• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Why does Two Roads make Road Jam?

They make perfectly fine beers. Why ruin the variety pack?

I love Two Roads and agree with you 100%. They brew Rye 95 for about a month and then switch over to Road Jam for four. It drives me crazy since Rye 95 is one of my favorites.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why does Two Roads make Road Jam?

They make perfectly fine beers. Why ruin the variety pack?
I love Two Roads and agree with you 100%. They brew Rye 95 for about a month and then switch over to Road Jam for four. It drives me crazy since Rye 95 is one of my favorites.
Those are probably my two least favorite beers that they brew. I really don't like the Rye 95, and the Road Jam is just "meh."

I don't really love any of their beers, but I like L'il Heaven, and Road 2 Ruin has improved from the malty booze-bomb that it used to taste like--apparently they are taking some notes from Sean Lawson when he comes down to brew his Sip of Sunshine there.

For the life of me, I have no idea who is buying all the Evil Twin beers they brew there. I think they have wayyyy too many offerings, and are much too expensive.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Those are probably my two least favorite beers that they brew. I really don't like the Rye 95, and the Road Jam is just "meh."

I don't really love any of their beers, but I like L'il Heaven, and Road 2 Ruin has improved from the malty booze-bomb that it used to taste like--apparently they are taking some notes from Sean Lawson when he comes down to brew his Sip of Sunshine there.

For the life of me, I have no idea who is buying all the Evil Twin beers they brew there. I think they have wayyyy too many offerings, and are much too expensive.

Fair enough on Two Roads. Road 2 Ruin has definitely gotten better (it's one of my favorite DIPAs now), but Honeyspot Road is still my favorite beer of theirs, and maybe my favorite overall.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fair enough on Two Roads. Road 2 Ruin has definitely gotten better (it's one of my favorite DIPAs now), but Honeyspot Road is still my favorite beer of theirs, and maybe my favorite overall.
Yeah, that's just a style thing for me; I'm not a fan of white IPAs, because I'm not much of a white beer fan generally. I like wheat beers very much, but only the German hefeweizen style that has more of a banana flavor profile. I don't like the Belgian white (or "wit") style that has more of a clove flavor. That's why I've never been crazy about Allagash, Blue Moon, etc.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's just a style thing for me; I'm not a fan of white IPAs, because I'm not much of a white beer fan generally. I like wheat beers very much, but only the German hefeweizen style that has more of a banana flavor profile. I don't like the Belgian white (or "wit") style that has more of a clove flavor. That's why I've never been crazy about Allagash, Blue Moon, etc.

Have you tried Honeyspot? I'm not normally a fan of white IPAs, either, but this one is tremendous. Much different than Blue Moon, Allagash, Dogfish Head Namaste, etc. As far as the hefeweizen/banana flavor style, Two Roads' No Limit fits that description to a T. Although I'm assuming you've tried that one.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Two Roads Pumpkin one is the best of breed I've tried, and it's not even remotely close. I'm also a fan of the honeyspot and R2R.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Sipping this Sculpin Grapefruit in a glass. Just not my cup o' brew. I will power through, tho.

Anyone want a Habanero...for...err...$3?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We first discovered it on tap at Westbrook Lobster in Clinton and then saw it again at the Sitting Duck in Stratford (interestingly, the bartender there recommended trying it over ice with vodka--haven't done that yet).

They sell it at Spirits of Madison (the place next to Stop & Shop) in six-packs of 11.2 oz. bottles. I'm on the lookout for the 4-pack of 16 oz. cans because the bottles disappear so quickly, and I imagine a can would get even colder, especially in a nice ice-filled cooler.

I picked up the UFO Big Squeeze for my wife a few weeks ago and she likes it well enough, but I like this much better.
They had cases of this in my local Whole Foods.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For something completely different that is refreshingly addictive in the summer heat (and only 2.5% ABV), look for this:

648b5a88c746d144e48034742bfcce32.jpg
Oh man...these are great. Found at Hammonasett Packy.

Also, 'gansett Del's Shandys are about to disappear for the season.

Reaction Score
Heading to Montreal for a college visit with my daughters to McGill. Purposely driving through Vermont to get (hopefully) heady topper and SOS. Wish me luck

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For something completely different that is refreshingly addictive in the summer heat (and only 2.5% ABV), look for this:

After finishing a glass...yeah...the vodka might work well. Tito's perhaps.

Reaction Score
Sorry if it has been posted, and it's not from CT, but I can't bother reading through 22 pages, and it's too good to not be included in this archive of great beer.

If you haven't had Not Your Father's Root Beer by Small Town Brewery in Wisconsin, you need to drop everything and go find it.

images

It tastes exactly like root beer, as if there's no alcohol in it, yet it is somehow 6%.

And yes, you can make amazing floats with it. I dropped a Klondike in to a glass of the stuff and was blown away.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Have you tried Honeyspot? I'm not normally a fan of white IPAs, either, but this one is tremendous. Much different than Blue Moon, Allagash, Dogfish Head Namaste, etc. As far as the hefeweizen/banana flavor style, Two Roads' No Limit fits that description to a T. Although I'm assuming you've tried that one.
Yes, I had the Honeyspot a few times right when it came out. I don't dislike it, I just don't think it's a great IPA or a taste that I seek out. Appearances to the contrary, perhaps, I don't drink that much beer these days, so when I do I like it to be something I really like--especially now that we have so much really great stuff available here.

I agree with you on the No Limits. I think it's one of the best American hefeweizens and I enjoy it in the summer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Heading to Montreal for a college visit with my daughters to McGill. Purposely driving through Vermont to get (hopefully) heady topper and SOS. Wish me luck
Good luck--especially with McGill. Probably the best value you can get for an education in North America if you are paying sticker price. Been trying to encourage my daughters about it but no takers so far--they want to head south, not north. You're smart to visit in the summer.

Actually, just penciled that trip in for next summer myself after reading this!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh man...these are great. Found at Hammonasett Packy.

Also, 'gansett Del's Shandys are about to disappear for the season.

Thanks for the heads up on the Del's. The missus likes those, too.
After finishing a glass...yeah...the vodka might work well. Tito's perhaps.

Yeah, I'm not much of a vodka drinker, but I'm gonna try that on vacation next week.

I was talking with another bartender about it and she said that she had been at another bar where the bartender mixed it with Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and it was incredible. Never heard of that stuff before, but it sounds interesting.

Reaction Score

Don't forget, they have Unibroue up there in Montreal, and it's a fantastic brewery.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thanks for the heads up on the Del's. The missus likes those, too.

I was talking with another bartender about it and she said that she had been at another bar where the bartender mixed it with Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka and it was incredible. Never heard of that stuff before, but it sounds interesting.

Del's is best shandy. N. Madison had a 12 pack at 5pm.

The Mooring (Guilford) has an iced tea drink which is great. Sweet tea vodka and sour mix.

Reaction Score

Check the alchemist website for delivery schedules. www.headyspotter.com is also another good resource. Just went to my buddies bachelor party in Montreal and stopped right outside Burlington @ Winooski Beverage. They typically have the best selection in the area and you just have to time it right for SOS/heady. If you have some time stop into Burlington and grab lunch at Farmhouse Tap and Grill and you can get some Hill Farmstead on draft and they also have cans of Focal Banger.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know it's irrational, but I am never going to buy anything called a "shandy".

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
sanchez42885 said:
Check the alchemist website for delivery schedules. www.headyspotter.com is also another good resource. Just went to my buddies bachelor party in Montreal and stopped right outside Burlington @ Winooski Beverage. They typically have the best selection in the area and you just have to time it right for SOS/heady. If you have some time stop into Burlington and grab lunch at Farmhouse Tap and Grill and you can get some Hill Farmstead on draft and they also have cans of Focal Banger.

Too funny, I was at winooski beverage AND the farmhouse this week. Just got back.

There is no topper left in VT. It's all in my fridge :)

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
FINALLY snagged some SoS. Will try one tonight, after an overnight cooling!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't pick up Hop-a-peel by Atwater brewing. Barely made my way through one can. Although, I drank a lil heaven next out of the same cup and the residue from the first beer mixed with thellilheaven tasted really good; aalmost SoS-like.

Reaction Score
ICYMI: For those Heady Topper fans, I highly recommend watching this two videos with the brewer/owner John Kimmich. He prefers Heady at 10 weeks and explains why in these videos. The longer video talks about the history of the brewery and a lot of cool brewing information. It's a fun watch.

I will say this, if you keep HT cold from when it leaves the brewery it holds up for a long time. In May 2015, we cracked a can from Oct 2014 and it held up amazingly well but it had been cold the entire time.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Okay...my fourth one was on ice with a shot of blanco tequila. The sweetness was tempered nicely. Next time I will try reposado.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom