2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Reaction Score
Didn’t they make a pre-Clark Elite 8 run with POTYGustafson in 2019 that would (presently) rank as their second best of recent times?
That's their best non-Clark season. Massey would have that 2019 team 15th in the country this year.

FWIW, this year's 8.99 is good enough to win a championship, though not usually good enough to be the best team. Our 2017 team was 8.91 and last year's LSU was 9.07

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's their best non-Clark season. Massey would have that 2019 team 15th in the country this year.

FWIW, this year's 8.99 is good enough to win a championship, though not usually good enough to be the best team. Our 2017 team was 8.91 and last year's LSU was 9.07

Thanks for posting that... I went down a rabbit hole and found some interesting and surprising stuff.

Reaction Score
The highest rated teams of all time are just:

Geno
Geno
Geno
Pat
Geno
Pat
Pat
Geno
Griner
Geno…
Looked at the all time ratings again after posting. Needs moar Geno.

Also looked at the men’s. See if you can tell when Kareem and Bill Walton were at UCLA.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    754.2 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    653.9 KB · Views: 38

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Looked at the all time ratings again after posting. Needs moar Geno.

Also looked at the men’s. See if you can tell when Kareem and Bill Walton were at UCLA.

3 of those women's teams didn't win it all. 2017 and 2018 UConn, and 1999 Tenn. On the men's side 1999 Duke and 1991 UNLV didn't win titles.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been posted yet in here

You’re a neutral party - is there any way Paige or Clark come back for their 5th season?

Fwiw, I don’t think Boston was 100% sure until after the Final Four. I think the frustration of the Midwest college stye officiating on the biggest stage was her tipping point.

Reaction Score
You’re a neutral party - is there any way Paige or Clark come back for their 5th season?

Fwiw, I don’t think Boston was 100% sure until after the Final Four. I think the frustration of the Midwest college stye officiating on the biggest stage was her tipping point.
Paige would be coming back for her fourth season, not her fifth.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I think Clark is gone. Bueckers will come back. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score
Splitting hairs. 5th year of college, fourth season of play.

Given her injury history, I think she definitely should go.
She has all but said she is coming back, would shock me if she changed her mind. Money is not an issue for her. I would come back if I were in her shoes. The WNBA is not the NBA, WCBB trumps the WNBA is almost every way.

Reaction Score

Every player is different. For Boston, I think she made the right move. She obviously has a game built for the WNBA and she had earned a NC in college. It was time for her and I think she knew it. As a SC fan, I guess I was hoping the sting of the last FF loss would bring her back for one more, but there was nothing left to prove in college for her, she needed a challenge and was ready. And it opened the door for the next generation at SC, it was time.

Reaction Score
Splitting hairs. 5th year of college, fourth season of play.

Given her injury history, I think she definitely should go.
Not splitting hairs at all. She has played 3 years of college basketball, after this season. Saying she will be playing her fifth year of college basketball is disingenuous.

Reaction Score
Excited for Sunday game between UConn and SC. I’m expecting a good game, contrary to many thoughts.

Reaction Score
She has all but said she is coming back, would shock me if she changed her mind. Money is not an issue for her. I would come back if I were in her shoes. The WNBA is not the NBA, WCBB trumps the WNBA is almost every way.
I understand why players would return, which is why there were whispers about Boston until she declared.

Generally neutral on it and say let the players decide whatever is best for them, but seeing Shea Ralph coach Vandy is what made me think “Bueckers really should go.” I hope she stays healthy, bc she’s grown into my fav UConn player since Maya Moore, but shared mutual friends with Maya and she played at a time we couldn’t dream of calling UConn a rival. PB made it there entirely through personality and perseverance.

Reaction Score
Not splitting hairs at all. She has played 3 years of college basketball, after this season. Saying she will be playing her fifth year of college basketball is disingenuous.
Ok.

“Is there any way Paige comes back for a 5th year of college in which she would likely play a 4th season of college basketball, though the latter is merely presumptive speculation?”

I’m glad you focused on this. All communication should be a series of negotiations about minutia rather than dialogue about readily understood meaning and intent. This is a good thing you should definitely continue to demand.

Reaction Score
Can’t help but think SC is so deep at the 4 spot with Kitts, Feagin and Edwards that it has to be tough trying to convince Strong to come to S.C. but what do I know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom