Batouly Camara to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Batouly Camara to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another nice thing is that Geno, who has already accomplished more than any college coach in history and is not--unlike us Boneyarders--getting younger, has something really neat to look forward to after the Olympics. Whatever the possible frustrations and bumps in the road this coming year, Geno and the whole team have something awesome to look forward to in 17 and beyond. Nothing makes you feel young like the smell of success.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well Butler Stevens and Camara all bigs have transferred to UConn. This is sending alot of messages to kids out there thinking of playing for UConn whether they are with another team or in AAU ball. This also sends a message to WCBB that UConn is attracting great players. Now I didnt say all great players I said great players. How much better does it get then this if your a UConn fan. This is sending alot of different messages to alot of people out there. Just when you thought it was safe to schedule a game with UConn this happens. WOW this is going to be some team when Geno gets finished with them.

Reaction Score
Well Butler Stevens and Camara all bigs have transferred to UConn. This is sending alot of messages to kids out there thinking of playing for UConn whether they are with another team or in AAU ball. This also sends a message to WCBB that UConn is attracting great players. Now I didnt say all great players I said great players. How much better does it get then this if your a UConn fan. This is sending alot of different messages to alot of people out there. Just when you thought it was safe to schedule a game with UConn this happens. WOW this is going to be some team when Geno gets finished with them.
Well we did just lose arguably the greatest WCBB player of all time. The season after Stewie's graduation was always going to be a big step down. The team will take a nice step back up in 2017-18, but we will still be missing that one player that is far and away better than any other player anyone else has - basically the we have Diana and you don't factor.

Reaction Score
I too am excited about getting Batouly, but I wish I knew more about her other than she's 6'2" and was a top 100 recruit. Unlike AZ, we never played against her. I hope we're not creating unrealistic expectations for her.
Anyone interested in putting a resume together for Batouly?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well we did just lose arguably the greatest WCBB player of all time. The season after Stewie's graduation was always going to be a big step down. The team will take a nice step back up in 2017-18, but we will still be missing that one player that is far and away better than any other player anyone else has - basically the we have Diana and you don't factor.
Megan Walker come on down, or is it come on up to UCONN?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

How about we have a better team and you don't.

Reaction Score
Checking in on the Notre Dame and Tenn boards, and no one's happy about this: Batouly and AZ show that UConn can't compete in recruiting against Notre Dame (especially now pleased to keep their ace recruiter Neile Ivey) and that Boneyarders are a bunch of hypocrites in suddenly welcoming transfers while previously condemning the practice elsewhere. It's true that Notre Dame has had a great recruiting run the past couple of years, but hard to argue that it's being better than UConn is more than an aberration (and so far without an NC). As to being hypocrites, "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds". No little minds here!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
2017 roster
Sr - Nurse, Gabby, Butler, Ekmark
Jr - KLS, Collier, Stevens
So - CD, Camara, Irwin, Bent
Fr - AEH, Gordon

Wow, a core of Nurse/CD/KLS in the backcourt and
Collier/Gabby/Camara/Stevens in the front
Fleshing that out with Makayla and Megan is a nice thought. I'm thinking hockey-line 5-on-5 substitutions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Checking in on the Notre Dame and Tenn boards, and no one's happy about this: Batouly and AZ show that UConn can't compete in recruiting against Notre Dame (especially now pleased to keep their ace recruiter Neile Ivey) and that Boneyarders are a bunch of hypocrites in suddenly welcoming transfers while previously condemning the practice elsewhere. It's true that Notre Dame has had a great recruiting run the past couple of years, but hard to argue that it's being better than UConn is more than an aberration (and so far without an NC). As to being hypocrites, "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds". No little minds here!
Someone refresh my memory, did Diamond DeShields originally commit to TN coming out of HS?
How about Te'a Cooper, seems I remember something about her committing to UNC before TN?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Someone refresh my memory, did Diamond DeShields originally commit to TN coming out of HS?
How about Te'a Cooper, seems I remember something about her committing to UNC before TN?
No, but I think Kaela Davis may have committed to Tenn at one point.

Reaction Score
Someone refresh my memory, did Diamond DeShields originally commit to TN coming out of HS?How about Te'a Cooper, seems I remember something about her committing to UNC before TN?
Surely you're not suggesting that those who accuse others of being hypocrites are hypocrites themselves?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I too am excited about getting Batouly, but I wish I knew more about her other than she's 6'2" and was a top 100 recruit. Unlike AZ, we never played against her. I hope we're not creating unrealistic expectations for her.
The Boneyard create unrealistic expectations? Surely you jest!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Surely you're not suggesting that those who accuse others of being hypocrites are hypocrites themselves?
No I am not "suggesting" it at all!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sonny there was a whole thread of pro and con's as a fit for UCONN when she was first announced. I was Con (against) it and projected her as role player at both UCONN and Kentucky. There were others more pro ( for) like @UcMiami who projected her to be more than a role player and pointed out that she sparked better play for KY when she was inserted into the KY starting lineup towards the latter part of the season.
The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
Olson's review of her coming out of HS.
"Power-body insider finishes vs. contact, delivers at the charity stripe; physical and aggressive with consistent interior game; rebounder deluxe, produces on the block."

Reaction Score

Top 40 recruit actually

Reaction Score
We lost arguably the greatest trio in WCBB history.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
True, true. But ND hasn't had a new commitment since Ogunbowale committed on Oct. 24, 2014. I miss the rush that comes with a new commitment, that's all!
To me every recruit/transfer is a new commit. It just takes longer for some to realize were they should/deserve to be. The UConn.

Reaction Score

Sonny44- - -I've posted elsewhere that I've watched several KY games the 2nd 1/2 of last season and Batouly is the real deal! Has an athletic body, runs well for a BIG girl, has great touch around the basket, hustles every play, just a really good freshman player who's game is advanced for her age! And I heard she's an excellent student to boot!
She was recruited heavy by UCONN just over a year ago so she knows the coaching staff and players real well!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
To me every recruit/transfer is a new commit. It just takes longer for some to realize were they should/deserve to be. The UConn.
Where.

Reaction Score
I thought her mother had a connection to Pat Summit in some way.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Not to be the buzzkill, but I'm still not a fan of it. No one really knows how these transfers will turn out, and the coaching staff has less time than normal to work with them. Plus there's sitting out for a year which I'm not sold on being a positive thing. Also I think there is something special about being recruited to the team with other classmates and then going out with them like Stewie, Mo, and Tuck. That kind of chemistry doesn't just happen and to me is what makes this program go.

I think it's true what you say about not knowing how transfers work out but isn't that also true for recruits? And while there is something nice about coming into a class together, I also think the fact remains that the young women who are top recruits live in their own AAUW universe and probably know each other well.

Bottom line, if the coaching staff is comfortable with welcoming them to the team, I'm okay with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom