So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Stony Creek has a sour beer that I would not let even BC or Syracuse fans drink.

Reaction Score
Star Hill Jomo lager is still the worst beer I've ever had. Tried it in college since it was brewed up the road and hated it. I tried it again a couple years ago to see if maybe I just didn't appreciate good beer yet in college...it was still terrible

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Has anyone else ever had Falstaff? Brutal.

Reaction Score
Stroh's, Keystone & Meister Brau were all undrinkable to me WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE and would drink anything.

Drank tons of Busch, pitchers of delicious Genny Cream Ale at Rapps & Schaeffer's bar bottles for $5.99/case were the go-to dorm party beer in the post-keg era of UConn.

Reaction Score
Blatz was pretty awful. Tasted like rust.
When we were really hurting for some cash we would step down from PBR and Red White and Blue to drink Blatz. Pretty sure it did some long term damage.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
Circa 1989...Piels was king in my dorm. You could get a case of bar bottles for $6.99. Terrible beer, but after 4 or 5, it all tasted the same.

Piels_Draft.jpg

Reaction Score
I actually like Schaefer. The one beer to have when you are having more than one. One of the greatest slogans ever. A case of bar bottles at Villa for 5.99 back in 1980.

Lone Star. Nasty.

Reaction Score
I actually like Schaefer. The one beer to have when you are having more than one. One of the greatest slogans ever. A case of bar bottles at Villa for 5.99 back in 1980.

Lone Star. Nasty.
Yes...Schaefer was our backup, equally as bad as Piels...need a sponge and a Q-tip in the John the next day.

Reaction Score
I stopped in an upstate NY gas station yesterday and they were selling something called Mountain Beer Light and it was like 4 5 dollars for a 6pack. I was tempted to get some just to see how awful it was.

Worst beer that I've ever had outside of beer that was technically good but I just didn't like has to be Milwaukee's Best. I thought the 8 dollar 12 pack was gonna be a bargain but it ended up being a waste as I couldn't even finish two. At least Natty, Keystone, etc have no taste at all. Milwaukee's Best was just offensively bad.

Reaction Score
Genny beers are all different. Cream Ale is a wretch. 12 Horse ain't that bdad.

12 Horse, Genny Bock (the Goat) and Genny Reds as pictured are all infinitely drinkable- They need to be taken for what they are, I had a red yesterday after wrestling with a chainsaw and two big standing dead trees for a few hours.

Genny Light, Ice and Cream Ale are all tough putts.

Reaction Score
I stopped in an upstate NY gas station yesterday and they were selling something called Mountain Beer Light and it was like 4 5 dollars for a 6pack. I was tempted to get some just to see how awful it was.

Worst beer that I've ever had outside of beer that was technically good but I just didn't like has to be Milwaukee's Best. I thought the 8 dollar 12 pack was gonna be a bargain but it ended up being a waste as I couldn't even finish two. At least Natty, Keystone, etc have no taste at all. Milwaukee's Best was just offensively bad.

Do not do it. You were in a Stewart's - stick to their ice cream - let that beer alone.

Reaction Score
Do not do it. You were in a Stewart's - stick to their ice cream - let that beer alone.
I was in a Stewarts! Somewhere between Albany and Pittsfield MA. I just stopped for the bathroom. Next time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is this stuff still made? Should have been called Skunkhead.

72311630092.jpg

Cuz when I read this story I couldn't help but think of 23 too many Mooseheads.

Reaction Score
Is this stuff still made? Should have been called Skunkhead.

72311630092.jpg

Cuz when I read this story I couldn't help but think of 23 too many Mooseheads.

Moosehead was once good.

The problem started when they began importing it from Canada on the back of pick-up trucks.

The sun will skunk any brew.

Reaction Score
I used to be a beer reviewer until my stomach couldn't take it anymore, but here are some local beers that are commonly reviewed as good, but taste like crap:

Southern Tier Creme Brulee
Thomas Hooker Watermelon Ale
Blue Point Oyster Stout
Dogfish Head Fort

For those of you who put PBR on this list, shame on you.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have a warm spot in my heart for Red Dog. Went through multiple 30s over Final 4 weekend in '99.

I had Ice House a couple years back for the first time since college. I found out why I did not drink it up until then since college, and I have not had it since.

Some of these other beers are meant to be cheap, and by extension, crappy. So they are disqualified by intent.

Ice House has my vote.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
Moosehead was once good.

The problem started when they began importing it from Canada on the back of pick-up trucks.

The sun will skunk any brew.
I actually have a few of those in my bar. NOT for me. I repeat...NOT for me. My father claims "it's good stuff". He needs to be examined.

Reaction Score
Wow, I just heard that CT passed a law effective July 1 that now allows bars to fill and sell growlers. I had no idea this was even being considered. It will be interesting to see what kinds of prices people will be charging for the top beers like FBD, SoS, etc.

https://omnomct.wordpress.com/2015/...rants-pubs-expands-liquor-store-winery-hours/
Hadn't heard about that. I'm pretty sure FBD, SoS, and those types run $120 for keg vs $40 for bud light. Just to give an idea of what to expect.

Also found a spot on the shoreline that just be came my go to for beer without having to go into new haven. They had and still have SoS on tap, will be having grapefruit sculpin on tap this week and had FBD taken away by their distributor 2 weeks ago because other bars were angry they are getting all the top kegs from them. The bartender is extremely knowledgeable about his beers. Told me to try steady habit brewery in Haddam

I think westbrook lobster has SoS right now on tap also

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
NEBCO's Lil' Heaven clobbers Stony Creeks Cranky.

And I just fell in love with NEBCO's Road to Ruin. Being hit or miss with any IPA I took a chance with this Douple IPA. It was like nectar.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Got my hands on Lawson's super session #2 yesterday very nice session IPA that's perfect for hot summer days!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom