2016 Coaching Carousel Begins... | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Houston really have boosters that give enough for them to offer such an extension? In a time where we can't afford to fire our coach due to his $5 million buyout yet our conference mates, who aren't getting Big East money, are tossing money at their HC like it's nothing, I find it amazing. Before I believed they did this with the intent of getting Big 12 money soon. Now that that's gone, they are still blowing the bank with money they don't have (unless it's from boosters)
Interesting point UCF..... if Texas and LSU has big $$$ boosters, would think there would be big $$$ boosters in a big oil town like Houston!!!!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ed Orgeron and AD Joe Alleva met this morning to discuss Orgeron’s candidacy for the permanent head coaching job, per The Advocate, which adds that Orgeron is a "serious candidate," and Lane Kiffin is atop his list for potential offensive coordinators.

LSU interim coach Ed Orgeron remains serious candidate after meeting with AD Joe Alleva

Why would Kiffin go from Alabama OC to LSU OC? I can't imagine they would pay him more money.

I actually think Kiffin gets a big HC gig this year. Like TAMU or HC at LSU. Or even Oregon.

Reaction Score
Why would Kiffin go from Alabama OC to LSU OC? I can't imagine they would pay him more money.

People trying to connect dots based on relationships and needs for a strong OC ("Lane Kiffin, the offensive coordinator at Alabama and a good friend and former co-worker of Orgeron").

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
F!<k the arrogant Texas oil men for how they jerked Charlie strong around, God I hope they get hung out to dry!! Plus Herman would give LSU the shot in the ass they need

Reaction Score
Any word/rumors on UConn being linked to any potential assistant coaches for position gigs?

Reaction Score
Jerked hin around? The guy sucks. His 3 year record is terrible.

F!<k the arrogant Texas oil men for how they jerked Charlie strong around, God I hope they get hung out to dry!! Plus Herman would give LSU the shot in the ass they need

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
People trying to connect dots based on relationships and needs for a strong OC ("Lane Kiffin, the offensive coordinator at Alabama and a good friend and former co-worker of Orgeron").
Yeah I guess.

I still think Kiffin gets a HC gig.

Reaction Score
It was stupid, I agree, just fire the guy after the Kansas game or earlier. But he's getting a huge payout, so how is any of this really that disrespectful?

I don't like him at all, I'm glad to see him losing today to TCU. It was a terrible and desperate hire. Texas wanted Saban and ended up with Strong, what a disaster.

Regardless he's a human , we all deserve respect, basic friggin life skills

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
It was stupid, I agree, just fire the guy after the Kansas game or earlier. But he's getting a huge payout, so how is any of this really that disrespectful?

I don't like him at all, I'm glad to see him losing today to TCU. It was a terrible and desperate hire. Texas wanted Saban and ended up with Strong, what a disaster.
It's time for the Texas oil boys to fall on their faces, they meddle worst than papa George Steinbrenner

Reaction Score
Interesting, except a fair number of similarities exist in the arrogance of LSU's biggest alumni donors and other supporters. It may surprise some people, but a good chunk of LSU's big financial support comes from Texas residents and oil. Perhaps the Texas oil men who purportedly jerked Charlie Strong around aren't so different from people who purportedly jerked Les Miles around, burnt orange vs purple and gold.

Uconnalliance

Reaction Score
Interesting, except a fair number of similarities exist in the arrogance of LSU's biggest alumni donors and other supporters. It may surprise some people, but a good chunk of LSU's big financial support comes from Texas residents and oil. Perhaps the Texas oil men who purportedly jerked Charlie Strong around aren't so different from people who purportedly jerked Les Miles around, burnt orange vs purple and gold.
You learn something new every day, Herman strikes me as the guy who would tell you to FUNK OFF!! in about 2 seconds

Reaction Score
You learn something new every day, Herman strikes me as the guy who would tell you to FUNK OFF!! in about 2 seconds
But, he'll kiss you to make it all better. Not that there's anything wrong with kissing ...;)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Chip Brown ‏@ChipBrownHD 7m7 minutes ago
#Texas' Charlie Strong to be let go Saturday AM, then #UT Prez Greg Fenves to meet w/ Tom Herman, sources tell HD.

Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel 5m5 minutes ago
Sources just told me Charlie Strong will be dismissed tomorrow morning. @ChipBrownHD reported a minute ago...

Ross Dellenger@RossDellenger 7 mins ago
There it is. #LSU, UT to both meet with Herman on Saturday after the firing of Strong.
Wait I thought that Perrin and Fenves were going to "evaluate" Charlie....oops...they already did that..a few weeks ago! It will be interesting to see where Herman ends up. I will say this bout Tom Herman after seeing a ESPN reporter interview him today post-game..he has a really good poker face!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 1h1 hour ago
Ed Orgeron "blew away" #LSU decision-makers in a meeting Friday. He brought with him a massive binder detailing long-term plans.

#LSU will nail down and finalize Orgeron's contract this AM (expected around $3M/year) He will go after Lane Kiffin for his OC position.

Reports by @ChipBrownHD on Thursday were accurate, source confirms. #LSU was deep in talks w/Herman & school believes his camp leaked story.

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 30m30 minutes ago
#LSU leaders broke off communication at 5 a.m. w/Herman & his agent after they revealed their #Texas intentions.

Ed Orgeron to be named LSU's next head coach, sources say

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Lots of chatter about Strong and Cincinnati from a few journalists. Would be a great hire for Cincinnati and horrendous for UConn. We simply can't afford to fall further back from the AAC pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom