Alterique update | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Reaction Score
Expected. Doesn't mean much at this point. They were always going to hold him out today and get x-ray as precaution

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Odd message. I assume another set of X-rays were taken. I would want my surgeon to review them. Normally the surgeon would want his own X Ray team but in this case the distance may preclude that.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game. Please describe how he was injured.

Reaction Score
Basically he just didn't practice today. I think they're being cautious

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Ran into a screen with his chest. Shoulder made no contact but momentum kept it goin.

Kinda like the time i walked into a street sign post while turned around talking to someone.

Reaction Score
SillyVigorousCock-small.gif

It looked sort of like that. With the wall being a screen set by a WSU player. Not pictured: Cobb watching it happen and not appearing to call out the screen.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the game. Please describe how he was injured.

We were playing well against a team in our conference. Crowd was pumped. The guys looked quick, athletic and skilled. I was happy. Alterique was guarding the ball. An opponent set a ball screen that alterique didn’t see. His left shoulder banged into the screener and he dropped to floor in pain. I was no longer happy at this point and felt sick.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The scream in real time was blood curdling.

I hope it was because past experience causes him fear, but I fear that he knows from past experiences what happened.

Does that make sense?

Im riffing here.

Reaction Score
He had to call out that screen. I dont know if anyone wants to put it on him entirely. But calling screens is basketball 101.

And Cobb knows that better than anyone.
It's essentially the first thing you start to coach once kids can dribble and the game starts to speed up. You don't (always) teach it to 8-12 year olds because they're too slow and it's easy to get around the screen. Once you're playing at a high level, though, it's fundamental and every decent coach drills that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were always going to have tests done and hold him out a couple days. Today’s update Shouldn’t change anyone’s mind. I still think it is more fear then damage. Simply from experience going through exact same thing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom