Amazing Job By Ollie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amazing Job By Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem is Nova was up by like nine points when Bazz went out of the game. Taking your best player out when the opposing team is on the verge of stretching the lead to double digits is very ill-advised, IMO. It worked out, and I know my opinion will be very unpopular here, but I just can't get behind the idea of benching a guy who averages a fraction over two fouls per 40 minutes. It isn't like this is Okafor and he has to guard Shelden Williams, Bazz is a guard and he's one of the smartest players in Ameica.

Good point, that foul rate is super low. I have no problem with what Ollie did but wouldn't have minded if he left Bazz in.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes, but he kept him out because the deficit was shrinking. Calhoun kept OK out even though the deficit was getting bigger. And both were proven right.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If by amazing you mean ridiculously dumb, I agree (in regards to benching Bazz).
wow I really don't know where you are going with this statement

Reaction Score
[qCoac post: 891519, member: 2634"]Who would have thought that down by double digits without Napier we were going to go into the half with the lead?

He mixed things up going zone with Brimah in the middle, a little press, then zone with Daniels in the middle and it all worked. Absolutely amazing in my eyes.[/quote]

Coach Calhoun and Coach Ollie knew. That was a dominant performance. Everyboby step up. What a performance by the Huskies! We were the better team without a doubt.

I'm so proud of this team!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Agree Ollie managed the game well and really called a crucial TO in the first half and got the defense going GREAT.

Reaction Score
I loved it when Raf pointed out that Ollie was in a defensive stance on the sideline! He has this team fully in his grasp and his coaching has been masterful.

Calhoun couldn't do that. Well, maybe he could get into that defensive stance. :)

Sometimes I have doubts about whether Ollie is an awesome coach. But it's only because his style is 180-degrees from JC's. Im pretty certain that even I could score 20 points if Coach Ollie told me I could. He's just so damn positive.

I also like that he didn't show all his cards during the season.
Zone? Seriously?
Small lineup. Really?

Reaction Score
Know what? KO has worked TSam into an important slot for us. When Bazz went out TSam helped bring us back and he's a defender galore.

Reaction Score
He's just...strong. You can feel it coming through the damn television set when he talks about winning, getting things done, etc. He hasn't even hit his stride yet and it's hard to imagine kids not wanting to go play for him. It's hard to imagine anyone else being better suited to be in charge of this program right now.

Reaction Score
Ollie's been sitting guys with 2 first half fouls all year. I think he had to sit Napier, otherwise it could have looked like a panic move and sent the wrong message to the team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
His comments to the blonde bimbo at halftime said it all.

He completely dismissed the Archiediacano 3 pointer as if it was a gnat on the wall. He knew his players were better.

And for the score keepers out there. When was the last time Jay Wright out coached anyone.

Reaction Score
Still not a fan of the two foul rule, especially with a guard, but there's no denying it worked out extremely well tonight. Ollie coached one hell of a game, his rotations were phenomenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom