America 12 to Palestra? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

America 12 to Palestra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My wife and I went to that game...2 things stand out about Kentucky attendance being more than us..1 in talking to most of them they used the game to take a trip to NYC. 2 it was another typical UConn ticket office high priced bad seat location because "you don't have the points" for good seats operation. I wish I had bought tickets for that game at the Garden...my seats would have been MUCH better! On a side note a bunch of Kentucky fans started talking trash about football. I told one of them that John Wall had played a GREAT game that night and he was the difference maker...then I asked them when the last time they beat South Carolina 20-0 on the football field was...when they looked at me funny I told them we did it to USC in Birmingham Al in a bowl game...but that they didn't even know what those were! Another Kentucky fan turned to that group amd said "man's got a point...a REAL good point and you should quit this comversation while you can"

It's funny, because when I went to the game at the Garden, I went with 3 others, including a huge Tennessee fan, who (obviously) hates Kentucky. Our seats were right in the middle of a Kentucky section, and he was liquored up and absolutely killing Kentucky the whole game. Despite that, the fans around us were pretty good to us. I have no idea why.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how many fans are coming to watch the new BE at the garden. Lots of empty seats.
That's a really good point.

Marquette, Georgetown and to a lesser extent Nova are all really good programs, but they've benefited tremendously from getting to play against the likes of UConn, Syracuse and (more recently) Louisville on an annual basis. The "big boys" are the ones who brought fans to other teams' arenas, not the Catholic schools.

Outside of Marquette and Creighton (and maybe Butler), none of those other programs draw a ton of interest on their own, not even locally. No one will be racing to the Garden to watch Georgetown-Providence on Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Bump. With Tulsa and ECU coming in, do we have a choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom