Any live updates from the Spring game? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Any live updates from the Spring game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For anyone who was there... do you think that the o-lines were arranged by depth chart or mixed up? From what I could tell ... Knappe got a lot of snaps at RT with what appeared to be the first team.

Definitely noticed Knappe out there, but couldn't follow the groupings well to put a depth chart together.

PS the wait X amount of time to make another post is annoying!

Reaction Score
For anyone that was there as well, thoughts on the 'dogs barking and howling' while playing the usual 3rd down music? I think it will go over well with a full and rocking stadium.

Reaction Score
For anyone that was there as well, thoughts on the 'dogs barking and howling' while playing the usual 3rd down music? I think it will go over well with a full and rocking stadium.

I heard that as well ... somebody tried to create a sound clip for third town that has growling dogs, barking dogs, and howling dogs with the intro to crazy train. Decent attempt ... but way too much going on for a sound byte. I like the concept ... but they really got to clean it up.

Reaction Score
Also, for the life of me I can't figure out how the basketball teams were not honored. Yes, there's a parade tomorrow, but geeze, do something.

Nolan was at the tailgate next to ours. Felt bad for the kid a bit, he must've had to take over 200 pictures, but was happy to do each and every one! Good kid!

Reaction Score
Is that what it was? Sounded terrible over the PA.I liked the howling.Everything before it was
I heard that as well ... somebody tried to create a sound clip for third town that has growling dogs, barking dogs, and howling dogs with the intro to crazy train. Decent attempt ... but way too much going on for a sound byte. I like the concept ... but they really got to clean it up.
Amen to that.The only thing I could make out was the howling,which I liked a lot.

Reaction Score
They have a lot of work to do. Lots of penalties and still no long passing game. Offensive line needs to be more physical and explode of the snap. #24 Noel Thomas looked to have game changing speed. I hope they get him involved. Also, I hope Coach Diaco sees what I have seen for awhile and makes Max the primary back with McCombs more of a third down back.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Defense looked better than the offense, but the O did pull off a few nice drives. O Line played better than last year, the big young tight ends could be monsters when they get better hands, and the WR group is the best they have ever had. Was hard to differentiate the QBs but I have a very untrained eye. Whitmer put up better numbers than Cochran but wasn't great, Boyle had some pretty throws but not a lot of opportunities. Boyle may be best off redshirting. Better conditioning and attitudes should bring this team to 5-6 wins, which is an improvement I'd gladly take in year one of the Diaco era. Best weather of the year today!

Reaction Score
Is that what it was? Sounded terrible over the PA.I liked the howling.Everything before it was

Amen to that.The only thing I could make out was the howling,which I liked a lot.

I have to say the Ozzy sound with the "dogs" mix sounded to me somewhere between a car wreck, dogs being strangled and someone just sitting in a microphone. This was by far the worst sound I've ever heard played at any stadium, in any sport. It was painful. And they did it over, and over and over. DJ Joey is 1000 times less annoying.

Reaction Score
I have to say the Ozzy sound with the "dogs" mix sounded to me somewhere between a car wreck, dogs being strangled and someone just sitting in a microphone. This was by far the worst sound I've ever heard played at any stadium, in any sport. It was painful. And they did it over, and over and over. DJ Joey is 1000 times less annoying.
I agree; it sounded like a demon got stuck in the PA system...

Reaction Score
Who's ever the marketing director should be fired. Never got the crowd fired up. Half time there was nothing, I told my friends that what they should've of done at half-time was to have the two NCAA trophies out and have the two basketball teams come on the field with Warde and talk about Husky pride, they are really missing the boat on this one. The growling dogs sound mix has to go(it was bad) the howling OK.

The defense looks great, the offence looks like it needs a lot of work, it had some Pasqualoni flash backs to it.

In the end I was not impressed with the so called Diaco Dynamic Offence or the UConn football marketing.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I liked what the first team offensive line did in pass protection for the most part of the day. The run blocking was spotty but got a better push in the second half.
The defensive line looked good and got some pressure during the game which was nice to see.

Those who stood out to me today:
Thompson at tight end looked good catching the ball and was good blocking from what I noticed.
Whitmer was the top quarterback today and looked really good making all of his throws except two that were wide. He also moved well in the pocket when he needed to move. Something missing the past two years.
Levi looked good in pass protection except once when he got beat pretty good and would have been a sack. He has quick feet and a wide base which will help him this year.
Thomas Lucas is a big wide out who will get time this year. He made a wonderful catch across the middle on a nice pass from Whitmer. In the mold of Phillips and Jones, though not nearly as thick.
All three of the backs had their moments in the second half of the game.
Defensive side of the ball I saw a few guys stand out.
Stewart can hit and had maybe the hardest of the the day where he decleated the tight end "Thompson".
McBride and Adeyemi both had good days of stuffing the run and get after the quarterback.
I was impressed with the entire defensive line and think they are the strength of the defense.
Frank got a few nice pushes 0n the pass rush was nice to see as well.
I agree that Lee needs to get some time as he is too talented to sit this season. Also he has the biggest arms on a safety I have seen at UCONN ever.

Wain at punting looked good but having someone rush you is different than a scrimmage.

I talked to a few players afterwords and the attitude is a 100% different than last year. One player told me it is like night and day how this spring went compared to last year. He said the confidence is up and everyone is on the same page. That is something that was not presence last year. The players shape is leaner than last year as well. They just look like there in better shape and it showed today.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Have a few pics that I'll start posting up...

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Who's ever the marketing director should be fired. Never got the crowd fired up. Half time there was nothing, I told my friends that what they should've of done at half-time was to have the two NCAA trophies out and have the two basketball teams come on the field with Warde and talk about Husky pride, they are really missing the boat on this one. The growling dogs sound mix has to go(it was bad) the howling OK.

The defense looks great, the offence looks like it needs a lot of work, it had some Pasqualoni flash backs to it.

In the end I was not impressed with the so called Diaco Dynamic Offence or the UConn football marketing.

Yikes. Lighten up Francis. Who ever said Diaco had a dynamic offense? He's a defensive guy.

It's a spring game. Geez.

Reaction Score
Beautiful day. Good crowd, but definitely should have intertwined the Dual Championships and gotten more fannies there.
Yes, that Crazy Train with the screeching wolves has to go!

Thought Stewart played with a purpose. Marriner's run was the highlight of the game.
Noel Thomas should see the field a lot, as should Tommy Myers.
I keyed on Knappe (can't miss him) for a few plays and he was solid.

Players were very gracious after the game. I'm sure the staff kept things close to the vest with the play calling.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
IMG_2040.JPG

Reaction Score
Night and day to last year. 7k with people coming and going is a fair number.

From the on field session.. the strength and conditioning guys have some work to do.
All the press reports say the strength and conditioning Is ahead of what it was. What did u see?

Reaction Score

Always floors me what people expect to see during the spring game. They are pretty much running their base concepts. You just don't want there to be glaring holes (OL last few years) and no injuries (J. Williams came out to the autograph session with a big limp).

About the marketing: it's about getting people in the building that normally wouldn't come. You want halftime entertainment and a fired up crowd? Holy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom