ACC Tournament | Page 5 | The Boneyard

ACC Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As putrid as Duke's play was, ND only beat 'em by 6. Wow! Speaks volumes about both teams.

Hard to roll in every game. Did you forget about UConn's tourney games against A&M, Stanford, and BYU from last year?

Reaction Score
Hard to roll in every game. Did you forget about UConn's tourney games against A&M, Stanford, and BYU from last year?

Nope. You? Very tough games, but UConn beat A&M by 19, Stanford by 19, and BYU by 15. Not by 6 points! Considering the quality opposition, I'd say that's rolling.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nope. You? Very tough games, but UConn beat A&M by 19, Stanford by 19, and BYU by 15. Not by 6 points!Considering the quality opposition, I'd say that's rolling.

Those were all at times ugly, frustrating games for the most part. BYU was nothing special and they had the lead 4 minutes into the second half. Sure, UConn eventually pulled away but that was a special team. This year's Duke and ND squads aren't of the same quality.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is it me or is Duke in real trouble of not seeing the Sweet 16?

If Duke hosts.. i expect them to make the sweet 16........ as terrible as Duke is.... they only lost 1 game all year at home... and that was the one pt lost to South Carolina. If Duke doesnt get to host..... they wont make the Sweet 16.

Oh damn. Can you get your money back?

20 bucks for two games.... plus getting the chance to see Coach Ivey in her stunning outfit.... and Natalie A glammed up .... Im not gonna complain too much :cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gonna be interesting to see who the neutral fans pull for today. I would think that it will be a pro FSU crowd today. Go Noles!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I mention the AA's b/c it starts there. It begins with sustained recruiting. No, we do not have the 1-2 punch of which you speak, year end and year out. However, I believe we are close. We are getting there.

If I have to eat crow when 2016 is said and done I will. For now, I contend we will get a another piece of what we need in 2016.
No crow necessary. But am genuinely curious - which of the top players is L'ville still a player for?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Craziest thing just happened... In walks the unc cheat squad donned in their warm-ups. . They took their seats and I guess they will be staying to watch the game

Reaction Score
I see them. I'm here in my UConn championship tee. Certainly routing for FSU! Hoping for a competitive game. Go Huskies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's a question - IF (and that's a big IF) ND loses, do they drop to a 2 seed and Tenn and SC both get 1 seeds? I think if Maryland loses, that happens for sure, but I wonder about ND. For that reason i'm rooting for them to win. I want Tenn as the 2 seed in our region.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ericsandiego said:
Here's a question - IF (and that's a big IF) ND loses, do they drop to a 2 seed and Tenn and SC both get 1 seeds? I think if Maryland loses, that happens for sure, but I wonder about ND. For that reason i'm rooting for them to win. I want Tenn as the 2 seed in our region.

No according to Antonelli. The announcers discussed this yesterday. They said Uconn and ND and South Carolina have #1s locked up. It's the 4th one that will be the question.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Excuse me whilst I complain a bit.........

Why oh why did we quit recruiting turner. I would have had her any day over Wilson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Excuse me whilst I complain a bit....Why oh why did we quit recruiting turner. I would have had her any day over Wilson.
That's a fair question. IIRC I think (and this is just guesses based on things I read) that maybe she lost interest in UCONN, and part of that was UCONN simply stopped recruiting her. A guess - Geno felt that the things he saw indicated she was not the UCONN-type of player he wanted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I still think FSU is capable of making the final 4.... as long as they arent in the same region as UCONN or ND.

I see them. I'm here in my UConn championship tee. Certainly routing for FSU! Hoping for a competitive game. Go Huskies.

Well the game wasnt competitive..... but the real question is.... did you catch a T-shirt this weekend? :p If I would have been standing up, I would have caught two today... but alas.. I was sitting down and all i got were a few fingernails in the shoulder from a (probable) UNC fan who snatched a t-shirt right behind me. :oops:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's a fair question. IIRC I think (and this is just guesses based on things I read) that maybe she lost interest in UCONN, and part of that was UCONN simply stopped recruiting her. A guess - Geno felt that the things he saw indicated she was not the UCONN-type of player he wanted.
Not a UConn-type player? Why do people keep saying this stuff?

I don't think she was ever interested in UConn so Geno didn't waste his time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

I don't think she was ever interested in UConn so Geno didn't waste his time.
Maybe that's the reason we stopped recruiting her then. There have been players who have been crossed off the list either by the coaches, or the team. I think people "keep making those comments" because they are true. Not necessarily about Turner, but about many players that UCONN looks at.

On the Geno show just a month ago, Geno specifically spent several minutes talking about how he stops recruiting some kids because of their parents. This was right after the time Calhoun said she as leaving Duke. Now, no one can specifically say he as talking about any single player, but the timing of it led people to believe he was talking about Calhoun. Same thing with regards to either Reimer or Mavunga - Geno went to see one of them play (I think it was one of them) and a week later he said something along the lines of "we don't recruit lazy post players".

So maybe I got it wrong specifically about Turner, but there are many examples of Geno and UCONN deciding NOT to recruit a kid who "doesn't fit the UCONN mold". Lastly, even Geno and CD have been quoted as saying that the pool of players who are "UConn material" grows smaller and smaller over time. These are their words, not mine.

Reaction Score
I still think FSU is capable of making the final 4.... as long as they arent in the same region as UCONN or ND.

Well the game wasnt competitive..... but the real question is.... did you catch a T-shirt this weekend? :p If I would have been standing up, I would have caught two today... but alas.. I was sitting down and all i got were a few fingernails in the shoulder from a (probable) UNC fan who snatched a t-shirt right behind me. :oops:

I did get a tee shirt. Wasn't standing, but it hit me in the head! Overall my wife and I had a lot of fun at our first ACC. But very disappointed in the number of competitive games. Will go back next year though. UVA should be better, with all starters returning and some tall recruits.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I did get a tee shirt. Wasn't standing, but it hit me in the head! Overall my wife and I had a lot of fun at our first ACC. But very disappointed in the number of competitive games. Will go back next year though. UVA should be better, with all starters returning and some tall recruits.

I was there friday-sunday... with the exception of the Miami-ND game........ and yes their weren't many competitive games. Obviously thursdays upsets had an affect on the friday games...... Syracuse/Duke and Pitt/FSU would have made for more exciting games. I expected more out of FSU yesterday as well.

Next year's tourney should be great...... if you look at the number of senior's graduating and the incoming recruiting classes/players returning from injury. ND, Duke, UNC_cheat, Syracuse, NC State, Ga Tech, FSU will be better..... Louisville loses 5 seniors but gets a great incoming class. Miami might be better.... and UVA should be as well.

Reaction Score

Because Geno seems to allude to it whenever he is questioned about recruiting? That's what recruiting is all about isn't it? We want you to come to 'where ever u' because we think you are our type of player/person'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom