ACC Tournament | Page 3 | The Boneyard

ACC Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
UNC and Louisville headed to OT on a last second 3 pointer from freshman Jamie Cherry

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
triaddukefan said:
What the heck was that :mad:

I think the kids call it a "desperation heave"

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Way too many tar heels fans in this building

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Top 4 seeds hold true and move into ACC semi finals

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Tried reading the game thread on one of the Cards' boards but it was nothing but a complaint fest about the officiating. Same thing happened when they lost to FSU, ND, and Duke.

Final stats show NC was called for 5 more fouls and Louisville shot 8 more free throws.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Sluconn Husky said:
Tried reading the game thread on one of the Cards' boards but it was nothing but a complaint fest about the officiating. Same thing happened when they lost to FSU, ND, and Duke. Final stats show NC was called for 5 more fouls and Louisville shot 8 more free throws.

Honestly, as an unbiased observer and women's basketball fan, UNC had some arm hacks that wasn't called.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Honestly, as an unbiased observer and women's basketball fan, UNC had some arm hacks that wasn't called.

But they also got called for a couple that weren't fouls. After the methods emplyed in the Louisville upset of Baylor a couple of season's ago I don't think any Card fan should be complaining about physical play for another 3 years.

Given the theme of letting them play, the scores in these Tourney games have generally been down since it's tougher to hit a shot when you're getting tackled. Would like to see them go the other way and call it tighter.

Reaction Score
But they also got called for a couple that weren't fouls. After the methods emplyed in the Louisville upset of Baylor a couple of season's ago I don't think any Card fan should be complaining about physical play for another 3 years.

Given the theme of letting them play, the scores in these Tourney games have generally been down since it's tougher to hit a shot when you're getting tackled. Would like to see them go the other way and call it tighter.
Louisville should be one of the last teams to complain about physical play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Long day at the Coliseum yesterday.... the Louisville game made up for the FSU-VPI snoozefest. Its going to be interesting today to see how Louisville plays today. The game ended around 1030 last night......... so who knows what time they got back to their hotel and settled inn. Good for them that they play alot of players.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Long day at the Coliseum yesterday.... the Louisville game made up for the FSU-VPI snoozefest. Its going to be interesting today to see how Louisville plays today. The game ended around 1030 last night.... so who knows what time they got back to their hotel and settled inn. Good for them that they play alot of players.
Agreed. Walz has done a nice job. L'ville is a team that has never really challenged UCONN (like Duke lately) and it seems that both teams are just bad matchups vs. UCONN. I want to say L'ville is just one player away from being a serious NC contender, but they've made the NC game without a cast of all americans. They rode Shoni Schimmell to a pair of NC appearances, and now they have Durr coming in but I still think they need a player like KML, Stewie or Tuck (or Turner/Wilson) in addition to Durr if they really want to be in elite category like UCONN and ND.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Agreed. Walz has done a nice job. L'ville is a team that has never really challenged UCONN (like Duke lately) and it seems that both teams are just bad matchups vs. UCONN. I want to say L'ville is just one player away from being a serious NC contender, but they've made the NC game without a cast of all americans. They rode Shoni Schimmell to a pair of NC appearances, and now they have Durr coming in but I still think they need a player like KML, Stewie or Tuck (or Turner/Wilson) in addition to Durr if they really want to be in elite category like UCONN and ND.

We're gonna get there, mark my words.
Moore had the worst game of her collegiate career last night, but that is so highly unusual for her. Between Hines-Allen, Moore, and the cast coming in next year (Durr and company) we are going to have the supporting cast to make that run, and reach the next level.
I feel confident the class of 2016 is going to bring in at least one 5star recruit, T5 player, to continue surrounding the team with elite players.

The current senior class landed Louisville their first, and second, McD AA in Hammond and Smith. That is 2 players in the history of the program. This freshman class added 2 more to that total (Hines-Allena nd Moore), for a combined 4 in the history for the program. Next years class adds 3 McD AA's (Durr, Cole and Fuehring). Bringing the total to 7 in the history of the program. The recruiting trajectory is on the rise. I firmly believe Walz and Co. will get us there. Sustaining the recruiting effort year after year, which is what Walz is currently doing, we will get there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Glad to see that Duke are wearing their black jerseys today.. Hope that's a good omen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Fair points Jenny, but I'm not talking about AA's. Tons of teams have them and it's not enough. To win a NC you need a Simms/Griner combo. Or a Stewie/Jefferson/Tuck combo. aTm is probably the only team to squeak out a NC when the stars aligned for them with only one true star in Danielle Adams. I'm not saying it can't happen but IMHO it will take more than Durr and Hines-Allen/Moore. Not when you have Nurse, Williams, Samuleson, Collier and Boykin in your way, not to mention Dangerfield who may end up as good as Jefferson when all is said and done...

IMHO Nurse, Samuelson and Collier are potentially legit 1st team AA players during their college careers. Probably Dangerfield as well. I'm not trying to downplay L'ville - I root for them - but I still don't think L'ville is landing as good players as UCONN, ND, Texas or Baylor at the moment. I think L'ville has pretty much always lacked a truly elite post player. Vails and Hammond are not it. Your freshman class of 5 is all wings and guards. Maybe one can play forward but at 6'0", not an elite post player. Current sophomore class has 6'1" Henderson. Junior class has 6'3" Walton. But you guys lack any size and while it may work on occasion, I have a hard time imagining a potential 6 game win streak in the NCAA's without some sort of elite post presence...

In the class of 2016, unless you land Cox, Holmes, McCoy or maybe Cierra Johnson, I don't see you adding the piece you need.

Reaction Score
Good to see Duke going with the zone early. No reason to attempt to win the game. Keep doing what hasn't worked. Over and over again.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Farney said:
Good to see Duke going with the zone early. No reason to attempt to win the game. Keep doing what hasn't worked. Over and over again.

I was gonna say, couldn't JPM try something once and at least see what happens

Reaction Score
Notre Dame's zone was shutting Duke down, so they switch to man two man ?????????????

Update: McGraw is reading this board and went back to a zone

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Is it me or does this game seem to be in slow motion

Reaction Score
Is it me or is Duke in real trouble of not seeing the Sweet 16?

Reaction Score
Duke-ND semi. Ugliest half of basketball I've seen. Wow.

as I have said all year, it is a very weak year- if Notre Dame is #2 it is a pathetic year

The two teams combined for : 16-57 FG - 4-20 3s and 22 turnovers in the first half. The 2nd half should be better - it could not get any worse

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This game is bowling shoe ugly.

ND not playing a good game but starting to pick it up a little.

This is sort of typical of this ND team. They consistently find ways to win but it doesn't always look pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom