2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There’s not going to be any “surprise” announcement dropped with this one, meaning it’s not just going to show up on twitter or instagram without a whole set-up.

Also, Nowell is at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Orlando this week and then he goes right into Peach Jam. I know these guys are young and want to ball, but these schedules can be a lot.

Reaction Score
There’s not going to be any “surprise” announcement dropped with this one, meaning it’s not just going to show up on twitter or instagram without a whole set-up.

Also, Nowell is at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Orlando this week and then he goes right into Peach Jam. I know these guys are young and want to ball, but these schedules can be a lot.
Hurley and staff are putting on the full court press. Watched him in Philly this past weekend and now at the NBPA Top 100 Camp watching him again. Reel him in!

UConn’s Dan Hurley and Luke Murray are currently watching four-star guard Ahmad Nowell.

Reaction Score
Hurley and staff are putting on the full court press. Watched him in Philly this past weekend and now at the NBPA Top 100 Camp watching him again. Reel him in!

UConn’s Dan Hurley and Luke Murray are currently watching four-star guard Ahmad Nowell.

Word i heard is uconn priority

Reaction Score
If I'm Hurley I'm making it abundantly clear that Ahmad's style of play will not work at UK. He is not made for Cal's dribble-drive motion at all. He'll do better in a system like ours with more reads and structure.
Seems like we are fully in the driver’s seat here. Decision date relative to Visit, the work the staff is putting in to follow him around, lack of other visits. Hopefully will be a good start to the class, and then Howard will follow suit.

Reaction Score
I think that’s the four for our best combo of talent and within a decent realm of possibility.

Love all four of them and that’s four guys who probably finish their senior years ranked in that 20-70 sweet spot, with perhaps Betsey the one who can push even higher.

But like others here I trust whoever Hurley brings in.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I wonder how long Betsey and Nowell will wait. It looks like Castle is more than likely one and done. If he and UConn look good early, I think these guys will see opportunity and exposure. Coupled with a staff that will make you better and be honest with you about the draft. I really think if Hurley put his needs first, he could have convinced Andre to stay. It will be interesting to see how Castle develops defensively and also how he looks as a shooter. But if we show we can succeed with one or two five star one and done players just kicks us up another notch for recruiting.

Reaction Score
I wonder how long Betsey and Nowell will wait. It looks like Castle is more than likely one and done. If he and UConn look good early, I think these guys will see opportunity and exposure. Coupled with a staff that will make you better and be honest with you about the draft. I really think if Hurley put his needs first, he could have convinced Andre to stay. It will be interesting to see how Castle develops defensively and also how he looks as a shooter. But if we show we can succeed with one or two five star one and done players just kicks us up another notch for recruiting.
Norwell already said he’s committing after Peach Jam. Which is 7/3-7/9.

Reaction Score
Incredible and moving story inside twitter post about his growing up and his mom. We have to get that young man (and his mom of course).

Yeah, you’re right, I guess some people don’t click through to the link.

Reaction Score
Yeah, you’re right, I guess some people don’t click through to the link.

Hard to say who clicks through and who doesn't.. Always appreciate the stories about family influences such as his Mom.. She is one strong lady..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom