Andre Jackson Press conference 7/1/23 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Press conference 7/1/23

Reaction Score
Man I’m going to miss having this kid suit up for UConn
I watched the highlight reel of Hawkins sophomore season and realized over 90% of his threes seemed to come off of Jackson passes. I also watched some of the tournament games and he's like a damn raptor once he grabbed the ball and pushed it down court. Not sure I remember a guy who pushed the ball up the court quite like him and some of the out of nowhere anticipation plays are jaw dropping.

We're really going to miss him but some other things Clingan, Newton, and Karaban I maybe didn't see at the time jumped out to me. I really think Clingan is special, as in going to be one of the best players who ever played here special.

Reaction Score
I guess you’re entitled….Understandable if you’re new to the program, but going back decades this guy would not even be in the Top 50.
This won't play well...

He only every averaged 6-7 points a game but he was unbelievably essential to the success of the team.

There's certain players in ever sport where their impact isn't truly represented in stats...

Andre Jackson is that guy.

He's uniquely...unique

I've been guilty of thinking the fan base might overrated him. When you watch tape again, you see the impact.

He's absolutely top 50

Reaction Score
This won't play well...

He only every averaged 6-7 points a game but he was unbelievably essential to the success of the team.

There's certain players in ever sport where their impact isn't truly represented in stats...

Andre Jackson is that guy.

He's uniquely...unique

I've been guilty of thinking the fan base might overrated him. When you watch tape again, you see the impact.

He's absolutely top 50
UCONN has always had players who “were essential to their success”. Unfortunately, if you are not up on the history of UCONN Men’s Basketball, and maybe have never SEEN some of the Greats from the past you would think that Jackson is that good…Several Decades ago, UCONN’s Athletic Dept mailed out ballots to many of it’s Athletic supporters and others in which they listed the all the best players and asked us to vote for the top 50. Even back then, some of the guys who did not make that All Time Top 50 list were better than Jackson.

Lastly, as much as I’m happy that UCONN won their 5th National Title, I haven’t lost sight of the fact that the other 4 Championship teams were much better than this one. This team didn’t even win the Big East Conference, nor did they win the Big East Tournament. In my view, they got lucky in the tournament in that all of the Top teams were knocked out and they became the perennial favorites and they won.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
UCONN has always had players who “were essential to their success”. Unfortunately, if you are not up on the history of UCONN Men’s Basketball, and maybe have never SEEN some of the Greats from the past you would think that Jackson is that good…Several Decades ago, UCONN’s Athletic Dept mailed out ballots to many of it’s Athletic supporters and others in which they listed the all the best players and asked us to vote for the top 50. Even back then, some of the guys who did not make that All Time Top 50 list were better than Jackson.

Lastly, as much as I’m happy that UCONN won their 5th National Title, I haven’t lost sight of the fact that the other 4 Championship teams were much better than this one. This team didn’t even win the Big East Conference, nor did they win the Big East Tournament. In my view, they got lucky in the tournament in that all of the Top teams were knocked out and they became the perennial favorites and they won.
Tsk, tsk, tsk Superjohn, you're such a casual fan - clearly you just jumped on the bandwagon. This fella has been driving it for years...

Reaction Score

Quick google search says 52 players all time have been drafted to NBA from UConn, including Jordan and Andre so by this simple measure he has to be at least close.

With regards to getting “lucky” in the tourney. I am really tired of people make this ignorant statement, regardless of the team that wins it. Other teams may be higher ranked than the winner going in, may have some better players or be more hyped, but you still have to win your games. This year UConn did. The teams that lost, that you think are better didn’t win their games, end of story.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

This take is absurd on its face this championship team is destroying 14 team and likely the 11 team

Reaction Score
Love Andre. He has the right attitude and I think he will be a vocal leader on the team from day 1, even as a rookie

Reaction Score
I guess you’re entitled….Understandable if you’re new to the program, but going back decades this guy would not even be in the Top 50.
IMG_4159.gif

Reaction Score

IMG_3353.gif

Reaction Score
Name 49 that are better. It’s easy to dismiss him because of lack of scoring, but his insane ability to impact other facets of the game, to dominate other facets of the game can’t be understated. He is an outlier in todays game but his few deficiencies only highlight how elite he actually was at the major d1 level.

Reaction Score
I’m very impressed how well spoken he is and how highly he spoken about UConn and coaches during this interview.

He is well grounded and He also knows and has what it takes to excel at next level. I sincerely think when all is said and done, he may have a better career than Draymond Green, but of course I’m a big fan. He will surprise lots of people in NBA.

He is definitely in my top 15 of UConn greatest players list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom