Another Deepster Yard Goats Update | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Another Deepster Yard Goats Update

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Solomon was on 1080 last night and I couldn't help but think that everyone involved in this fiasco should burn.

He kept saying that he's "committed to Hartford" when asked the question about where else he would have his team play next year if this doesn't get fixed.
Lies!!!

I'm sure he was "committed" to New Britain too when he bought the team and we now see what those words meant.
Screw the owners, Segarra, Centerplan and anyone else that supported this BS.

If Hartford can't manage this, do you really think they, or the state, could handle a new Civic Center?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll go see a game there once it's done. Yeah they totally "hartforded" the project, but I still hopeful it can help revitalize the city and spur development in DoNo.

Reaction Score
I live downtown and can walk to the stadium. I love baseball, played it right up through college and Twilight league. I was really looking forward to seeing a game every week, so friggin disappointed in Centerplan and the City of Hartford. Also, I've lived downtown for 13 years and I've never been shot. What's up with that?:rolleyes:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I live downtown and can walk to the stadium. I love baseball, played it right up through college and Twilight league. I was really looking forward to seeing a game every week, so friggin disappointed in Centerplan and the City of Hartford. Also, I've lived downtown for 13 years and I've never been shot. What's up with that?:rolleyes:

Can I map out a walking path for you?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Can I map out a walking path for you?
And can I take out a life insurance policy on you and name myself the beneficiary?

Reaction Score
And can I take out a life insurance policy on you and name myself the beneficiary?
I swear I've had days when I thought I'd go all Death Wish and pack some heat and walk up to Barbour Street at 3:00AM on a Saturday night just to see what would happen. And then, nah.

Reaction Score
Anyone who had any sliver of hope of the Whalers returning can forget about it now, I'd assume. Pretty embarrassing. Hartford needs to get this done even if it's the most expensive PR move in history.

Had a chance encounter with a former whalers exec while in Raleigh on business. Over a few martinis they shared that a return to Hartford is never going to happen. Ever.

Exit - I mean an NHL return to Hartford

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'll go see a game there once it's done. Yeah they totally "hartforded" the project, but I still hopeful it can help revitalize the city and spur development in DoNo.

No one is going to go to a place called DoNo. It's just not going to happen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No one is going to go to a place called DoNo. It's just not going to happen.
Maybe if they advertise:

th

Reaction Score
DoNo Downtown North

Doesn't look too bad.
That's a rendering of what they want it to look like. What is actually there? The two main pieces were the baseball stadium and Hooker brewery. They have an incomplete stadium which went way over budget, with no baseball games on the horizon and no brewery.

Reaction Score
That's a rendering of what they want it to look like. What is actually there? The two main pieces were the baseball stadium and Hooker brewery. They have an incomplete stadium which went way over budget, with no baseball games on the horizon and no brewery.
What happened to the important part, the brewery? Was it shot, or just killed?

Reaction Score
I swear I've had days when I thought I'd go all Death Wish and pack some heat and walk up to Barbour Street at 3:00AM on a Saturday night just to see what would happen. And then, nah.

When I was at UConn, i did some volunteer work up int he North End right off of Blue Hills Ave. Once, one of the program counselors and I had to drive around one of the projects around 11 PM looking for a kid we were supposed to be helping. Totally different world...

Reaction Score
Do any of you realize that every big city in the country has awful areas? Many that are abutting nicer areas. Morons

Reaction Score
Report Puts Cost Of Dunkin' Donuts Park At $71.7 Million

While city officials pegged contruction of Dunkin' Donuts Park at $63 million, the cost of design work, land acquisition and other expenses have pushed the project's overall price tag to $71.7 million, according to a report prepared by city auditors.

Auditors reviewed all costs associated with the stadium, as well as the larger Downtown North development around it, at the request of "some concerned Connecticut citizens," their report states. They estimated the city's total investment in Downtown North to be $102.5 million.

For that price we should be able to get a AAA team in here. Was that ever considered? I know the Mets aren't happy with the distance between NY and their AAA team(Las Vegas).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom