So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Don't pick up Hop-a-peel by Atwater brewing. Barely made my way through one can. Although, I drank a lil heaven next out of the same cup and the residue from the first beer mixed with thellilheaven tasted really good; aalmost SoS-like.

OK, so I may have to amend this. Was tailgating at the Mets game yesterday when I had Hop-a-peel and poured it into a styrofoam cup. Now I'm drinking one out of a glass and enjoying it much more. The hoppiness is much more present now; this tastes like a completely different beer. Solid.

Reaction Score
Check the alchemist website for delivery schedules. www.headyspotter.com is also another good resource. Just went to my buddies bachelor party in Montreal and stopped right outside Burlington @ Winooski Beverage. They typically have the best selection in the area and you just have to time it right for SOS/heady. If you have some time stop into Burlington and grab lunch at Farmhouse Tap and Grill and you can get some Hill Farmstead on draft and they also have cans of Focal Banger.
Rt 7 Liquor and Deli in Shelbourne just outside of Burlington should have Heady and SOS but of course need to time it right. Looks very unimpressive from the outside but it is beer heaven on the inside. I drove by it twice the first time I tried to find it. Coincidentally it is right near Fiddlehead which makes a great Double IPA of their own and some awesome pizza to boot. (Hopefully not as in boot and rally) Prohibition Pig in Waterbury has a great taplist and great BBQ. Farmhouse as you mentioned is awesome. Damn...I gotta plan my next Burlington trip...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Two Roads Pumpkin one is the best of breed I've tried, and it's not even remotely close. I'm also a fan of the honeyspot and R2R.
Roadsmary Baby mmmm. Really the only pumpkin beer I can do anymore.

Reaction Score
IN southern Maine right now.....just picked up some Rising Tide Spinnaker Hefeweizen and BAxter Brewing Summer Swelter. We shall see.... but everything tastes better when on vacation, right????

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
FINALLY snagged some SoS. Will try one tonight, after an overnight cooling!

Sorry, but not seeing the mega hype on this one. Don't get me wrong - it's good, but comparing this in any way to heady topper is borderline heresy!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
pepband99 said:
Sorry, but not seeing the mega hype on this one. Don't get me wrong - it's good, but comparing this in any way to heady topper is borderline heresy!

I agree. Everyone jumped on the SoS bandwagon early as a heady alternative but it is not as good and the craziness is dying down around sos a bit now. It's still very very good though

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I've never had Heady, so I can't comment there. I will say that SoS is phenomenal. I'm going up to Southern Vermont this weekend for a bachelor party and I'm hoping to get lucky with either (or both).

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Rico444 said:
I've never had Heady, so I can't comment there. I will say that SoS is phenomenal. I'm going up to Southern Vermont this weekend for a bachelor party and I'm hoping to get lucky with either (or both).

Lawsens is now contract brewing sip o sunshine from two roads so it's probably more available in ct now than Vermont. When you are up in Vermont try to get some hill farmstead. Usually Edward is available on tap around the state.

Drumguy

Reaction Score
Drumguy said:
Lawsens is now contract brewing sip o sunshine from two roads so it's probably more available in ct now than Vermont. When you are up in Vermont try to get some hill farmstead. Usually Edward is available on tap around the state.

Oh and heady is far superior.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I'll be on the lookout for Hill Farmstead, thanks. Any chance I find Heady down in the Southern part of the state? I think we're only 10-15 minutes north of the Mass border, so I'm not optimistic.

Reaction Score
I scored a beer exacta last week and bought a 4-pack each of SOS and Grey Sail Captain's Daughter. The SOS is good but the Captain's Daughter won the taste tests. They both have that citrus burst but the CA also has a nice pine nut note and a cleaner finish.

Reaction Score
Best is to start with and SoS and than go double with CD. That is my combo.

Drumguy

Reaction Score
I'll be on the lookout for Hill Farmstead, thanks. Any chance I find Heady down in the Southern part of the state? I think we're only 10-15 minutes north of the Mass border, so I'm not optimistic.
I think Alchemist does distribute around the state. Hard to get outside of VT but you might get lucky. I look for beer stores on Beer Advocate (in Places) then call around to them. I found some Dreadnaught and Zombie Dust in Indy that way.

Reaction Score
I think Alchemist does distribute around the state. Hard to get outside of VT but you might get lucky. I look for beer stores on Beer Advocate (in Places) then call around to them. I found some Dreadnaught and Zombie Dust in Indy that way.

It was mentioned above, but this is THE resource for finding HT. http://www.headyspotter.com/

Reaction Score
In my opinion Heady Topper is a very over rated beer. It is a very solid beer, but the exclusivity of getting it and the name make people over hype it. If you tried it in a blind taste test with out knowing what it was you would think it is a good IPA, but not worth a 100 on beer advocate.

Reaction Score
That video above is an eye opener for me. That a beer can go from hazy and gold in the first weeks to amber and clear after a couple months basically shows that WHEN you drink a beer makes a lot of difference.

Reaction Score
In my opinion Heady Topper is a very over rated beer. It is a very solid beer, but the exclusivity of getting it and the name make people over hype it. If you tried it in a blind taste test with out knowing what it was you would think it is a good IPA, but not worth a 100 on beer advocate.
I do think Heady Topper is a very good beer, but I won't trade or ask for it unless I know exactly how it's going to get to me in North Carolina. It's a fragile beer. I have a friend that goes up once a year, gets two cases puts in a cooler and drives it right back to North Carolina. If it's not handled correctly it drops off in quality fast.

Reaction Score
That video above is an eye opener for me. That a beer can go from hazy and gold in the first weeks to amber and clear after a couple months basically shows that WHEN you drink a beer makes a lot of difference.
Watch the second video when you have time. Really educational.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Rico444 said:

Plus one on the hill farmstead they were pouring Susan at the Farmhouse last week. Very nice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree. Everyone jumped on the SoS bandwagon early as a heady alternative but it is not as good and the craziness is dying down around sos a bit now. It's still very very good though

Count me in as well. It's a very good DIPA, but not up to the hype. Meanwhile, Foley Brothers is killing it. Fair Maiden is very very good and Pieces of Eight is amazing. I do hope to land Double Sunshine eventually, I suspect that one will match the hype.

Meanwhile, anyone driving through VT on I-89 should consider a stop at Worthy Burger. Amazing wood fired hamburgers with all local ingredients and a great tap list, including a couple of offerings from Hill Farmstead most of the time. Armsby Abby in Worcester will usually have several from Hill Farmstead.

Reaction Score
Just finishing a long bike ride at my favorite bar. Started w/ an Almanac Famers Reserve Pluot (talk about hops), second was a
heavy quad, Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien (dark, hoppy, bittersweet), followed up w/ De Proef Sour Barrel #2 (wow holy bitter acid attack!). Only a few miles from home

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Mmmmmm, Sip of Sunshine. Always nice when you randomly find it on tap at the bar.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom