Aneesah Morrow list | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Similar to Nan's and other's comments, saw several games this past year where Morrow was benched for not playing team ball. Also saw her dominated by Edwards and other taller and physically strong bigs. Not sure what her motive for transferring is but wonder after ignoring Bruno much of the season why she would want to play for a more forceful coach and/or go to a league where there are more strong defenders that would reduce her stats. Does she want to win more? Maybe, but likely would have won more at DuPaul if she has followed Bruno's coaching. Team wasn't that good but neither were most of the teams in the league. We will see - should
Similar to Nan's and other's comments, saw several games this past year where Morrow was benched for not playing team ball. Also saw her dominated by Edwards and other taller and physically strong bigs. Not sure what her motive for transferring is but wonder after ignoring Bruno much of the season why she would want to play for a more forceful coach and/or go to a league where there are more strong defenders that would reduce her stats. Does she want to win more? Maybe, but likely would have won more at DuPaul if she has followed Bruno's coaching. Team wasn't that good but neither were most of the teams in the league. We will see - should be interesting.
If she goes to lsu she will be a 6'1 post in the sec. If you look at the games of her against uconn she was getting manhandled in the post. If she comes to gamecocks she will replace brea beal at small foward. If she wants to develop for the pros or nil/brand? That's the choice she has to make.

Reaction Score
Similar to Nan's and other's comments, saw several games this past year where Morrow was benched for not playing team ball. Also saw her dominated by Edwards and other taller and physically strong bigs. Not sure what her motive for transferring is but wonder after ignoring Bruno much of the season why she would want to play for a more forceful coach and/or go to a league where there are more strong defenders that would reduce her stats. Does she want to win more? Maybe, but likely would have won more at DuPaul if she has followed Bruno's coaching. Team wasn't that good but neither were most of the teams in the league. We will see - should be interesting.
If we were insiders we would probably know much more about the dynamics between Morrow and Bruno. Some have said she was on a bad team and she had to take all those shots. I disagree completely with that. It is very hard to find a team that is helped by a player jacking up 25% three point shots. Given how easy some of her put backs, are I'm sure there could be legitimate criticism of some of her two point attempts as well, where her percentage is mediocre.

For sure Morrow could be significantly above average in volume and efficiency if she was more selective, and by doing so in fact be a better player and asset to her team, whether that team is a national contender or an average team, but the point is even more relevant for a very good team.

What I don't know is how much this strategy was by design (bad coaching ?) or a player not following the game-plan (character issue ?). Morrow has the ability to be a major addition to many top teams if she sticks with what she does best, but there are some red flags out there that many of us who don't really know her, or what went on at Depaul can only read between the lines. Time will tell.

sun

Reaction Score
To give some perspective to Morrow's 3 PT%, she played in 33 games averaging over 35 minutes/game.
On 3 pointers, she went 53 of 209 to give her the 3 PT% of .254.
If she had made 16 more 3 PT shots, or 1 extra 3 PT shot every other game, that would have given her a 3 PT% of .330 .
That would have been about equal to Caroline Ducharme's 3 PT% of .338 (25--74).

For UConn, Dorka had the lowest 3PT% of .289 by going 29 for 83.
And Aubrey had the next lowest 3PT% of .291 by going 16 for 55.

To give Morrow's shooting ability further perspective, she scored as many as 45 points & 42 points in single games during 2022-23.
And she also had 2 games where she made 6 -10 & 6 -13 of her 3PT shots.
She can run hot & cold with 3 pointers, but she does seem to be a decent mid-range shooter which helped her to have such a high scoring average of 25.7 ppg.
I think that she gets over-worked by playing too many minutes for the amount of rebounding that she does.

Last edited:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
She's gonna be the last of the espn 35 to announce. From an outsider' view, if she wants a superteam, go to LSU. If coaching and prep for pros, go SC. If she wants to create her own path, go west to USC, but then again, I was wrong about LVL and Betts, so there's that. :D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She's gonna be the last of the espn 35 to announce. From an outsider' view, if she wants a superteam, go to LSU. If coaching and prep for pros, go SC. If she wants to create her own path, go west to USC, but then again, I was wrong about LVL and Betts, so there's that. :D
What about her interest in style + fashion? Kim could use some fashion advice.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It shouldn’t be much longer. She should announce her commitment any day now. Then we can chew on that for a while.

Reaction Score
It shouldn’t be much longer. She should announce her commitment any day now. Then we can chew on that for a while.

Her visit to South Carolina doesn’t start until tomorrow I believe, so I wouldn’t expect a decision until Monday at the earliest.

I’m expecting to see an announcement detailing her commitment date prior to that, though.

Reaction Score
:p of course it shouldn't be much longer unless she or any other portal entry plans to sit out the season lol . May 11 is a week from today the cut off period to play without penalty .

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
1683249776062.jpeg

Reaction Score
Her visit to South Carolina doesn’t start until tomorrow I believe, so I wouldn’t expect a decision until Monday at the earliest.

I’m expecting to see an announcement detailing her commitment date prior to that, though.
I heard she canceled is committed to lsu

Reaction Score
I hope she goes to LSU. As the preseason #1 and Mulkey in the spotlight, get the popcorn ready! It will be a circus and entertaining to watch. Good for UConn as well as it takes some pressure off them.

Reaction Score
I heard some rumors she was leaning LSU but I struggle to see any recruit cancel their visit to SC on such short notice and not give her a listen to Dawn after just announcing her top 3. At the minimum I was expecting her to show all 3 schools a visit out of courtesy and she has been wanting the attention the entire time. Although LSU got Reese to cancel her visit to TN/SC last year so who knows. Morrow seems to be playing the game of wanting the attention and spot light so all bets are off

Interestingly the premium boards have reported some interesting stuff. LSU insider said they heard she may cancel and the SC insider couldn't get confirmation she was still on for this weekend. I guess we will know by tomorrow

Reaction Score

She recently followed Wildlife Safari based in Myrtle Beach. This could mean absolutely nothing or that she’s currently in South Carolina, I assumed the latter.

Reaction Score
I heard some rumors she was leaning LSU but I struggle to see any recruit cancel their visit to SC on such short notice and not give her a listen to Dawn after just announcing her top 3. At the minimum I was expecting her to show all 3 schools a visit out of courtesy and she has been wanting the attention the entire time. Although LSU got Reese to cancel her visit to TN/SC last year so who knows. Morrow seems to be playing the game of wanting the attention and spot light so all bets are off

Interestingly the premium boards have reported some interesting stuff. LSU insider said they heard she may cancel and the SC insider couldn't get confirmation she was still on for this weekend. I guess we will know by tomorrow
Sc players are not on campus right now per social media post.

Reaction Score
Sc players are not on campus right now per social media post.
SC could still host but yeah it would be odd to host a top recruit without the bulk of your team on campus.

I believe during her LSU visit a decent portion of the team was not there but Flaujae and Reese were her hosts. I would bet SC has some players still around on campus if she did come...

I'm assuming she is visiting and will make a final decision pretty soon. Morrow seems to like to mislead public viewers and build up hype

Reaction Score
SC could still host but yeah it would be odd to host a top recruit without the bulk of your team on campus.

I believe during her LSU visit a decent portion of the team was not there but Flaujae and Reese were her hosts. I would bet SC has some players still around on campus if she did come...

I'm assuming she is visiting and will make a final decision pretty soon. Morrow seems to like to mislead public viewers and build up hype
Imo shes a '$ilent commit' to lsu and if she actually does visit sc it's for courtesy to coach staley and not to have a 'media uproar' for canceling her vist but just my little opinion....

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If we were insiders we would probably know much more about the dynamics between Morrow and Bruno. Some have said she was on a bad team and she had to take all those shots. I disagree completely with that. It is very hard to find a team that is helped by a player jacking up 25% three point shots. Given how easy some of her put backs, are I'm sure there could be legitimate criticism of some of her two point attempts as well, where her percentage is mediocre.

For sure Morrow could be significantly above average in volume and efficiency if she was more selective, and by doing so in fact be a better player and asset to her team, whether that team is a national contender or an average team, but the point is even more relevant for a very good team.

What I don't know is how much this strategy was by design (bad coaching ?) or a player not following the game-plan (character issue ?). Morrow has the ability to be a major addition to many top teams if she sticks with what she does best, but there are some red flags out there that many of us who don't really know her, or what went on at Depaul can only read between the lines. Time will tell.

I'd imagine the 25 shots per game was by design rather than Morrow going rogue. I can't imagine Bruno would just let it slide all season, or that he'd continue to play her 35-40 minutes every big game. DePaul was poorly constructed last year, as they were effectively a 2 woman team offensively.

Morrow as a freshman shot the ball less, played on a more balanced roster and was far more efficient (51.9% from the field vs. 42.5%). If she ends up in Baton Rouge or Columbia, she's going to be taking far fewer shots but her efficiency will likely improve.

Reaction Score
She's taking her time to evaluate her options. Much prefer this than kids who rush into a commitment and regret it later.
She already regretted DePaul, no? She's been down to 3 schools...a couple of calls to some coaches would answer a lot of questions. Maybe she's jockeying to retain her jersey number?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
She already regretted DePaul, no? She's been down to 3 schools...a couple of calls to some coaches would answer a lot of questions. Maybe she's jockeying to retain her jersey number?
Or maybe she's just taking her time because:
1. She's earned it. All prospective schools are holding spots for her
2. She actually wants to see where she's going to live/play the next 2 years
3. She wants to meet and interact with coaches/teammates in person

You know, the normal process all high school recruits take before they commit to schools. Coming out of high school, most kids are recruited for years before they make a commitment. Aneesah has had 1 month. No need to be patronizing or make subtle digs at her for no reason.

Reaction Score
Or maybe she's just taking her time because:
1. She's earned it. All prospective schools are holding spots for her
2. She actually wants to see where she's going to live/play the next 2 years
3. She wants to meet and interact with coaches/teammates in person

You know, the normal process all high school recruits take before they commit to schools. Coming out of high school, most kids are recruited for years before they make a commitment. Aneesah has had 1 month. No need to be patronizing or make subtle digs at her for no reason.
Dude. I was messing with you. My digs are not subtle. Relax.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'd imagine the 25 shots per game was by design rather than Morrow going rogue. I can't imagine Bruno would just let it slide all season, or that he'd continue to play her 35-40 minutes every big game. DePaul was poorly constructed last year, as they were effectively a 2 woman team offensively.

Morrow as a freshman shot the ball less, played on a more balanced roster and was far more efficient (51.9% from the field vs. 42.5%). If she ends up in Baton Rouge or Columbia, she's going to be taking far fewer shots but her efficiency will likely improve.
DePaul had a lot of injuries. Only three players played all 33 games so Doug Bruno had no choice but to play Morrow, Rogers, and Holmes for significant minutes

With all due respect, and I appreciate that you’re giving her the benefit of the doubt but we’ve seen her against the Huskies 4 times now. Doug benched her here and there, most recently in the game I mentioned earlier where she chucked up threes. When we’ve seen her, she tried to play hero ball. It didn’t work

Reaction Score
When can we expect Morrow to narrow her list to top 2? :rolleyes:

Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members