2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Can’t help but think SC is so deep at the 4 spot with Kitts, Feagin and Edwards that it has to be tough trying to convince Strong to come to S.C. but what do I know.
Strong wants to play on the outside.

Reaction Score

I wish this was a more trustworthy source. It is evident that Dawn thinks we still have a shot even though Strong’s “camp” has been particularly quiet about us.

It will get very interesting if she comes to Sunday’s game. If she’s by herself on an unofficial, she might be there because of her UConn interest. If Mom and Dad are other her, and sit behind our bench, it’s an official and my hopes will rise.

I’m like others, she has to be a bit skeptical when she looks at our depth at 4 with Joyce coming in. It’s pretty clear she doesn’t wanna play the 5. Is Dawn ready to use a 6-3 player at 3? Kiki did it some but not full time.

Sunday could have a bit more spice now.

While in me Friday night cups, I posted on the UConn board in the thread Three Things you want to see. (Strong, Mom, Das) It was a joke but might not be considered funny by the powers that be. If I don’t see y’all for the next five days or so, Go Cocks!

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I wish this was a more trustworthy source. It is evident that Dawn thinks we still have a shot even though Strong’s “camp” has been particularly quiet about us.

It will get very interesting if she comes to Sunday’s game. If she’s by herself on an unofficial, she might be there because of her UConn interest. If Mom and Dad are other her, and sit behind our bench, it’s an official and my hopes will rise.

I’m like others, she has to be a bit skeptical when she looks at our depth at 4 with Joyce coming in. It’s pretty clear she doesn’t wanna play the 5. Is Dawn ready to use a 6-3 player at 3? Kiki did it some but not full time.

Sunday could have a bit more spice now.

While in me Friday night cups, I posted on the UConn board in the thread Three Things you want to see. (Strong, Mom, Das) It was a joke but might not be considered funny by the powers that be. If I don’t see y’all for the next five days or so, Go Cocks!

We are 2 deep at the 4/5 position but we aren’t deep at all at the 3.;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I don't know how strongly she's considering the Gamecocks, but I definitely think she could play the 3 and backup the 4. Breezy will be a senior next year, so that would open the starting 3 for her as a sophomore.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Can’t help but think SC is so deep at the 4 spot with Kitts, Feagin and Edwards that it has to be tough trying to convince Strong to come to S.C. but what do I know.
I think the play for Dawn here is that they all bring something different… and they do. Watkins likely moves to the 5 next year… but between Feagin, Kitts, Edwards, and hypothetically Strong, they all bring something very different to the position. They are all completely different types of forwards.

Plus… Dawn runs a lot of stuff offensively through the 4 spot, so she will always seek variety there and go after the best players there. If Dawn recruits two positions the hardest, it’s going to be PG and PF.

Reaction Score
Bit of a letdown tbh. Instead of pushing it out to 30, team played sloppy the entire 4th Q and let UConn cut it to a flattering margin.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Bit of a letdown tbh. Instead of pushing it out to 30, team played sloppy the entire 4th Q and let UConn cut it to a flattering margin.
LOL exactly my thoughts. Was bummed UCONN cut the lead to under 20 on the last couple of possessions.

Reaction Score
Gamecocks win 83-65. A resounding statement win for the Gamecocks.

TeHina Paopao led the Gamecocks with 21 pts on 8-12 shooting from the floor, 5-7 from 3-pt. distance. Ashlyn Watkins stood in for Cardoso to score 15 pts on 7-12 shooting, with 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks, and 2 steals. Chloe Kitts added 14 pts on 7-11 shooting with 4 boards before fouling out. PG Raven Johnson added 10 pts on 4-10 shooting, a team-leading 12 rebounds, 5 assists to just 2 turnovers, and 2 steals.

CT's Aaliyah Edwards led the way with 20 pts on 8-12 shooting, with 12 boards, and 3 assists, and Paige Bueckers also scored 20 pts on 8-20 shooting, with 5 rebounds and 3 assists. Ashlynn Shade added 14 pts on 6-19 shooting.

The South Carolina bench out-scored CT's bench 19-3......

From 2013-2014 through 2018-19, Connecticut was 24-3 versus Top 10 ranked opponents in the regular season. 24-3! The 3 losses were @Standford in overtime, @Baylor, and @ Louisville.

Since then, Connecticut is now 5-10 versus such ranked opponents, with their loss today.

From 2013-14 through 2018-19, South Carolina was 12-14 versus Top 10 opponents in the regular season. Since, we are now 15-3 with our win today. The worm has definitely turned......

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Yeah, not bragging but that game had 30 point win written all over it. We were up by 27 at one point. Either way, good win. Love our team. Paige and Edwards are beast. I like Shade too. On to the next.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Congrats to the Gamecocks, Dawn, and the fans. I really value y’all’s contributions to the Boneyard, and any smack you talk is respectful and well-earned.

I buried the lede. The Washington Post has daily online chats. I dunno if they’re available to non-subscribers, but this Thursday at noon, A’ja will be the guest and will talk about her book “Dear Black Girls.”

I’ve never seen one of these, as work doesn’t allow it. If it was 8 weeks from now, I’d certainly be watching.

Reaction Score
What? So confused lol

He's posting about a post I made (I think) on another board: I was trying to say that with Randolph, Strong was one of two remaining prospects from the 2024 class that was yet to commit, and that Strong was at the game. But I forgot to add Strong's name to my post, which made the post seem to imply that the prospect I was saying was at our game, was Randolph. She wasn't, to my knowledge, and I corrected my post. So - no Randolph, but a Strong instead..... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom