Andre Jackson Press conference 7/1/23 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Press conference 7/1/23

Reaction Score
Favorite =/= Best
Rock, great explanation…am aware of equivalencies. However, sometimes, overreacting to a statement without comprehending the statement can lead one to respond inaccurately to the response. Your statement is true, but your response is not. “I guess you’re entitled” relates that the writer acknowledges the person’s personal choice. However, because this person decided to POST THIS instead of keeping it in his own head, opens him up to responses from other people.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Comprehension should accompany reading. If you bother to re-read, the first sentence says “I guess you’re entitled”….translation: One is entitled to select anyone they choose. However, when you share that information outside of the sphere of your cranium, you can expect…or you should not surprised that others respond to it.
If you have to interpret your post to the entire board, maybe clearer written communication would be the solution, as in, "you are entitled to your opinion..."

Reaction Score
it’s kind of hard to take your take seriously when you spell it UCONN…
Don’t know you, but I could care LESS what you think. People in Connecticut have been spelling the University of Connecticut as UCONN for decades…google it, talk to someone older than you who knows a few things, and maybe you will become more knowledgeable about the school and it’s programs than what your statement seems to reveal.

Reaction Score
Rock, great explanation…am aware of equivalencies. However, sometimes, overreacting to a statement without comprehending the statement can lead one to respond inaccurately to the response. Your statement is true, but your response is not. “I guess you’re entitled” relates that the writer acknowledges the person’s personal choice. However, because this person decided to POST THIS instead of keeping it in his own head, opens him up to responses from other people.
The post was about who his favorite player is, which is completely subjective. Your comment on “he’s not even top 50” is at best confusing and irrelevant, assuming you’re referring to some ranking of best UConn players

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Comprehension should accompany reading. If you bother to re-read, the first sentence says “I guess you’re entitled”….translation: One is entitled to select anyone they choose. However, when you share that information outside of the sphere of your cranium, you can expect…or you should not surprised that others respond to it.
There's a positive correlation between reading comprehension and reasonably coherent writing. What does surprise me, is when people want others to respond to what they meant to write and not what they actually wrote. Not that your offered self-translation changes anything. Whether you guess I'm entitled or will accept the fact of my entitlement does not matter a single bit. See, if you'd simply said, "he's not in MY top 50", we'd have been good. Your top 50 is obviously yours. Instead, you said "he's not in THE top 50", creating a number of issues. I do agree with one of the points you try to make though... The right to an opinion is not a right to be agreed with.

Reaction Score
If Harry Hoo (Who) read this thread he would have only one word, "Amazing"

Reaction Score

Great news for Jackson's wallet. One of his closest comps getting generational wealth at 26 years old

Reaction Score
Don’t know you, but I could care LESS what you think. People in Connecticut have been spelling the University of Connecticut as UCONN for decades…google it, talk to someone older than you who knows a few things, and maybe you will become more knowledgeable about the school and it’s programs than what your statement seems to reveal.

ohbrotherthisguystinks.gif

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I watched the highlight reel of Hawkins sophomore season and realized over 90% of his threes seemed to come off of Jackson passes. I also watched some of the tournament games and he's like a damn raptor once he grabbed the ball and pushed it down court. Not sure I remember a guy who pushed the ball up the court quite like him and some of the out of nowhere anticipation plays are jaw dropping.

We're really going to miss him but some other things Clingan, Newton, and Karaban I maybe didn't see at the time jumped out to me. I really think Clingan is special, as in going to be one of the best players who ever played here special.

If Donovan can stay on the floor (conditioning, staying out of foul trouble), yep.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
UCONN has always had players who “were essential to their success”. Unfortunately, if you are not up on the history of UCONN Men’s Basketball, and maybe have never SEEN some of the Greats from the past you would think that Jackson is that good…Several Decades ago, UCONN’s Athletic Dept mailed out ballots to many of it’s Athletic supporters and others in which they listed the all the best players and asked us to vote for the top 50. Even back then, some of the guys who did not make that All Time Top 50 list were better than Jackson.

Lastly, as much as I’m happy that UCONN won their 5th National Title, I haven’t lost sight of the fact that the other 4 Championship teams were much better than this one. This team didn’t even win the Big East Conference, nor did they win the Big East Tournament. In my view, they got lucky in the tournament in that all of the Top teams were knocked out and they became the perennial favorites and they won.

The 2011 and 2014 teams were not “much better”. This team had more weapons than either.

Luck had very little to do with UConn absolutely mauling everybody in their path.

For such an incredible student of the game, you should know that some teams reach their full potential at the right time. Case in point, the 2011 team that went 9-9 in the conference.

Reaction Score
If I had to sum up Andre Jackson in 1 play, it would be his first game back from injury against UNC Wilmington. I think that’s the play you’re referencing, up by 30 and he’s diving onto the floor for a loose ball

He will give 110% on every single play if it helps his team win. Milwaukee will love him
If I had to sum up in 1 play it would be early against Georgetown Joey C game. Inbound pass to DC @ half court, full sprint, gets the ball back, dunk. FREAK

That’s been shared and talked about lots though, maybe this can be 1A. haha

IMG_1215.gif

Reaction Score
Can't post this anywhere else because I can't even see the summer league thread, guess someone has me on ignore so can't even join the thread to talk. But seems like Andre is having a typical Andre game and filling up the stat sheet

Reaction Score
Quick google search says 52 players all time have been drafted to NBA from UConn, including Jordan and Andre so by this simple measure he has to be at least close.

With regards to getting “lucky” in the tourney. I am really tired of people make this ignorant statement, regardless of the team that wins it. Other teams may be higher ranked than the winner going in, may have some better players or be more hyped, but you still have to win your games. This year UConn did. The teams that lost, that you think are better didn’t win their games, end of story.
A comment is only perceived as ‘ignorant’ when either it is or the person reading it and responding to it doesn’t have the skills necessary to comprehend properly.

Getting Drafted doesn’t make a player one of the Best. You would know that if you knew how the NBA Draft has evolved down through the decades to where it is now. Additionally, one can have years where there are some phenomenal players and years where there aren’t that many. So, when the pickins are slim, folks get drafted who might not otherwise have gotten picked.

Also, as stated early in March, the Tournament is about winning 6 Straight games. You win them. You’re National Champion. UCONN won them. I’m happy. It’ my alma mater. However, I’m not a FAN! I am a student of the game.
People are crowning Dan Hurley as the next Jim Calhoun. Many of these are the same people who had little to say when K.O. Won the Championship. Kevin’s team was prohibited from post season play because of improprieties under Calhoun, but the next year he not only won the Big East Tournament Championship, he also won the NCAA Championship. Coach Calhoun won the conference, the conference tourney and 3 National Championships. Hurley may be a good coach, but until he puts up some impressive numbers, I’ll just observe his accomplishments and reserve praise until I feel it’s earned. He earned it winning the National Championship, but as a student of the game it’s kept in perspective….different look than a fan’s view.

Reaction Score
A comment is only perceived as ‘ignorant’ when either it is or the person reading it and responding to it doesn’t have the skills necessary to comprehend properly.

Getting Drafted doesn’t make a player one of the Best. You would know that if you knew how the NBA Draft has evolved down through the decades to where it is now. Additionally, one can have years where there are some phenomenal players and years where there aren’t that many. So, when the pickins are slim, folks get drafted who might not otherwise have gotten picked.

Also, as stated early in March, the Tournament is about winning 6 Straight games. You win them. You’re National Champion. UCONN won them. I’m happy. It’ my alma mater. However, I’m not a FAN! I am a student of the game.
People are crowning Dan Hurley as the next Jim Calhoun. Many of these are the same people who had little to say when K.O. Won the Championship. Kevin’s team was prohibited from post season play because of improprieties under Calhoun, but the next year he not only won the Big East Tournament Championship, he also won the NCAA Championship. Coach Calhoun won the conference, the conference tourney and 3 National Championships. Hurley may be a good coach, but until he puts up some impressive numbers, I’ll just observe his accomplishments and reserve praise until I feel it’s earned. He earned it winning the National Championship, but as a student of the game it’s kept in perspective….different look than a fan’s view.
tmp.gif

IMG_3063.gif

Reaction Score

1688857941177.gif

Reaction Score

This post belongs in the Hall of Fame, amazing stuff!

Reaction Score

Websters dictionary definition of a fan

an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

Hate to break it to you but that sounds a lot like someone writing novels on a forum about college kids playing basketball

Reaction Score
Websters dictionary definition of a fan

an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator

Hate to break it to you but that sounds a lot like someone writing novels on a forum about college kids playing basketball
The student of the game thinks Ollie won the Big East Tournament championship and the national championship in his second season as UConn head coach.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The student of the game thinks Ollie won the Big East Tournament championship and the national championship in his second season as UConn head coach.
He got it half right. I've seen worse here.

But now that I know he's a student of the game, I really do want to see that list of 50 players who were better than AJax. Dude probably has a list of 50 animals better than a unicorn.

Reaction Score

Most impressive part of KO’s tenure here was winning the BE Championship as a member of the American Conference

Reaction Score
Student of the game; fan of the sound of his own voice...
Self-prescribed "student", who doesn't have his/her facts straight (the internet actually does help validate facts like this). It doesn't mean they are an "expert" by any means. Most students are es reading about history. Experts earn their credibility over time through real work and experience. For someone to opine in this manner, which is asinine, there must be is an axe to grind. So Batterson needs to come clean on what his real issues with the program are, or get the out of this forum. What axe are you grinding Batterson? There's not one person in America that watched all 6 NCAA games in March/April that didn't think UConn had one of the most dominant tourney runs in NCAA history. And if you think otherwise you actually didn't watch March Madness.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom