Any live updates from the Spring game? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Any live updates from the Spring game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would lighten it up, but Diaco set the tone,

That may have been the only part of the press conference where he sounded full of it–even when he talked about the offense.
“The offense needs to dominate the line of scrimmage,” he said. “Mash the opponent back. We need to overwhelm the opponent at the point of attack. Do all of the things that I hated.”
“We need tempo changes, move-the-pocket passing, every screen imaginable. We need to chuck it down the field a bunch.”
“A bunch,” he added, just to make it clear.
“It’s exciting. I can’t wait to get with these guys,” Diaco said. “I think they’ve already shown their grit.”

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2130.JPG

Reaction Score
I would lighten it up, but Diaco set the tone,

That may have been the only part of the press conference where he sounded full of it–even when he talked about the offense.
“The offense needs to dominate the line of scrimmage,” he said. “Mash the opponent back. We need to overwhelm the opponent at the point of attack. Do all of the things that I hated.”
“We need tempo changes, move-the-pocket passing, every screen imaginable. We need to chuck it down the field a bunch.”
“A bunch,” he added, just to make it clear.
“It’s exciting. I can’t wait to get with these guys,” Diaco said. “I think they’ve already shown their grit.”

FIRE DIACO!!!!!!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2172.JPG

Reuben Frank was getting down during Diaco's song choice in the 2nd half...

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart was there and was very nice about taking photos with people. Great day to bring the kids. It was really cool to go hang out on the field after the game.

Attachments

• WP_20140412_014.jpg
    WP_20140412_014.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 69

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
All the press reports say the strength and conditioning Is ahead of what it was. What did u see?

Maybe strength and conditioning isn't the right way to put it. It's a small team. BYU is going to be a tough matchup.

Reaction Score
Here is a photo of the crowd on the sunny side taken from the shady side. I was surprised to see most of the blue lot full when I got there at 2:30.

Attachments

• WP_20140412_009.jpg
    WP_20140412_009.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 81

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2191.JPG

#71 Richard Levy... guy on the left was awfully nice and said he played under Edsall... didn't get his name unfortunately.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not that I bothered a lot of them, but watching the interactions during the autograph session the players do really seem like good people.

I do hope Cochran's hair is supposed to be ironic though...

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2196.JPG

#53 Andreas Knappe... BIG dude! I think he's going to do great on OL.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2206.JPG

#36 Matt Walsh and #98 Blake Feagles

Reaction Score
Some observations from UConn's Blue-White Game (Jim Fuller):
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/04/some-observations-from-uconns-blue.html

UConn football looks to take their own steps (Tim Gaffney):
http://litchfieldcountysports.com/stories/uconn-football-looks-to-take-their-own-steps/#.U0nkSfldXUh

>>It’s not so much what happened on the field on Saturday during the annual UConn Spring football game, it’s more about what’s going on for a program that is truly trying to reinvent itself.<<

UConn ends the spring (John Silver):
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/uconn-ends-the-spring/

Last edited:
Reaction Score
How often do you get a chance to do this? My daughter is fan for life (not that she really had a choice in the matter).

Attachments

• WP_20140412_022.jpg
    WP_20140412_022.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 109

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Who's ever the marketing director should be fired. Never got the crowd fired up. Half time there was nothing, I told my friends that what they should've of done at half-time was to have the two NCAA trophies out and have the two basketball teams come on the field with Warde and talk about Husky pride, they are really missing the boat on this one. The growling dogs sound mix has to go(it was bad) the howling OK.

The defense looks great, the offence looks like it needs a lot of work, it had some Pasqualoni flash backs to it.

In the end I was not impressed with the so called Diaco Dynamic Offence or the UConn football marketing.
Let him build the house before you judge it based on the foundation.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
For anyone that was there as well, thoughts on the 'dogs barking and howling' while playing the usual 3rd down music? I think it will go over well with a full and rocking stadium.
I thought it sounded like the lead singer of Pantera having a coughing fit. It's too garbled. There needs to be more separation between the bark and the song.

Reaction Score
Some observations from UConn's Blue-White Game (Jim Fuller):
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/04/some-observations-from-uconns-blue.html

UConn football looks to take their own steps (Tim Gaffney):
http://litchfieldcountysports.com/stories/uconn-football-looks-to-take-their-own-steps/#.U0nkSfldXUh

>>It’s not so much what happened on the field on Saturday during the annual UConn Spring football game, it’s more about what’s going on for a program that is truly trying to reinvent itself.<<

UConn ends the spring (John Silver):
http://snyuconn.com/uconn/football/uconn-ends-the-spring/

UConn Emphasizes Defense In Blue-White Spring Game (Des):
http://touch.courant.com/#story/hc-uconn-football-blue-white-0413-20140412/

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Great day. I'd estimate somewhere between 7-8K in attendance.

There were a couple of tables set up by the scoreboard area for season ticket info and Yankee Stadium ticket info. The guys were incredibly nice.

The players were, as usual, very warm and friendly. My brother and I took my niece to the game and she got about 20 autographs. Loved the new touch of sending out the players with their own pens! I told a few players "good luck this season" and all of them said thanks and thanked us all within ear shot for coming and supporting the team. Couldn't have been nicer. David Stephenson was extra nice. He saw my niece wearing a #3 jersey and made it a point to come over to her to tell her that she liked her jersey number! That got a smile out of her and he was very gracious and posed for picture with her. Really nice guy.

As for on-field standouts, I really liked Boyle's touch. He didn't have as many reps as Cochran and Whitmer, but just seemed to throw a better ball. Josh Marriner is going to get some carries this year. He ran HARD when he got the ball and carrying the entire defense into the end zone was impressive. Graham Stewart looked like he played with a lot of energy (was also very nice in the autograph line). I, too, am a bit concerned with what I saw out of the kicking game but hoping that can be corrected.

Phil Nolan and his crew tailgated a few cars over from us and couldn't have been nicer. He took 1000 pictures and signed 1000 autographs. Really nice guy.

Great day to be a Husky!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For anyone that was there as well, thoughts on the 'dogs barking and howling' while playing the usual 3rd down music? I think it will go over well with a full and rocking stadium.

awful awful awful awful awful.. never play that again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99