Batouly Camara to UConn | The Boneyard

Batouly Camara to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Totally agree - she deserves her own thread! Congrats to Geno and the team, and welcome to Batouly. Let's hope we all learn to spell her name correctly quickly - it's an uncommon one for sure!

FWIW I'm super excited about this addition for so many reasons. Great kid, great character, 3 years remaining so she'll likely be at UCONN for 4 years, but...

Adding her and Stevens addresses the lack of post recruits Geno has landed in the past 4 years. He's been so close on quite a few kids, but still, we missed out. But now with Butler, Stevens, and now Camara, we have size, skill, strength, and diversity of skill sets. Super excited to see her play and blossom at UCONN!

Reaction Score
When AZ signed on, we noted that during her sitting next year, Lou might benefit most from facing a taller, equally agile player in practice. I suspect that Batouly will help Kyla most, since that's a natural match-up. But Napheesa and especially Natalie will really profit from the body-banging as well. This is sort of undocumented value-added.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
When AZ signed on, we noted that during her sitting next year, Lou might benefit most from facing a taller, equally agile player in practice. I suspect that Batouly will help Kyla most, since that's a natural match-up. But Napheesa and especially Natalie will really profit from the body-banging as well.
Don't forget, though, that the team practices against male practice players. Since guys are generally bigger and stronger, it's pretty easy to get matchups that Geno wants to work on...

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Great get for UCONN. I posted when news first broke about her transfer that she's a real player and whichever school she decided to go to would benefit greatly. Good strong build, light on her feet up the court, quick around the basket and already has a well developed arsenal of post moves for a freshmen.

Something I've noticed.. With the additions of transfers Stevens and now Camara, it has been interesting to visit the Boneyard and see opinions shift on schools and coaches accepting transfers.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Totally agree - she deserves her own thread! Congrats to Geno and the team, and welcome to Batouly. Let's hope we all learn to spell her name correctly quickly - it's an uncommon one for sure!

FWIW I'm super excited about this addition for so many reasons. Great kid, great character, 3 years remaining so she'll likely be at UCONN for 4 years, but...

Adding her and Stevens addresses the lack of post recruits Geno has landed in the past 4 years. He's been so close on quite a few kids, but still, we missed out. But now with Butler, Stevens, and now Camara, we have size, skill, strength, and diversity of skill sets. Super excited to see her play and blossom at UCONN!
So we can safely put you down as being "excited"! ;)

Okay, I'm super excited too...this is an awesome pick-up. We are so spoiled and I'm lovin' it!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think the team Camaraderie just improved by leaps and bounds.
When AZ signed on, we noted that during her sitting next year, Lou might benefit most from facing a taller, equally agile player in practice. I suspect that Batouly will help Kyla most, since that's a natural match-up. But Napheesa and especially Natalie will really profit from the body-banging as well. This is sort of undocumented value-added.

You're right Milford, good observation. I never thought about THAT angle. Going against the likes of Camara and Stevens at practice everyday is an undocumented value that should pay huge dividends.
That dynamic has got to sharpen and toughen up the rest of the team. Summer has not officially begun yet, but I'm already liking it. One thing is for sure, we won't have anything to complain about the next 3 months.

I'm not one to look ahead, but I can see some folks here in the yard, unable to contain their joy and optimism by trying to steal my thunder (I'm the resident seer here in the yard), and do a little tea leave and crystal ball reading this summer on the fortunes of that 2017-2018 team. You know it's going to happen. I'll be interested in reading their takes. Damn! It's great to be a Husky fan. :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
Great get for UCONN. I posted when news first broke about her transfer that she's a real player and whichever school she decided to go to would benefit greatly. Good strong build, light on her feet up the court, quick around the basket and already has a well developed arsenal of post moves for a freshmen.

Something I've noticed.. With the additions of transfers Stevens and now Camara, it has been interesting to visit the Boneyard and see opinions shift on schools and coaches accepting transfers.

That's because we're no longer on the outside looking in!!! We're back on the inside. The view is appreciably different on this side of the window. :p

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Both of Batouly's announcements about leaving Kentucky and joining UConn were gracious and sincere. So often those communications are scripted form letters that check-off all the necessary points. Young lady appears to be a high-character individual. Nice.

Reaction Score
With the additions of transfers Stevens and now Camara, it has been interesting to visit the Boneyard and see opinions shift on schools and coaches accepting transfers.
Not to be the buzzkill, but I'm still not a fan of it. No one really knows how these transfers will turn out, and the coaching staff has less time than normal to work with them. Plus there's sitting out for a year which I'm not sold on being a positive thing. Also I think there is something special about being recruited to the team with other classmates and then going out with them like Stewie, Mo, and Tuck. That kind of chemistry doesn't just happen and to me is what makes this program go.

Reaction Score
2017 roster
Sr - Nurse, Gabby, Butler, Ekmark
Jr - KLS, Collier, Stevens
So - CD, Camara, Irwin, Bent
Fr - AEH, Gordon

Wow, a core of Nurse/CD/KLS in the backcourt and
Collier/Gabby/Camara/Stevens in the front

JS

Reaction Score
Our opinion hasn't shifted at all.

When other coaches do it, they're vultures.

When Geno does it, he's welcoming refugees.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Should we give her a nickname Bat or Batwoman ?

Ahaaa,........no. I'm sure as nick-names go, in time, she'll earn one that's given to her by her teammates. Let's roll with whatever they come up with, like they did with "Stewie". :D

Carnac

Reaction Score
Our opinion hasn't shifted at all.

When other coaches do it, they're vultures.

When Geno does it, he's welcoming refugees.

Touche'!! Well done JS. :p See...It all depends on one's perspective.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Should we give her a nickname Bat or Batwoman ?
Hope it's not Poloroid. Kodak I could live with. I kinda sorta like BatCam.

How about Batouly's a Jewelly.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Y'all reckon that twenty may be plenty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics