ACC Tournament | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ACC Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Is it me or is Duke in real trouble of not seeing the Sweet 16?

I think Duke Women's program is just in trouble period. Losing to a Notre Dame team that is not looking all that great today either.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This game is a total crap sandwich.

At least you are at home and have the option to turn the channel. Some of us are here in the stands

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here's Duke's main problem (they have many including a mostly inept head coach). Their players simply can't put the basketball in the hoop. They miss from everywhere. layups, mid range, 3 ball. It goes back to Geno's comments - he won't recruit a kid no matter how athletic if they simply cannot put the ball in the basket. And Duke is filled with a team full of players like that.

Also, they aren't smart enough players and aren't taught team ball enough to avoid taking high degree of difficulty shots. Several times players attempted reverse layups under the basket. While Tuck for UCONN makes those 9 times out of 10, the Duke players were either blocked, or missed them. Just bad decision making and poor BBIQ. McCallie has kids who don't have good fundamentals, have trouble finishing in traffic, and she doesn't teach them team ball.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Fsu is running Louisville off the court. The cards are tired from last night. Walz called three timeouts in about a two minute stretch

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Louisville is getting thumped 31-9

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
At least you are at home and have the option to turn the channel. Some of us are here in the stands
images

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Triad or Carm or any other Duke friends - sorry for your loss this afternoon.

I have a question. I was surprised by Greenwell's play - at times she just sometimes seemed like a bull in a china store, just trying to bowl her way through defenders. Was this typical of her play throughout the year?

Reaction Score
Triad or Carm or any other Duke friends - sorry for your loss this afternoon.

I have a question. I was surprised by Greenwell's play - at times she just sometimes seemed like a bull in a china store, just trying to bowl her way through defenders. Was this typical of her play throughout the year?
At times yes. I think its more of a frustration thing since really her and Kalia are our only guards, so when opposing coaches gameplan against Duke guards they're essentially coming up with a gameplan on stopping her. I think you see a different Greenwell next year with two top point guards coming in.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Duke-ND semi. Ugliest half of basketball I've seen. Wow.

I switched between this game and the men's Pitt/Florida State affair. I don't really want to call it a game because it was just as ugly during the short time I watched. The best part was listening to Kara Lawson's color commentary.

Eventually I went downstairs to do finish up working on the taxes.

Reaction Score
Don't look now, but Louisville is getting back in the game.
Only down 5.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Triad!!

What's happening there?? Last time I looked it was 32-9

Reaction Score
Louisville with 29-8 run to get within 2, 45-43. Now 48-43, 8:18 left.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
L'ville turned up the defense, FSU suddenly treated the ball like a hot potato, and just bad offense on FSU's part. they seem to have righted the ship a bit - 55-45 now, but just not a good 2nd half at all by FSU. Not overly impressed with them unfortunately...

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
I mention the AA's b/c it starts there. It begins with sustained recruiting. No, we do not have the 1-2 punch of which you speak, year end and year out. However, I believe we are close. We are getting there.

If I have to eat crow when 2016 is said and done I will. For now, I contend we will get a another piece of what we need in 2016.

Fair points Jenny, but I'm not talking about AA's. Tons of teams have them and it's not enough. To win a NC you need a Simms/Griner combo. Or a Stewie/Jefferson/Tuck combo. aTm is probably the only team to squeak out a NC when the stars aligned for them with only one true star in Danielle Adams. I'm not saying it can't happen but IMHO it will take more than Durr and Hines-Allen/Moore. Not when you have Nurse, Williams, Samuleson, Collier and Boykin in your way, not to mention Dangerfield who may end up as good as Jefferson when all is said and done...

IMHO Nurse, Samuelson and Collier are potentially legit 1st team AA players during their college careers. Probably Dangerfield as well. I'm not trying to downplay L'ville - I root for them - but I still don't think L'ville is landing as good players as UCONN, ND, Texas or Baylor at the moment. I think L'ville has pretty much always lacked a truly elite post player. Vails and Hammond are not it. Your freshman class of 5 is all wings and guards. Maybe one can play forward but at 6'0", not an elite post player. Current sophomore class has 6'1" Henderson. Junior class has 6'3" Walton. But you guys lack any size and while it may work on occasion, I have a hard time imagining a potential 6 game win streak in the NCAA's without some sort of elite post presence...

In the class of 2016, unless you land Cox, Holmes, McCoy or maybe Cierra Johnson, I don't see you adding the piece you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom