2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 12 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ahmad not taking UK visit according to interview with Kentucky Insider…

There’s someone close to him that very much wants it to happen. My thoughts on this recruitment, and knowing some of the Team Final/Imhotep people and their associates, have always been go where you’ve been shown to be a priority. However you want to spin it after the fact is fine.

Reaction Score
Ahmad not taking UK visit according to interview with Kentucky Insider…

Tell me about your relationship with UConn.​

I like their culture at UConn, and definitely how many championships they got. They’re definitely winners, and where I come from I like to win. So, that’s a big thing.

Do you have any more visits to take?​

No, I think I’m done.

Ahmad Nowell has only visited Tennessee and UConn among his final schools. His decision will be interesting nonetheless when the time comes. He has had a good week at Peach Jam impacting in other areas than scoring.

Reaction Score
This sounds way more somber than your insinuation awhile ago he’s ours or Kentuckys.

I honestly wasn’t going for somber… I just get all keyed up at this point in the recruitment process. It’s right there for the taking, and you can see the plan developing based on the feedback they’re getting,

I know the ‘23 recruiting class’s nickname took some hits, but I love the continuing trend of having these recruits look ahead to what could be even before all the decisions are made,

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I honestly wasn’t going for somber… I just get all keyed up at this point in the recruitment process. It’s right there for the taking, and you can see the plan developing based on the feedback they’re getting,

I know the ‘23 recruiting class’s nickname took some hits, but I love the continuing trend of having these recruits look ahead to what could be even before all the decisions are made,
All good. Odds seem to be improving with him not taking any more visits, and committing after peach jam. Let’s hope this winner ends up in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Almost posted earlier today if there is no Kentucky OV.. We're good.. As we've seen before.. Sometimes guys just want the Kentucky or Duke offer for feeling legit.. Like our chances.. Let's do this.

Reaction Score
Tennessee still concerns me in this recruiting battle. He is from Tennessee and they have the deep NIL pockets.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah if there’s no Kentucky in the picture I can’t see us losing this one.

Reaction Score
Tennessee still concerns me in this recruiting battle. He is from Tennessee and they have the deep NIL pockets.
Seems like it should be winnable to recruit against Tennessee. They haven't had a lottery pick in over 20 years, despite having 5 5*s in the last 3 seasons (none drafted in top 20 or seriously in an NBA rotation). Barnes hasn't gotten past the Sweet 16 in 15 years, since DJ Augustin was a sophomore. And recently they've been playing a really unappealing style of ball.

Now I get that it's silly to say it's easy to recruit against a team that has landed 5 5*s in the previous 3 seasons, but we're perhaps uniquely qualified at the moment to do so (with recent championship, lottery picks, and rising coach with an exciting scheme).

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Seems like it should be winnable to recruit against Tennessee. They haven't had a lottery pick in over 20 years, despite having 5 5*s in the last 3 seasons (none drafted in top 20 or seriously in an NBA rotation). Barnes hasn't gotten past the Sweet 16 in 15 years, since DJ Augustin was a sophomore. And recently they've been playing a really unappealing style of ball.

Now I get that it's silly to say it's easy to recruit against a team that has landed 5 5*s in the previous 3 seasons, but we're perhaps uniquely qualified at the moment to do so (with recent championship, lottery picks, and rising coach with an exciting scheme).
I don’t think there’s any coach that’s done less with more than Rick Barnes.

He couldn’t get to a sweet 16 with got damn Kevin Durant. He’s terrible.

Reaction Score

He has some Tennessee connections, and he and his family have leaned on those resources at times when necessary, but he is one hundred percent a Philly kid (which, if it’s not obvious, makes him an immediate personal favorite).

Reaction Score
Have watched a few of his Peach Jam games.. Been very impressed with his ball security/efficiency. .Making the right pass instead of the highlight pass that may not convert to an assist. Result-- Low turnovers and happy teammates/buckets.. Also is a very confident FT shooter.. Can see him being automatic at crunch time at FT line.. Love his floor game combined with his strong D..

Reaction Score
He has some Tennessee connections, and he and his family have leaned on those resources at times when necessary, but he is one hundred percent a Philly kid (which, if it’s not obvious, makes him an immediate personal favorite).
Someone needs to tell South Jerseyans that Philly is in PA. :)

Reaction Score
Have watched a few of his Peach Jam games.. Been very impressed with his ball security/efficiency. .Making the right pass instead of the highlight pass that may not convert to an assist. Result-- Low turnovers and happy teammates/buckets.. Also is a very confident FT shooter.. Can see him being automatic at crunch time at FT line.. Love his floor game combined with his strong D..
100% great breakdown.
Staff loves the kid. High ceiling and listens. Also a gym rat... staff is all over

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Tell that to Christopher Moltisanti and Paulie Walnuts.
1688752160698.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog