2017 Recruiting Thread | Page 50 | The Boneyard

2017 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Matt S is saying that at least 5 others including commits & those who were scheduled for OV's over next 2 weeks have gotten the same type of call. We can assume Byczko and Dickens are two.

Reaction Score
The decommits and pulling of scholarships is directly related to the shift in defensive philosophy being brought in by Crocker. Lets face it, Crocker knows these NJ and NE kids probably better than anybody on the current UConn staff as he has been recruiting the same crop of athletes while at Villanova. If Crocker did not offer these kids at Villanova, the Edsall would be crazy to fill scholarships for 4/5 years with kids. Dickens high shcool is an hour from Philly. I am sure Crocket has seen Dickens play in person.

Reaction Score
I am in no way a fan of this.

That said, I think Edsall looked at the roster and incoming class and said what a lot of us have been saying.....WTF are we doing with 20 kids who are 6'5"' 230 who might be TEs or DEs and probably too slow to be LBs.

I think Diaco screwed the pooch with recruiting and Edsall realizes we are way too SLOW.

Reaction Score
Do we want to be big time football or not? Every good team Does this

I'm not sure the majority of folks here are shocked about what goes on... it's just a story and something for discussion.

Reaction Score
David Pindell, a 6'1" JC QB has a recent twitter follow from both Lashlee and Edsall - No comparison to Lawson's film, but looks fast - would be a welcome mature addition to the depth chart - looks like Temple is also recruiting him.

David Pindell on Hudl

Also - Rhett is going in on BC commits - followed another 2 today - Caleb Stoneburner and Noah Jordan-Williams, I think he's following all of their commits at this point haha.

Reaction Score
David Pindell, a 6'1" JC QB has a recent twitter follow from both Lashlee and Edsall - No comparison to Lawson's film, but looks fast - would be a welcome mature addition to the depth chart - looks like Temple is also recruiting him.

David Pindell on Hudl

Also - Rhett is going in on BC commits - followed another 2 today - Caleb Stoneburner and Noah Jordan-Williams, I think he's following all of their commits at this point haha.

Yeah... I think some of the Twitter follows are for show/psychological/trolling @ this point @ times.(BC)

I'm really looking forward to next year's cycle.

Reaction Score
Yeah... I think some of the Twitter follows are for show/psychological/trolling @ this point @ times.

I'm really looking forward to next year's cycle.

LOL. I'll worry about next year's cycle the second week of February. For now, I'm worried about whether they can fix this year's class, and then look at the grad transfer market in the spring for 2 or 3 pieces of immediate need.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller:Ramblings from The Runway: Not exactly great PR for new UConn staff

>>Currently UConn is at 10 commitments for the current recruiting class including early enrollee Omar Fortt. Because of my women's basketball coverage responsibilities, I wasn't able to attend Walter Camp festivities over the weekend. I wanted to catch up with UConn commit Ryan Fitton who I noticed has been following plenty of staff members from Rutgers on Twitter. My colleague Sean Patrick Bowley caught up with Staples coach Marce Petroccio who confirmed that Fitton has been offered by Rutgers so it is a situation we will be monitoring. Also, UConn commit Dallas Hobbs recently was offered by Washington State so we'll see if there are changes to the number of committed players.

If my math is correct (and with the way Diaco gave out scholarships to walk-ons I could have missed a player or two now on scholarship) UConn should have 23 scholarships available. With 21 players on scholarship in the junior class, there shouldn't be a need to hold back scholarships to balance out the classes. Obviously these next couple of weeks are going to be interesting to say the least as an brand new staff is out pursuing prospects.<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Byczko now reporting to have a UMass offer. Looks like he'll get his shot at revenge on the field during our series.

Reaction Score
Chris Elmore is a 6-0 270lb DT from Philips High in Chicago Ill (Q. Skanes' alma mater). Current offers from Syracuse, Buffalo, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, FAU. Miami Ohio and Wyoming.

“Western Michigan is still there. They are still one of my top choices,” Elmore said. “Syracuse is in there and I’ll be taking a visit there this weekend, UConn has also gotten into the mix a little bit and I’ve been talking to their new coaching staff.

>>With UConn introducing new head coach Randy Edsall late last month, Elmore is just starting to familiarize himself with the Huskies, but a former teammate of his is already in Storrs. “I’ve talked to Quayvon (Skanes) about it and he loves it there,” Elmore said. “He is on a good road, so hopefully he will be playing a lot next year because he redshirted this past year.”<<

Junior Highlights - Chris Elmore

Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Have we started going after higher caliber players since Edsall and RL have gotten here? I mean guys with FBS offers.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Have we started going after higher caliber players since Edsall and RL have gotten here? I mean guys with FBS offers.
if they have offers from other FBS programs can we still pull their scholarships right before signing day?

Reaction Score
This weekend will tell a lot. Hope we see 5 commits at least. With only 2 recruit weekends left this should happen right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom