6’4″ Versatile 2018 NY Frwd Danielle Cosgrove = Rising Star | Page 2 | The Boneyard

6’4″ Versatile 2018 NY Frwd Danielle Cosgrove = Rising Star

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
Trust ..... Charli is Legit STUD, and worthy of Top 5 ranking. just needs more film produced .
she also has proven herself some vs National comp and some better h.s. comp

but in her own right ... Danielle Cosgrove has top 25 caliber potential .
Her shooting capacity / range & low block package combination are def advanced for a 6'4" Soph. She also has above "solid" Mobility, Agility.
and I expect her to continue to add

a UConn fan could potentially entertain a vision of Collier & Cosgrove as a Post combo ... that could potentially complement each other well.

I know the Michigan staff has those early dreams . In early mix for both

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Trust ..... Charli is Legit STUD, and worthy of Top 5 ranking. just needs more film produced .

Her shooting capacity / range & low block package combination are def advanced for a 6'4" Soph. She also has above "solid" Mobility, Agility.

a UConn fan could potentially entertain a vision of Collier & Cosgrove as a Post combo ... that could potentially complement each other well.

Collier and Cosgrove. A good law firm ... and a winning team. ;)

Reaction Score

Come on Geno. Get on it!

I saw her on Youtube and was very impressed with her spin moves and her use of her left hand. Her three point shot looked so smooth and effortless and it looked like she caught the ball well in traffic and withstood getting banged around, still scoring. For a sophomore, she impressed. Her agility was outstanding, I thought! I can't believe what I saw was a three star performer. She looked far superior to that!

Reaction Score
What's not to like?

Low post moves, shoots either left or right down low, 3 point shot, can handle the rock, shot blocking ability.

While watching the video, I saw a little bit of Big Mama Stef on the block. Very similar moves.

Sign her up now!!!!!!!
She seems to be appreciably quicker than Stef was, particularly prior to coming to UConn. She appears to move much more smoothly, especially with the ball in her hands. I think she'd be great playing in Storrs, assuming normal development from this point on.

Reaction Score
I can't see any reason not to go for her. We've had such a poor record on the big kids lately. We have to start offering the younger kids earlier. That's the trend now. Go for her Geno!

Reaction Score
Didn't Nicole Kaczmarski go Sachem East? Remember her from the HS Class of 1999? She went to UCLA, then transferred to Georgia and had the horrible father? She really could have been something.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cosgrove much like Breanna wants to play for UConn. I little birdie told me.
I have heard chirpings "probably" from the same "birdies" about Cosgrove and UCONN. Also heard that she is poised to show out and elevate her stock significantly this spring/summer based on private workouts.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Given Coach Kim Barnes Arico's past (she's a Suffolk County girl and, of course, the former St. Johns' coach) and present connections to the Long Island and metro-NYC area, that interest does not surprise me. Her most recent recruit from this area to UMich was Boogie Brozoski out of Long Island Lutheran. And, in New Jersey, she grabbed the Mabrey's Manasquan High running mate, Katelynn Flaherty, who just set the season scoring record out there as a sophomore.

They've got a pretty good freshman center out there now...Hallie Thome, a 6'5" who showed some very nice post moves in the games I saw.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
ucbart - Nicole Kaczmarski played at Sachem North

Incredible talent for a female player (esp. back then ).
comfortably had lift off ground for jumpshots like a guy. made body control, acrobatic finishes like a guy. pullup jumpshots from every spot within 22 feet whenever she wanted

flat out SHAME a foot injury & personal turmoil derailed what could have been one of the great WBB careers.
beautiful girl & very sweet. great with kids

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Danielle will not be a 3-star recruit when evaluations become more fleshed out. She has size and skills.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
I am friends with Coach Walz

told him about Danielle a few months ago . didn't take him very long to Offer

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Most of us like Jeff. We poke fun at his plaid (Italian tablecloth) shirts and recruiting in large numbers. He's done a good job at Louisville. I hope the folks in Knoxville can't entice him to move.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Articulate and cute. Introduce her to Lou.

Damn, Jeff Walls casts a wide net! My granddaughter turns 1 next month. Dad is 6'4" and Mom is 5'10". I expect to see a birthday card with a Louisville Cardinal logo on it. :D
Walls? I know it's Walz. Damn autocorrect.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

Statements (and actions) like that could get you banned! :eek::rolleyes::)

Actually really happy you are becoming a fixture here. Please keep posting and bringing you knowledge to the board.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

It is post like these why we need a DISLIKE button! Seriously Coach is there a top 50 player in the next three classes that is not holding a offer from Louisville?

Reaction Score
Articulate and cute. Introduce her to Lou.

Damn, Jeff Walls casts a wide net! My granddaughter turns 1 next month. Dad is 6'4" and Mom is 5'10". I expect to see a birthday card with a Louisville Cardinal logo on it. :D

I was at a high school game a few years ago.....Walz was there watching then future recruit Sam Fuehring, I walked over and introduced my then 12 year old daughter to him telling him that she was a heck of a shooter...he was very gracious asked her full name and said that if she just keeps on shooting he'll be watching out for her.....

Reaction Score
I was at a high school game a few years ago.....Walz was there watching then future recruit Sam Fuehring, I walked over and introduced my then 12 year old daughter to him telling him that she was a heck of a shooter...he was very gracious asked her full name and said that if she just keeps on shooting he'll be watching out for her.....

The one part of the story I probably shouldn't have left out is that this particular basketball playing daughter (I have two) is physically challenged and was in a wheelchair when she met the coach......he really seems like a very nice guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom