Beer | Page 52 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yup. Same thing in Milford. Can't wait to try Lunch!

Lunch is very good, but don't expect it to be other worldly. It is a "regular" IPA, not Imperial/Double. It's also expensive and some people mark it down for that.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Lunch is very good, but don't expect it to be other worldly. It is a "regular" IPA, not Imperial/Double. It's also expensive and some people mark it down for that.

That's fine by me. Doesn't have to be a monster to be one of my favorites!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
August_West said:
Plus one on the hill farmstead they were pouring Susan at the Farmhouse last week. Very nice.
A buddy of mine took a ride up there last week and brought me back a growler of Susan and Everett too! Did you know the woman who does the tasting line is Shaun hill's mom?

Reaction Score
image.jpg I wasn't able to get the Heady Topper. Their truck broke down and threw off the deliveries for the day. That sucked. Had some good brews in Montreal as my family took us to multiple brew pubs. Had some luck today at the local package store finding SOS.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
the Newcomer was Kent Falls Brewing:
Juicemaker: waymaker aged on mangos. I’m an IPA guy and loved this
Field Beer – Saison – farmhouse ale
Wow these guys make a tremendous IPA. I have had their Gose and thought it was excellent, especially for an American brewer. Then I heard raves about their Awkward Hug IPA but I missed it when it was on tap locally because I was away. Last night I finally had a chance to try their Ale for ALS, a one-off IPA they are making to raise money for treatment of ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Get it while you can. As good as any CT IPA, NEBCO included, IMO. Really fantastic stuff (not to mention a good cause).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Tried Jack's Abby Hoponius Union last night for the first time, wasn't much of a fan. Was the second of their beers I've had (along with Oktoberfest last year). I guess I don't like that lager-style tatse, which is what they specialize in.

Reaction Score
New Wheaties Beer... Coming soon. No joke either. Just saw it on the news.
Beer of Champions! Mmmmm..

image.jpg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Season is getting close. Here's one that sounds insane and I would be reluctant to take a free sample of it, but hear it is.

The first beer for 2015 football season.

Dogfish Head. A brewery many of us know and have tried many of their beers.

Porter? Check.

Chocolate? Check. Nothing new there.

Lobster? Check.

Wait, what? Lobster? Apparently so.

And of course, basil tea leaves.

I give to you, Choc Lobster

The beer is almost thoroughly jet black, with a towering head that settles to a henna cap. The combination of the shellfish’s sea salt and chocolate morphs into a flinty, smoky, lemon tea aberration that, dangit all, smells awesome! That dose of basil tea shows most prominently on the nose with a minty, herbaceous scent. Chocolate is the driving flavor here, with an almost York Peppermint Patty aftertaste. Faint sea air and brine notes fill up the middle.

http://www.pnj.com/story/entertainm...hocolate-lobster-beer-yes-delicious/31930515/

B9318500030Z.1_20150818154207_000_GSPBLM8DQ.1-0.jpg

Reaction Score
I heard about lobster beer while in Maine last week. This sounds interesting.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When you're throwing lobsters in beer, you're trying way too hard.

We were up in Lake George this weekend and went to the Adirondack Brewery - they had us trying tangerine beer.

Stop being cute and just make beer-flavored beer.

Reaction Score
All these fancy craft beers and yet still nothing holds a candle to a nice pint of Guiness.

Agree with the sentiment that less is more. Any guy drinking fruit flavored beer drop your man card off at Fishy's cubicle and await your just desserts.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I'll try it, but dogfish is definitely trying waaaaaay too hard.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I actually still have a king'er of Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin beer I've been saving since last fall for this game... That most likely will be my second beer, after of course an ice cold Busch Light (my beer of choice- and no, I'm not a college student).

Reaction Score
Seafood tasting beer? I'll pass.
Did try something new this summer though. Saw "Chet's Summer IPA" by Broadbrook Brewing in East Windsor on the shelves at my local packie in late June. I was intrigued as Chet was my late dad's nickname. While it had a hint of grapefruit, it was a great thirst quencher after being in the Sun on a hot & muggy day (beach, pool, yard work, etc.) Pricey at $ 8.99 for a 4-pack of tall cans, but was happy after having sampled it.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I drank Natural Light at UConn, I drink Natural Light at UConn football games. Tastes like awesome.
My philosophy has been, if I'm planning on having more than 3 there's no point on spending $10 for a six-pack. And A-B products are always good!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When you're throwing lobsters in beer, you're trying way too hard.

We were up in Lake George this weekend and went to the Adirondack Brewery - they had us trying tangerine beer.

Stop being cute and just make beer-flavored beer.

You sound like the Budweiser Super Bowl commecial.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
All these fancy craft beers and yet still nothing holds a candle to a nice pint of Guiness.

Agree with the sentiment that less is more. Any guy drinking fruit flavored beer drop your man card off at Fishy's cubicle and await your just desserts.

I went through a microbrew phase the first time they were a thing. Couldn't wait to find the next more obscure thing.

Then they all tasted the same with a few being downright terrible. (I'm looking at you Sierra Nevada, you don't fool me)

Now my beers of preference fall into three categories, Guinness, cold cheap light beer, and when I'm feeling nostalgic for the old hockey locker room drinking days, Molson Canadian. Everything else is take it or leave it.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Dabbled around with some craft crews but ultimately I just like regular tasting beer.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
On a hot day, after working the yard, it's so cliche but I really like a cold Budweiser... especially that first sip (guzzle, whatever)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom