Aneesah Morrow list | The Boneyard

Aneesah Morrow list

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Twitter says UConn has not reached out.

Other Power 5s who have contacted her: Florida, Iowa State, Arizona, NC State, Penn State, Baylor, Kentucky, Ohio State, UNC, Boston College, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State, Syracuse

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
While it's true I didn't see LSU winning the national championship coming, I did see THIS coming. All of those schools that have contacted her would accept her if she chooses to accept their invitation. I mentioned the first three LSU, SC, and ND in an earlier comment. :cool: I'm also not surprised UConn has not contacted her. IMHO, she's not a good fit for them.

Geno has 14 already on his roster. Should he choose to make it 15, it will be a player that he just can't pass on, and one that can/will play some defense. Morrow is widely known for her offense, not her defense. Morrow will be fine and start wherever she goes. I'm guessing it will be a P5 top-10 ranked program. Very possibly one of the ones in Alexa's tweet. If she wants to win a championship, there are only a handful she can consider. She will get 10 points and 10 rebounds per game where ever she goes. She just has to learn how to play with her new teammates, and not take so many shots.

Last edited:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
While it's true I didn't see LSU winning the national championship coming, I did see THIS coming. All of those schools that have contacted her would accept her if she chose to accept their invitation. I mentioned the first three LSU, SC, and ND in an earlier comment. :cool: I'm also not surprised UConn has not contacted her. IMHO, she's not a good fit for them. Geno has 14 already on his roster. Should he choose to make it 15, it will be a player that he just can't pass on, and one that can/will play some defense. Morrow will be fine wherever she goes.
I'm guessing it will be a P5 top-10 program. Very possibly one of the ones in Alexa's tweet.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
Geno is missing true size in the 6'6-6'7" inch range. I showed against a player like Cardoso. LSU has a big coming in. Betts with 3 years left would be the one true fit. That allows ice to play the four or the five especially after Edwards graduates. There are not many super tall super talented American bigs of that size over the next few classes. There is a 6'5" big in New York in a few years.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno is missing true size in the 6'6-6'7" inch range. I showed against a player like Cardoso. LSU has a big coming in. Betts with 3 years left would be the one true fit. That allows ice to play the four or the five especially after Edwards graduates. There are not many super tall super talented American bigs of that size over the next few classes. There is a 6'5" big in New York in a few years.
Iowa beat South Carolina with a 6-3 center. They hit their outside shots

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Playing for out, I would suspect not coincidentally, was the plan for Connecticut this year.

Orc

Reaction Score

Geno is missing some fire power in the front court. He only has Edwards. Im not expecting much contribution from the freshmen posts next year since they barely contribute

Reaction Score
Twitter says UConn has not reached out.

Other Power 5s who have contacted her: Florida, Iowa State, Arizona, NC State, Penn State, Baylor, Kentucky, Ohio State, UNC, Boston College, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Virginia, Kansas, Kansas State, Syracuse

twitter should not speculate on transfers, they need to read the rules :)

Reaction Score
When they were freshmen, Paige took over the team and Aaliyah often started or played major minutes next to Liv in the second half of the season. She averaged 22 mins/g and 11 points 6 rebounds for the whole season. I would not be surprised by Ice and/or Jana being capable of something similar by the second half of next season. I almost expect Ayanna to do the same.

Sure, we can bring in a big transfer, but that means delaying the development of Ice and Jana. That seems like the bigger risk to me. Unless the big is absolutely sure fire -- i.e. Betts -- I'd say it's not worth it. It's definitely not worth it for Morrow. I mean, he'd be redefining the team, and we shouldn't expect Geno will do that lightly. Bear in mind, last summer (before the injury) he said he expected a big contribution from Ice last season. I doubt his assessment has changed much.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Geno is missing some fire power in the front court. He only has Edwards. Im not expecting much contribution from the freshmen posts next year since they barely contribute
Honestly, the team often played better with 4 guards and one post player. I wouldn’t mind more of that, especially given the guards on the roster

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
There are some Irish fans who are skeptical of Morrow's potential fit with ND, but I think they're thinking too hard.

Yes, ND would prefer more of a 5 than a 4 like Morrow would be, but they need a consistent frontcourt producer.

ND has a stacked guard group but the forwards are inconsistent. Bring in Morrow first and figure out the exact rotations later. Obviously things like academics, team chemistry, etc need to work out. But talent-wise, she'd be a massive upgrade.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Morrow took 35.5% of DePaul’s shots. The players at ND going to be good with that? She’s not quite a black hole, but it’s close

D4E17AE7-E504-430A-B4F3-3C76C35C6B9F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Morrow took 35.5% of DePaul’s shots. The players at ND going to be good with that? She’s not quite a black hole, but it’s close

View attachment 87287
I think she did this because Doug allowed it and she kinda had to. Outside of Darrione, they didn’t have much more offense. Losing Deja Church, Lexi Held and Sonya Morris was a lot for them.

Notre Dame has a lot more offensive weapons and an All-American PG to run that offense.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

View attachment 87287
DePaul didn't have all that much else going on. I'm just hesitant to think that just because she shot a ton at DePaul, she'll shoot a ton wherever she goes.

I sure wouldn't want her attempting 209 3s and only making 25.4% for ND. If she's willing to play in a team offense concept and operate primarily as an interior scorer, then I'd be all over her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
DePaul didn't have all that much else going on. I'm just hesitant to think that just because she shot a ton at DePaul, she'll shoot a ton wherever she goes.

I sure wouldn't want her attempting 209 3s and only making 25.4% for ND. If she's willing to play in a team offense concept and operate primarily as an interior scorer, then I'd be all over her.

She has a tendency to play like a "get hers" player. Maybe that would change in a new environment, but I'm skeptical.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

He's not "missing" anything. In the 11 national Championships we have won we have had exactly ONE 6'7" contributing player on all those combined rosters (Kara Wolters). You can be sure he will have an adequate post player on the roster.

Reaction Score

AM doesn't need to shoot all those 3s when she's on the floor with shooters like PB, AZ, CD and Nika ;). Also, with these teammates on the floor, AM would have so much more opportunities for shots closer to the basket.

Reaction Score
He's not "missing" anything. In the 11 national Championships we have won we have had exactly ONE 6'7" contributing player on all those combined rosters (Kara Wolters). You can be sure he will have an adequate post player on the roster.
And how long ago did we win #11? Who besides AE can play underneath? AM has done this for 2 years. If our budding post players can show that they can shine with defense and offense (!!), AM can reduce her minutes and play even better. NO, I cannot be sure that we have adequate post support on the active roster.

Reaction Score
They hit their shots because they got open. They got open because the refs were calling fouls and SC had to stop fouling them. When the refs don't call the fouls, you have to take contested and rushed shots. You will miss a lot and need a rebounder. A 6-3 center typically won't cut it.

Reaction Score
There is always the FOUL TROUBLE and injury issue. Teams don't ALWAYS
hit their three-point shots in every game (UCONN should!). I will find
the results of this transfer (very interesting) come next February, March, and April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom