Alterique update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

Reaction Score
Are you saying smashing into someone like that can only cause shoulder injury to people with previous shoulder injuries?

This is strange.

Um, obviously someone with shoulder injuries is more likely to suffer another injury. I mean this is the third time. Isn’t there a Jalen Adams thread you could troll instead?

Reaction Score
God I hope he’s ok. He was gonna rest for a few days regardless. I think the xrays are just precautionary. Why wud hurley make it seem like he was fine then in the post game Saturday night? He said he talked to trainer and he was more scared than anything. Strange. I think everyone overreacting. I hope.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
God I hope he’s ok. He was gonna rest for a few days regardless. I think the xrays are just precautionary. Why wud hurley make it seem like he was fine then in the post game Saturday night? He said he talked to trainer and he was more scared than anything. Strange. I think everyone overreacting. I hope.

Lotta times things seem OK til you look under the hood.

Reaction Score
I agree the screen should have been called out. But, AG knew the screen was going to be there. Witchita State was running the same set the entire game & they had practiced against it. It happened very quickly. Unfortunately happens when trying to get over a screen. It was an unfortunate basketball play. At this point in time placing blame isn’t the most important thing.

Reaction Score
It's a skill I used to have to emphasize again and again. Tells me it wasn't inculcated them in middle school.

Given how low level a lot of the kids I coached were, it wasn't my biggest concern. These kids weren't going to even make varsity, let alone D3 basketball.

But I take your point.

Fair enough. Different levels of coaching.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I agree the screen should have been called out. But, AG knew the screen was going to be there. Witchita State was running the same set the entire game & they had practiced against it. It happened very quickly. Unfortunately happens when trying to get over a screen. It was an unfortunate basketball play. At this point in time placing blame isn’t the most important thing.
The screener spread his feet another 6 inches just before Al turned into his chest and double fisted nut protector. It was a good screen and I am not sure even Eric saw it coming.

Reaction Score
The screener spread his feet another 6 inches just before Al turned into his chest and double fisted nut protector. It was a good screen and I am not sure even Eric saw it coming.

The angle I had at the game made it look like he hit proverbial brick wall. We were at the other end of the court. During the 1st half WS played offense at our end. We were in section 113. Our guys looked like they were calling out screens & other things but it was so loud we only saw lips moving.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's a standard play. No one should face blame. People get blown up on screens all the time, it's very unfortunate that it happened to the kid with the balky arm, on that arm.
These most recent posts are a little late.

Several firing squads have been formed and people have already circled up to join them, even with everybody on the same page hoping AG is OK and that Cobb improves going forward.

Reaction Score
Um, obviously someone with shoulder injuries is more likely to suffer another injury. I mean this is the third time. Isn’t there a Jalen Adams thread you could troll instead?
Hardooooooo

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We need to be honest it’s not going to be the same going forward. Even If he returns all confidence in the shoulder is gone. We shouldn’t be playing a kid who can not absorb a typical screen because of chronic shoulder problems it doesn’t do anyone any good. As far as next year, In addition to a center we’re now going to need a point guard. Big opportunity for coach hunters kid if he comes here(he will).

Reaction Score
We need to be honest it’s not going to be the same going forward. Even If he returns all confidence in the shoulder is gone. We shouldn’t be playing a kid who can not absorb a typical screen because of chronic shoulder problems it doesn’t do anyone any good. As far as next year, In addition to a center we’re now going to need a point guard. Big opportunity for coach hunters kid if he comes here(he will).
We shouldn't be playing him, what??? Holy hot take.

Reaction Score
We shouldn't be playing him, what??? Holy hot take.

Good thing he isn't a horse Ucann would be firing up the incinerator as we speak

Reaction Score
His shoulder is going to be sore when he gets hit that hard for the rest of his life. That’s no big deal. My thumbs were both broken playing basketball as a kid/teen. They still get the same horrendous pain they did when I was 17 when they get hit the right way. However, they aren’t broken they just hurt like hell sometimes. I suspect he is fine based on the type of hit he took, but I bet it hurt. I’m guessing he’s cleared shortly.

Last edited:

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
It's essentially the first thing you start to coach once kids can dribble and the game starts to speed up. You don't (always) teach it to 8-12 year olds because they're too slow and it's easy to get around the screen. Once you're playing at a high level, though, it's fundamental and every decent coach drills that.
Yup. “Pick right!” “Pick left!” Basic, rudimentary stuff.

Reaction Score
They held him out of practice until a doctor could look at his x rays and clear him. It’s due diligence. They’d be reckless to do anything else. This was to be expected. This doesn’t mean it’s something worse than expected. I’d bet he’s cleared tmmrw sometime

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom