Aneesah Morrow list | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Reaction Score
Who? I must not watch as much wbb as I thought.
I looked her up and she's a California McDonald's All American that may be as good of a shooter as Lou & seems to have as good as or a better handle than her too. Hard to believe but she seems like a really good player for Juju & Morrow to team up with. If Morrow signs with SoCal they could be a top 10 team and maybe better than UCLA.

If the SoCal big can neutralize or box out Betts, Morrow will be able to get rebounds, make put backs & clean up everyone's missed shots.
The Pac 12 title will be up for grabs & a real free for all.

McKenzie Forbes transferred to Harvard after playing for the Cal. Golden Bears.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
While I do think Angel Reese and Hailey Van Lith can coexist and coexist quite nicely, I am not sure adding Aneesah Morrow to the mix is a recipe for success.

Reaction Score
While I do think Angel Reese and Hailey Van Lith can coexist and coexist quite nicely, I am not sure adding Aneesah Morrow to the mix is a recipe for success.
I agree. The word in the local coffee shop is that LSU thinks they have a very very good chance of picking her up though.

Reaction Score
Would only work IF Morrow is comfortable about being a team player and not having major stats like she did at Depaul. But if the team plays well and everyone focuses on making each other better, the stats generally work themselves out...

But LSU lost 3 major scorers (Morris, Ladazhia, Carson) and LSU's bench was basically non existent the entire season minus the national championship game. Kim is likely not banking on that same group maintaining that level of production. I know people point to LSU's incoming freshmen class but M. Williams is probably the only one ready to make a significant impact early. Rosario is over a year away. I don't think adding Morrow would necessarily kill everything as long as people understand their roles which I imagine Kim communicates prior to bringing someone like that in (she prob did as well with Hailey Van Lith).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really don't understand how people think they can't coexist or can't play second fiddle to one another. Check your ego at the door, cash your NIL check, believe in Mulkey and try to win a National Championship. Maybe the PPG will drop but wins and length of season will improve. Not many get to cut down a net.

Did Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson, Nurse, Williams, Pheesa and KLS coexist?

How about Bird, Taurasi, Cash, Jones, and Williams?

I don't like NIL or the new Free Agency, but it is here, and here to stay. I don't think Geno likes it either, but he better embrace it or fall behind.

Reaction Score
Morrow is leaving DePaul to win and up her stock even more… she could stay and rack up stats for the college Hall of Fame. The land spot for Morrow needs a strong coach (not Bruno), returning stars and starters and I’m sure NIL $$ would help! I truly believe she could be the difference with respect to a National Championship( love to have her @ Uconn but), this young lady can play.

Reaction Score
I really don't understand how people think they can't coexist or can't play second fiddle to one another. Check your ego at the door, cash your NIL check, believe in Mulkey and try to win a National Championship. Maybe the PPG will drop but wins and length of season will improve. Not many get to cut down a net.

Did Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson, Nurse, Williams, Pheesa and KLS coexist?

How about Bird, Taurasi, Cash, Jones, and Williams?

I don't like NIL or the new Free Agency, but it is here, and here to stay. I don't think Geno likes it either, but he better embrace it or fall behind.
It’s about basketball styles of play though. Morrow, Hailey Van Lith, and Reese don’t have complimentary games as they are all inefficient ball dominant players that don’t create or distribute for others especially well. You can have a lot of stars if you have a mix of different skill sets but if all your stats need to do mange the ball to be effective then you will have problems.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Morrow is leaving DePaul to win and up her stock even more… she could stay and rack up stats for the college Hall of Fame. The land spot for Morrow needs a strong coach (not Bruno), returning stars and starters and I’m sure NIL $$ would help! I truly believe she could be the difference with respect to a National Championship( love to have her @ Uconn but), this young lady can play.
You are what your stats say you are. ;) She's been a double-double machine for the last two years. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Women's Basketball - Double Doubles

1682815965381.png
National Collegiate Athletic Association
https://www.ncaa.com › stats › current › individual
RankNameTeamClHeightPositionGDbl Dbl
1Angel ReeseLSUJr.6‑3F3634
2Lauren GustinBYUJr.6‑1F3327
3Aneesah MorrowDePaulSo.6‑1F3325

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You are what your stats say you are. ;) She's been a double-double machine for the last two years. That's not opinion, that's fact.

Women's Basketball - Double Doubles

View attachment 87897
National Collegiate Athletic Association
https://www.ncaa.com › stats › current › individual
RankNameTeamClHeightPositionGDbl Dbl
1Angel ReeseLSUJr.6‑3F3634
2Lauren GustinBYUJr.6‑1F3327
3Aneesah MorrowDePaulSo.6‑1F3325
While I enjoy watching Morrow play, as Carnac says, "you are what stats say you are." What the DePaul stats say is that she was not a player able to play well enough to help the team achieve a winning record. Draw your own conclusions.

Carnac

Reaction Score
While I enjoy watching Morrow play, as Carnac says, "you are what stats say you are." What the DePaul stats say is that she was not a player able to play well enough to help the team achieve a winning record. Draw your own conclusions.
When I read your comments, the first thing that came to mind is ok….what else could she have done to help her team win more games? At any level in any sport, you can be a good/great player on a bad team with little to no help.

I’m not saying she is a great player, just that she put up some big numbers every game. Numbers that can help win games. Caitlin Clark puts up big numbers, but her team wins because she has a much better supporting cast around her.

No argument, but in your opinion what could she have done that she didn’t that would have translated into more wins? Stewie didn’t win those 4 national championships by herself. I’m not a Morrow fan. You can substitute another name for hers with the same stats and ask the same question.

I’ve seen it in MLB over the years. Players that put up gaudy numbers during the regular season, but their team seldom make the playoffs. Michael Jordan didn’t win those 6 championships by himself. He had help as did Bill Russell, Magic Johnson etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have questions about how Morrow was used, and how she could fit in with a top program, but I also believe some of her abilities will translate anywhere. If she went to a team like LSU or South Carolina the adjustment at least offensively for her and her coach IMO would be major.

Morrow can rebound and score inside at a high level regardless of the program. Clearly DePaul needed her to do a great deal, but there are still a few red flags in her stats. Stars on their team generally rank high in both volume and efficiency. When the volume is exceptionally high and the efficiency pretty mediocre it raises some questions.

In Morrow's case the three point shots are killing her overall efficiency. She takes quite a few at 25% accuracy. That is hurting not helping her team. Considering she is not a particularly good FT shooter either, I doubt if that percentage is a fluke. Having said that if Morrow never shot another 3 pointer, her rate of scoring would go down substantially but still be quite high, and her efficiency would be good too. There are also some concerns regarding her 2 point percentage which is ok but not great. There too, a few less low percentage shots seems to make sense.

So if she is on a super team what will happen. Those teams have no need for a high volume mediocre percentage scorer. The floor for what a good shot is for all their players is much higher. I certainly think Morrow could do that, stick to the high percentage shots, concentrate on her greatest strength rebounding, and pass more than at DePaul. Will she make the kind of adjustments that will be needed to compliment a very good team?

She might be great at it, but since it probably entails a major change in how she might be used offensively, it also increases the uncertainty. It probably serves both player and coach to have a very upfront and honest discussion about that before a commitment is made.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I have questions about how Morrow was used, and how she could fit in with a top program, but I also believe some of her abilities will translate anywhere. If she went to a team like LSU or South Carolina the adjustment at least offensively for her and her coach IMO would be major.

Morrow can rebound and score inside at a high level regardless of the program. Clearly DePaul needed her to do a great deal, but there are still a few red flags in her stats. Stars on their team generally rank high in both volume and efficiency. When the volume is exceptionally high and the efficiency pretty mediocre it raises some questions.

In Morrow's case the three point shots are killing her overall efficiency. She takes quite a few at 25% accuracy. That is hurting not helping her team. Considering she is not a particularly good FT shooter either, I doubt if that percentage is a fluke. Having said that if Morrow never shot another 3 pointer, her rate of scoring would go down substantially but still be quite high, and her efficiency would be good too. There are also some concerns regarding her 2 point percentage which is ok but not great. There too, a few less low percentage shots seems to make sense.

So if she is on a super team what will happen. Those teams have no need for a high volume mediocre percentage scorer. The floor for what a good shot is for all their players is much higher. I certainly think Morrow could do that, stick to the high percentage shots, concentrate on her greatest strength rebounding, and pass more than at DePaul. Will she make the kind of adjustments that will be needed to compliment a very good team?

She might be great at it, but since it probably entails a major change in how she might be used offensively, it also increases the uncertainty. It probably serves both player and coach to have a very upfront and honest discussion about that before a commitment is made.
This is the best post I’ve read on Morrow since she entered the portal. Needless to say I agree with all of the points you mentioned.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
. It probably serves both player and coach to have a very upfront and honest discussion about that before a commitment is made.
Given the player and coach involved, I have very little doubt that that is happening. In any event in a force of personality battle the smart money is on Mulkey.

Reaction Score
Does anyone really care where her next college stop will be? I hope that she finds the right fit. Lets move on.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Does anyone really care where her next college stop will be? I hope that she finds the right fit. Lets move on.
Conn, she’s generated 10 pages of comments, so I would say yes to your question. She’s the last player of notoriety yet to announce her new commitment. I’m interested to see where she goes and how well she incorporates her talents with her new team.

Right now there are not a lot of other WCBB topics to talk/comment about. She should announce her new team of choice soon. Bare with us. :cool:

Reaction Score

I agree with everything you said, but you didn't mention Mulkey. Mulkey is the difference maker here. Everyone knows she is a great coach. If anyone can meld egos and playing styles into one unit, its her. Look what she did in two years with a mediocre core she inherited, she worked the portal and recruited like crazy. She also has one of the top booster groups in the country working the NIL deals behind the scenes. I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

LSU and they're NIL deals are making a huge difference. Look at Angel Reese after they won the championship. Now look at the LSU gymnastics student-athlete in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition. They are blowing everyone out of the water.

Reaction Score
Conn, she’s generated 10 pages of comments, so I would say yes to your question. She’s the last player of notoriety yet to announce her new commitment. I’m interested to see where she goes and how well she incorporates her talents with her new team.

Right now there are not a lot of other WCBB topics to talk/comment about. She should announce her new team of choice soon. Bare with us. :cool:
I appreciate your optimism Carnac. Yes she is the last of the high profile portals. And I wish her the best. But 10 pages of comments! Its the off season and yes we are bored out of our minds. And, November is far away.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I appreciate your optimism Carnac. Yes she is the last of the high profile portals. And I wish her the best. But 10 pages of comments! Its the off season and yes we are bored out of our minds. And, November is far away.
There’s a lot of boredom between now and November that I’m not looking forward to. This is not my favorite time of the year. :(

Reaction Score
This is why I think she's not a great fit at either LSU or Scar. I don't think either one needs another rebounder, and she's not likely to be happy in that role. That doesn't mean Kim or Dawn wouldn't take her on, or that Morrow wouldn't jump at the chance to go to either school. I just think it would be a mistake for her. But kids make mistakes.

Reaction Score
you only hope she doesnt go to lsu or sc. shes a great player and great players adjust everywhere. :)

Reaction Score
I would be outside doing yard work if it wasn't raining. Blame it on the rain?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This is why I think she's not a great fit at either LSU or Scar. I don't think either one needs another rebounder, and she's not likely to be happy in that role. That doesn't mean Kim or Dawn wouldn't take her on, or that Morrow wouldn't jump at the chance to go to either school. I just think it would be a mistake for her. But kids make mistakes.
Both could use a stretch 4 to pair with Reese/Cardoso. I think she's a really good fit at SC playing the 4. She has an unselfish PG in Johnson to play with the next 2 years, a great shooter in Pao Pao to spread the floor and Cardoso inside which allows her to further develop her skills out of the midrange/high post. I think it'd be similar to a few years ago when Mississippi State took Anriel Howard out of the portal (an undersized ferocious rebounder wanting to develop her perimeter game) and paired her with 6-7 Teaira McCowan. Worked out well for both Howard/Mississippi State.

At LSU her role would be greatly reduced playing with Reese, Hailey Van Lith, Williams and Flaujae, all of whom are stars (or have star potential). If she goes there, I don't think there are enough shots to keep everyone happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom