2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2023-24 South Carolina regular season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wasn’t able to watch the game yesterday due to church responsibilities- though I semi- followed on gametracker. Hats off to Shea and Vandy for never giving up.

Milaysia was horrible again (statistically). Thought she had settled down the last three games after an earlier bad stretch but her stats were just plain bad. Was she close on everything or just gunning wildly!

Time for Dawn to shorten the leash or let her shoot through it?

Reaction Score
I think part of Fulwileys issue is that she feels the need to make a play time she gets in and is usually pulled quickly after her first stint. She usually settles in when put back in. Most shots yesterday hit the rim but there were maybe two airballs plus a couple of three point misses were at the end of quarters.

Yesterday was really sub par for the whole team minus Kamilla. You could tell they were tired.

There is no way they got back to columbia before 1 am on Friday and lost an hour in doing so. Then she had them practicing Friday and Saturday. I do not expect to see that same team on Thursday.

Reaction Score
I think the Coaching goal yesterday was to get up as many 3s as possible. PaoPao an Fulwiley were really off yesterday

Reaction Score
There was a lot of reserve time in that one and Fulwiley missed mostly open shots, which happens sometimes. Not saying they were all perfect decisions, but they weren't terrible shots either.

I agree that she feels pressure to do something for crowd and I really just want her to make effortless layups.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I agree; she's trying to entertain the crowd. She lives in Columbia and a lot of her friends and family are there. It's a lot of pressure for an 18 year old.

Reaction Score
Fulwiley will be ok, she just needs to settle down a little quicker when she first enters a game. She does put a lot of pressure on herself to make plays as mentioned above. She will learn to let the game come to her, it’s part of the learning curve for her.

Reaction Score
LOL long way to go, but Charlie Creme's latest bracketology is about the most * on your head and tell you it's raining I could imagine for Carolina. (Net ranking in parentheses)

2 UConn (3) in Albany 1
3 Texas (4)
4 Southern Cal (18)
5 North Carolina (32)
6 Notre Dame (10)

Meanwhile, NC State (9) in Albany 2 gets

2 UCLA (7)
3 Indiana (11)
4 LSU (12)
5 Oregon State (19)
6 Syracuse (42)

If you're telling me the NET has any value at all, what are you even doing with these seeds.

LINK

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
LOL long way to go, but Charlie Creme's latest bracketology is about the most * on your head and tell you it's raining I could imagine for Carolina. (Net ranking in parentheses)

2 UConn (3) in Albany 1
3 Texas (4)
4 Southern Cal (18)
5 North Carolina (32)
6 Notre Dame (10)

2 UCLA (7)
3 Indiana (11)
4 LSU (12)
5 Oregon State (19)
6 Syracuse (42)

If you're telling me the NET has any value at all, what are you even doing with these seeds.

LINK
Absolutely not for Albany 1. The current bracketology is Charlie’s dream scenario to get Iowa to the national title game again.

Reaction Score
Absolutely not for Albany 1. The current bracketology is Charlie’s dream scenario to get Iowa to the national title game again.
I've never seen a bracket projection where the #1 overall would and should prefer another 1 seed over the 2 and 3 in their own region. It's really remarkable.

If you asked me to rate each seedline from preferred draw to worst, I'd go:

Kansas State, Colorado, UCLA, UConn (in Albany)
Indiana, Louisville, Ohio State, Texas
Gonzaga, Virginia Tech, Southern Cal, LSU (can't be placed w us by seeding rules)
Oregon State, Utah, Baylor, North Carolina (particular to us, not nec overall quality)
Creighton, Washington State, Syracuse, Notre Dame

That's nuts. In every seed line that matters, he gave us the toughest possible draw. Did Lisa Bluder make this bracket for him?

Reaction Score

2 UConn (3) in Albany 1
3 Texas (4)
4 Southern Cal (18)
5 North Carolina (32)
6 Notre Dame (10)

2 UCLA (7)
3 Indiana (11)
4 LSU (12)
5 Oregon State (19)
6 Syracuse (42)

LINK

I'd much rather have our draw than NC State's. NC state has a much tougher path.

Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins had a career game, with 14 pts on 5-6 shooting, 15 rebounds, 5 blocks and 3 steals, in her first start as a Gamecock filling in for a sick Chloe Kitts.

Fulwiley added 15 pts on 6-13 shooting, with 2 boards, 2 steals and 1 block. Cardoso started off cold in the 1st half, but hit on her final 4 shots to finish with 13 pts on 5-11 shooting, with 6 boards and 3 blocks. Raven Johnson chipped in with 10 pts on 4-11 shooting, with 6 assists, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals.....

Gamecocks improve to 20-0, (8-0) on the season - their 13th consecutive 20th-win season......

Reaction Score
That was kindof an ugly performance, you can’t throw too much mud at a 20 pt road win. Ashlynn had kindof a coming out party with a double/double and five blocks.

Anybody know what had Chloe out?

Next up: conference #2 Ole Miss

Reaction Score
That was kindof an ugly performance, you can’t throw too much mud at a 20 pt road win. Ashlynn had kindof a coming out party with a double/double and five blocks.

Anybody know what had Chloe out?

Next up: conference #2 Ole Miss
She is Sick

Reaction Score
Dawn just said she is sick and alluded to stuff that just goes around this time of year

Reaction Score
The first half of today's game was odd. I felt like the refs were too happy with blowing the whistle and it hampered both teams from executing their plans. It didn't make it a fun game to watch.

Reaction Score
The first half of today's game was odd. I felt like the refs were too happy with blowing the whistle and it hampered both teams from executing their plans. It didn't make it a fun game to watch.
They brought wave after wave of 6-2 forwards and beat us on the boards in the first half. Evened out by the end. Neither teams guards could hit anything early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom