Another Deepster Yard Goats Update | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Another Deepster Yard Goats Update

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If that's the case, the team owner has already stated they'd look for another home.

When do they break ground on the Hard Rock?

Its better if its never. The Hard Rock in hartford would have been one of the biggest laughable failures of all time. It wouldve closed in 6 months.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Is it poor taste if I wear my satin Planet Hollywood jacket in there?
Members Only jacket
Ok, so we all had different jackets. Can we at least agree on Guess jeans? I bought a pair at the Eastbrook Mall that had red leather accents across the top of the rear and the small front hip pocket. They were my Thumper's Nickel Night specials and would be perfect for this.

Reaction Score
What does this debacle do for the timeline of an arena replacement? I'm figuring it'll take at least a decade for the stank of this stadium project to finally wash away.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For some reason the "multiple instances of doors being much smaller than required to match openings" is the one that jumped out at me as tough to pin on anyone but the developer.

This one ain't that hard to get right either. It's really not.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
also should have mentioned - hot mayor was there that night. We didn't hook up, the time wasn't right.
25979977_BG2.jpg

"Soon John, soon."​

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So how does this work? Who is on the hook for the cost of getting this done. Arch? Hartford?

Reaction Score
So how does this work? Who is on the hook for the cost of getting this done. Arch? Hartford?

I believe Arch is, but Hartford and/or Eastern League may have agreed to pitch in just to get it done faster. But Arch insured the project, so I believe they are responsible, and the fact that Centerplan isn't back on it indicates to me that they seemingly have been at fault.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Its better if its never. The Hard Rock in hartford would have been one of the biggest laughable failures of all time. It wouldve closed in 6 months.
At least they would had live music after 11pm.

Reaction Score
That's not a worker problem. It's a construction manager problem. Worker shows up and is told, "Here is what you are doing today."

A crew that has been together a long time will pick up on snafus like those mentioned, but this isn't a union problem. This is a connected guy getting in over his head because there was money to be had problem.

The buck stops with Centerplan. No one else. Ball parks are pretty easy to build comparatively speaking. It's not like there was a dome. Access was pretty easy, and he had plenty of room.

It sounds like he hired cheap contractor's and cut corners.
"It's a construction manager problem."
This is mostly true. The original construction manager was a seasoned professional but they fired him because they thought they could do it themselves. The schedule was never realistic and they never had enough subs on the job. The original construction manager couldn't get approval to hire more subs. I was told by someone in the business before they broke ground that they would never get the stadium built for this season. Centerplan was always the problem. Same person told me that if the hotel was built it would have been a disaster many times greater than the ballpark. Ballparks are simple compared to a hotel.
Centerplan may have had good intentions and the City has some blame but the truth is Centerplan was over its head from the beginning.

Reaction Score
So....it's October 3rd and no one is working on this stadium right now, right? When's opening day? First couple weeks of April? 6 months from now?

Reaction Score
From today's Courant. The safest cities in CT.

The 20 Safest Cities in Connecticut — 2016 - SafeWise

Hartford checks in at #91.....of 91 listed.

In CT, I can see that though Waterbury, New Haven and Bridgeport cannot be far behind. Outside of CT, I'll take Hartford at 2 AM in the north end any day of the week over places like Lawrence MA, Trenton/Paterson/Camden NJ, North Philly, most of Baltimore, a good chunk of Detroit, the south side of Chicago, nearly all of New Orleans, etc.

Reaction Score
LOL at you still defending that Hartford is safe.
That's your takeway from my post? Where have I ever defended Hartford as safe? It has it's issues like all cities do.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom