2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Josh and company do a great job of covering Philly area high school hoops.

He sounds like a bigger Kemba. Driven and talented but not because it was easy or handed to him, just like Kemba.
Let us hope for his sake (and ours) he isn't swayed by the hype around Kentucky.

Reaction Score
He sounds like a bigger Kemba. Driven and talented but not because it was easy or handed to him, just like Kemba.
Let us hope for his sake (and ours) he isn't swayed by the hype around Kentucky.
What hype does Kentucky have right now? Their entire fanbase has turned against Squid

Reaction Score
I believe Ahmad is on Team Final so should be able to watch on NBA TV

You are correct, Nowell plays on a loaded Team Final squad that features four top-75 prospects in the '24 class:

Jalil Bethea - 18th
Robert Wright - 33rd - Baylor
Ahmad Nowell - 35th
Thomas Sorber - 63rd - Georgetown

Not sure if I can watch live, but I'll definitely record. Thanks for the heads up, @Storrs South!

Reaction Score
What hype does Kentucky have right now? Their entire fanbase has turned against Squid
Kentucky has the good NBA guard narrative right now. The list is really quite impressive these days (Booker, Maxey, Fox, Murray, Shai are 5 of the 10 or so most valuable guards in the league).

Reaction Score
Finally caught up with yesterday's game. Loved what Oglesby had to say about Nowell:

Ahmad Nowell is a pit bull at the point guard spot. A guy that the teammates rally around.

Some of my observations:
  • Right off the bat, a defensive rebound followed by the laser half-court pass to a cutting James Moore. A Jacksonian pass.
  • Interesting to see him play in a two-PG starting lineup with 6'0 Baylor commit Rob Wright. A particular play I liked is when Nowell feigned penetration and then kicked out from ~18 feet at the top of the key to Wright for a made three. Hid his intentions really well.
  • Another play later in the 1st, the offensive board kicked out to Nowell at the top of the key, where Nowell penetrated with pace and fired a bullet to
  • In three games, Nowell has a 21:6 assist to turnover ration. Love it.
  • I love his focus and determination on defense. Capable of fighting through screens, very strong frame for an undersized guard. Good instincts and I expect Hurley will love coaching up his defense.
  • Even though he was 1-4 from 3, pull up jumper not bad form.
Overall, it was my first time watching a full game of Nowell and it's clear: sign me up.

On offense, his smarts/vision/poise/decision matking/athleticism is a great foundation to build on improving his jump shot while I'm a fan of his defensive instincts. Great motor...just an easy kid to root for.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Finally caught up with yesterday's game. Loved what Oglesby had to say about Nowell:

Ahmad Nowell is a pit bull at the point guard spot. A guy that the teammates rally around.

Some of my observations:
  • Right off the bat, a defensive rebound followed by the laser half-court pass to a cutting James Moore. A Jacksonian pass.
  • Interesting to see him play in a two-PG starting lineup with 6'0 Baylor commit Rob Wright. A particular play I liked is when Nowell feigned penetration and then kicked out from ~18 feet at the top of the key to Wright for a made three. Hid his intentions really well.
  • Another play later in the 1st, the offensive board kicked out to Nowell at the top of the key, where Nowell penetrated with pace and fired a bullet to
  • In three games, Nowell has a 21:6 assist to turnover ration. Love it.
  • I love his focus and determination on defense. Capable of fighting through screens, very strong frame for an undersized guard. Good instincts and I expect Hurley will love coaching up his defense.
  • Even though he was 1-4 from 3, pull up jumper not bad form.
Overall, it was my first time watching a full game of Nowell and it's clear: sign me up.

On offense, his smarts/vision/poise/decision matking/athleticism is a great foundation to build on improving his jump shot while I'm a fan of his defensive instincts. Great motor...just an easy kid to root for.
Loved the write up.

Want the kid at UConn.

Damn near barfed reading 21:6.

Reaction Score
Still hearing uconn is in the driver seat..
Don’t do this to us again. :)
Hopefully not this car…
Season 6 Car Over Cliff GIF by ABC Network

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not close to being over but they’re doing everything right. Hope it‘s enough.
This sounds way more somber than your insinuation awhile ago he’s ours or Kentuckys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom