Alterique update | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Reaction Score
I've had two major shoulder surgeries and ripped scar tissue and it extremely painful but once you recover from the pain/soreness you're okay. I'm hoping its something similar where hell be able to rebound quickly.....

Reaction Score
Did I miss news of any MRI? Not any kind of medical person, but X-rays show structural/bone damage, MRIs would show ligament type damage? Is the X-ray precautionary, and an MRI is forth coming? If they went straight for only the X-ray, that typically would mean they think the shoulder joint itself is fine, right?

So many questions, please tell us more!
If he has metal screws in place, then I believe he cannot have an MRI.

Reaction Score
Have to agree with the sentiment that no news is NOT good news here. Hopefully we know more today.
Yeah, the longer this goes the more likely it is that the news is not good. There aren't a lot of good reasons for an announcement to be delayed. But, no amount of churn on a message board is not going to change the outcome so we might as well just wait for news.

Reaction Score
The game was Saturday, today is Tuesday. They certainly know by now how serious this injury is I would think but we have heard nothing definitive. I take that as a good sign that he’ll play soon.
I think even if he’s ok they hold him out of the next game

Reaction Score
He was near full speed when he laterally slammed his shoulder into that goof. A-Dub says the scream was blood-curdling as he dropped to the floor holding the shoulder. When on the floor he was motionless for a bit.

I am nervous.
I'm not debating the severity of the injury based on the play that occurred, I'm only commenting that using AG's initial reaction as the sole indicator that "he's done" is not the best approach.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm optimistic he'll play again this season. This is him walking off against Loyola Marymount with a season ending injury two years ago (dislocated shoulder and torn labrum):

These aren't loading for me. Not sure why.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
News always seems to come out in the late afternoon (I'm assuming after practice) so if we don't hear anything by 4:30 or so then I'll start to worry.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
We need to be honest it’s not going to be the same going forward. Even If he returns all confidence in the shoulder is gone. We shouldn’t be playing a kid who can not absorb a typical screen because of chronic shoulder problems it doesn’t do anyone any good. As far as next year, In addition to a center we’re now going to need a point guard. Big opportunity for coach hunters kid if he comes here(he will).
Or he could look at it as, "I pounded that thing and came out clean, that baby's bulletproof."
I have had a chronic sublux since I was 17, after the first couple times, I was playing again the next day.
Now, at 73, it stops me cold for seemingly no reason, but I still say truckit and get on with what I gotta do.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
I don’t believe they use metal anymore. My screws were a ceramic material or at least that’s what I remember for both shoulders.

+1. Have a plate on my collar-bone, can still get MRI's.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
News always seems to come out in the late afternoon (I'm assuming after practice) so if we don't hear anything by 4:30 or so then I'll start to worry.

But,

1548786973560.jpeg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
After reading all the "experts" on here I figured we needed some divine intervention to help us out.

I agree. I say we make Livin' on a Prayer the official anthem of Alterique's shoulder. Although I suppose it does make a difference if we make it or not.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand how people are saying there is no news. After the game Hurley said he dodged a bullet and described him as day-to-day. I understand that isn’t him saying “he’s absolutely fine”, but thinking the worst is a bad look.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand how people are saying there is no news. After the game Hurley said he dodged a bullet and described him as day-to-day. I understand that isn’t him saying “he’s absolutely fine”, but thinking the worst is a bad look.

That's my thinking. If something changed they would say something. Them not saying anything to me means nothing is different from Hurley original statement

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It is Structurally intact but sore. This is all coming from the Hurley radio show today

Sounds positive as they said before. My guess is he will miss a couple games before returning.

Reaction Score
UCTV Sports put out a tweet 18 minutes ago that quoted coach Hurley as saying that Alterique is sore , everything structurally is fine.

Hope this is a real update and not days old per Hurley comment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom