Alterique update | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Alterique update

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If he's just sore and everything is intact per Hurley on the radio show, that is best case scenario.

He probably aggravated some scar tissue which probably hurt a lot and hence the soreness. But intact is what we wanted to hear. They'll probably be cautious depending on his soreness. I'll guess he misses one game as a precaution.

Reaction Score
If they decide to sit AG Thursday against UCF our chances to win the game decrease drastically - obviously Terrence Smith is not even close to AG talent wise. Too bad cuz it seemed like the team was starting to play better. But if you’re going to sit him Thursday in a very important game against UCF then you might as well sit him again agsinst ECU you on Sunday in a game where we should roll - no sense rushing him back if you’re not going to bring him back for the UCF game
Only plus, is with Diarra back start playing bigger with a traditional starting 5.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Only plus, is with Diarra back start playing bigger with a traditional starting 5.
Agreed.Plus we have to contain Dawkins. Dawkins killed us inside on the drives. I think Diarra will have an impact.

Reaction Score
If Diarra has to replace Gilbert in our scheme, Houston we have got a problem.
Not replace. No way. It just allows us to play a more traditional lineup. Hopefully Jalen can keep up his level of play and make good decisions. Vital,Polley and Sid need to score, and Carlton needs at least 5-6 good looks after that the typical crap shoot. Gilbert can be a huge loss I love that guy. But our personnel allows us to go bigger. I just guess we can never have a full roster. When was the last time all of our team was active???

Reaction Score
Assuming Alterique doesn’t play tomorrow, I think we may see Smith take more of a playmaking role. Driving and kicking is something he can do well enough, but lately he’s been playing the 3 and hasn’t had to do much playmaking in conference play. He’s the guy who will need to step up the most in Gilbert’s absense.

Reaction Score
Not replace. No way. It just allows us to play a more traditional lineup. Hopefully Jalen can keep up his level of play and make good decisions. Vital,Polley and Sid need to score, and Carlton needs at least 5-6 good looks after that the typical crap shoot. Gilbert can be a huge loss I love that guy. But our personnel allows us to go bigger. I just guess we can never have a full roster. When was the last time all of our team was active???

Can be? He is a huge loss if he can't play, he is our best player besides Jalen. I wouldn't count on the others filling in for what he brings to the table.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Assuming Alterique doesn’t play tomorrow, I think we may see Smith take more of a playmaking role. Driving and kicking is something he can do well enough, but lately he’s been playing the 3 and hasn’t had to do much playmaking in conference play. He’s the guy who will need to step up the most in Gilbert’s absense.
So the board has been all like: "We need to get the ball back in Jalen's hands..." Then Gilbert has to miss a game and the answer is to rely on Smith's play making ability?

Reaction Score
So the board has been all like: "We need to get the ball back in Jalen's hands..." Then Gilbert has to miss a game and the answer is to rely on Smith's play making ability?
Well we’ve seen what happens when you ask Jalen to be the primary ballhandler and scorer the previous two years. There’s got to be some balance. There can’t be only one player capable of handling the ball on the floor IMO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well we’ve seen what happens when you ask Jalen to be the primary ballhandler and scorer the previous two years. There’s got to be some balance. There can’t be only one player capable of handling the ball on the floor IMO.
Fair enough, I guess, but Smith is where the ball goes to die. Jalen is the better choice.

Reaction Score
Fair enough, I guess, but Smith is where the ball goes to die. Jalen is the better choice.
I agree. Smith can handle the ball better than Vital but the point guard responsibilities need to fall on Jalen. Hopefully smith steps up and doesn't force bad shots on offense. Brendan Adams is going to have to contribute too.

Reaction Score
If Diarra has to replace Gilbert in our scheme, Houston we have got a problem.
Did anyone else laugh when they read John and Zac's UConn Daily newsletter this morning?

Assuming all players return, Akok and oft-injured Mamadou Diarra could both technically take time in the pivot next year, but neither is what we would call a center. Akok is more of a stretch-four while Diarra also lacks bulk, size, strength and skill.

So what do they think he's good for? Lol

Reaction Score
Did anyone else laugh when they read John and Zac's UConn Daily newsletter this morning?

Assuming all players return, Akok and oft-injured Mamadou Diarra could both technically take time in the pivot next year, but neither is what we would call a center. Akok is more of a stretch-four while Diarra also lacks bulk, size, strength and skill.

Kind of Sloppy reporting. Since he played Center for us 2 years ago and held his own. He does have strength and skill. He lacks Size and bulk though he had a good built for someone his height. Ideally he would be the 4 man but might have to play some 5 next year if we don't get anyone. I can't believe we can't find any backup center for next year.

Reaction Score

We have to get a freaking big man! That’s all I have to say.

Reaction Score

They left out the shot knees part.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Motor!

Reaction Score
Diarra is just getting back himself. He doesn't have his "sea legs" under him yet. If he can play 8-10 minutes, box out and rebound then Yay!! Cobb is Cobb. He can't play defense for crap but if he too can rebound, kick to the guards and contribute 6-10 points then UConn might have a fighting chance. Adams is the best point guard of the remaining guards. Smith and Jalen need to switch on and off in an effort to try and keep the Knights off guard. Vital needs to be hot, Brendan needs to be solid and mistake free. Carlton and Wilson need to crash the boards but most importantly, STAY OUT OF FOUL TROUBLE!! If the Huskies want any chance at a NCAA bid they need to win out and Thursday is the next rung on the ladder to climb their way out of the hole they put themselves in before Christmas.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Right now, MD at the minimum is 5 more fouls. At most, he rebounds at a high volume in 5-10 minutes.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Have you ever seen someone react to getting the wind knocked out of them? You'd think they'd be out for the season but most often are back in the game in under 10 minutes. Initial reactions, either indicating pain or not, aren't reliable.
I played 10 years of football. Iv seen guys get leveled and bounce back up. But most of the time when a guy screams in pain it’s bad.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I played 10 years of football. Iv seen guys get leveled and bounce back up. But most of the time when a guy screams in pain it’s bad.

How many of them have had 3 prior shoulder injuries and just came off of two major surgeries that kept them out back to back seasons? And clearly tweaked said joint in the process?

It's got nothing to do with how hard your hit. It's shock.

Reaction Score
So, bottom line, nobody knows nothing about AG's health right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom