably drinkable Lhasa the rest of the way - "Beer From The Roof Of The World".

Reaction Score
Don't know about the best or the worst but I'm drinking Bud in a bottle , sitting on the porch watching a guy wash wax and detail my Silverado for 25 bucks and after the news on Gilbert this morning all is good.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
By far Pabst Blue Ribbon is the worst beer I've ever had. I'm also not a fan of the winter ales (like Sam Adams) with the freakin cinnamon, pumpkin etc. This post shows why there are so many kinds of beers. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Reaction Score
You guys haven't even scratched the surface on bad beer. Budweiser/ budlight makes a beer mixed with clam juice. I think it is called Clamato. It was the only beer once opened I could not finish.

Reaction Score
I did a semester in the Netherlands and that was one of our local beers, so I have a sentimental attachment to it but I haven't had it more than 25 years.

If you wish to reminisce, the grocery-store chain Trader Joe’s (at least here in the L.A. area) carries Oranjeboom.

To be sure, the beer is not great, but at $5.99 for a six-pack of 500 ml (16.9 fl. oz.) cans, it’s pretty good bang for the buck…or ’boom for the buck, I suppose.

Unless you live near one of the two Connecticut Trader Joe’s locations (West Hartford and, ironically, Orange), though, it’s probably not worth the trip.

Reaction Score
Another vote for Milwaukee's Best. I haven't had one for 20 years and I can still remember the taste. It also had an undesirable effect on the digestive system.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When I was a student at RIT we knew who drank Genny the night before by the smell of the in the bathroom. We called them Genny screamers.

Reaction Score
You guys haven't even scratched the surface on bad beer. Budweiser/ budlight makes a beer mixed with clam juice. I think it is called Clamato. It was the only beer once opened I could not finish.

I think we should trust beerfan on this issue.

I bought it once, because I will buy anything that has beer in it. But, the kitchen sink drank more of it than I did.

Reaction Score
If you wish to reminisce, the grocery-store chain Trader Joe’s (at least here in the L.A. area) carries Oranjeboom.

To be sure, the beer is not great, but at $5.99 for a six-pack of 500 ml (16.9 fl. oz.) cans, it’s pretty good bang for the buck…or ’boom for the buck, I suppose.

Unless you live near one of the two Connecticut Trader Joe’s locations (West Hartford and, ironically, Orange), though, it’s probably not worth the trip.
There are two Trader Joe's down here in Fairfield County: Darien and Westport. I personally haven't tried that beer but I've seen it at parties before.

I've developed quite a soft spot for keystone, after Going through an absurd amount of 30s my first two years. Can't stand PBR, and really no animosity towards any of the other cheap beers.

Single worst beer I ever had was an IPA called Founders. Tasted like absolute dirt.

Reaction Score
There are two Trader Joe's down here in Fairfield County: Darien and Westport. I personally haven't tried that beer but I've seen it at parties before.

I've developed quite a soft spot for keystone, after Going through an absurd amount of 30s my first two years. Can't stand PBR, and really no animosity towards any of the other cheap beers.

Single worst beer I ever had was an IPA called Founders. Tasted like absolute dirt.

I stand corrected.

I visited Trader Joe’s website and typed in my old south-eastern CT zip code to find locations. The site gave me three results: West Hartford, Orange, and Warwick, RI.

Maybe it is worth the trip for cheap Oranjeboom.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Yeah, I can't believe they tasted the first batch and decided it was a good idea to mass produce and distribute it.

Don't let it scare you away from trying the grapefruit sculpin if you haven't had it. It's delicious
I was at the Madison Wine Exchange. No habanero but they did have the grapefruit. I just couldn't do it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you wIsh to reminisce, the grocery-store chain Trader Joe’s (at least here in the L.A. area) carries Oranjeboom.

To be sure, the beer is not great, but at$I5.99 for a six-pack of 500 ml (16.9 fl. oz.) cans, it’s pretty good bang for the buck…or ’boom for the buck, I suppose.

We hit TJs 5 times a year. I don't think I have seen it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom