2016 Coaching Carousel Begins... | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2016 Coaching Carousel Begins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 24m24 minutes ago
Sources confirm Tom Herman is leaving Houston for Texas

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 11m11 minutes ago
One name a source says to watch in Houston search for new head coach: West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen. Was OC/QB coach at UH 2008-09

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 9m9 minutes ago
Houston defensive coordinator Todd Orlando and offensive coordinator Major Applewhite will also be considered for job, sources say

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 4m4 minutes ago
There is also a small faction that will ask Houston president Renu Khator to consider bringing back Art Briles, sources say

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 3m3 minutes ago
Other early candidates I'm being told: Cal's Sonny Dykes, Syracuse's Dino Babers and Tulsa's Phillip Montgomery. Wild card: Mike Leach

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 4 mins ago
Source says UH defensive coordinator Todd Orlando, offensive coordinator Major Applewhite have expressed interest & will be considered

Dennis Dodd@dennisdoddcbs 6 hours ago
Hearing Houston has hired Todd Turner for its search.

Former UConn AD Firm: Recent Searches | Collegiate Sports Associates

Potential coaching candidates for UH

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Higher standards then UConn

Did you miss the part where it said "four years at Nevada"?

They're basically doing what UConn will do in 365 days.

Reaction Score
Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 1h1 hour ago
Ed Orgeron "blew away" #LSU decision-makers in a meeting Friday. He brought with him a massive binder detailing long-term plans.

#LSU will nail down and finalize Orgeron's contract this AM (expected around $3M/year) He will go after Lane Kiffin for his OC position.

Reports by @ChipBrownHD on Thursday were accurate, source confirms. #LSU was deep in talks w/Herman & school believes his camp leaked story.

Ross Dellenger ‏@RossDellenger 30m30 minutes ago
#LSU leaders broke off communication at 5 a.m. w/Herman & his agent after they revealed their #Texas intentions.

Ed Orgeron to be named LSU's next head coach, sources say

Strong move by LSU/Coach to lock him down before Herman made play to grab him (previous relationship):

Locking him down: LSU defensive coordinator Dave Aranda agrees to new contract, associate head coach title, sources say

Nice insight into search (and cautionary tale about back channel nature of business): How wild Thanksgiving night transformed LSU coaching search, led to Ed Orgeron's promotion

Reaction Score
An interesting point from that article on a reason why Diaco is coming back - there's an unusually low amount of movement going on right now. Sure, there's some coordinators available around, but with almost no significant movement going on, there's very few candidates available to fill jobs. UH still has a move to make and if they somehow land one of the names that's been thrown out (Holgersen wtf) that could set off a few dominos. Kelly could still leave ND and that would undoubtedly set off a wave of movement, but there's not a lot of shift going on. How much that played into UConn's decision, probably not a lot, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a contributing factor.

Reaction Score
An interesting point from that article on a reason why Diaco is coming back - there's an unusually low amount of movement going on right now. Sure, there's some coordinators available around, but with almost no significant movement going on, there's very few candidates available to fill jobs. UH still has a move to make and if they somehow land one of the names that's been thrown out (Holgersen wtf) that could set off a few dominos. Kelly could still leave ND and that would undoubtedly set off a wave of movement, but there's not a lot of shift going on. How much that played into UConn's decision, probably not a lot, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a contributing factor.

While I don't necessarily think Holgerson is headed to UH, it is not unreasonable to believe that they could land a P5 Coach. 1) They will pay P5 Money. Their money men want a winner, and have no issues paying for one. 2)A head coach could recruit to UH on a bicycle. If you could land most of it, there is enough talent to field a top 25 team withing the city and surrounding areas. 3)It could potentially be easier to reach the playoff there than at somewhere like WVU. If UH does not lose to SMU or Memphis they would have an outside shot at 11-1. If they went undefeated this year they very likely would have been in.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 41m 41 minutes ago
Todd Orlando confirms he and OC Major Applewhite will interview for Houston job

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 40m 40 minutes ago
Todd Orlando on interest in becoming a head coach: ‘I believe I’m at that point.'

Joseph Duarte ‏@Joseph_Duarte 22m 22 minutes ago
Todd Orlando: ‘I’m not going to wear a grill. I’m not going to dance around.I’m going to be me.'
I don't think Major Applewhite will be going with Tom Herman back to Austin any time soon. These are old but I think this will prevent him from coming back:

Why Major Applewhite's affair with Texas student trainer came out four years later

Horns' Applewhite had relationship with student

Discrimination suit against University of Texas that cites Major Applewhite as example allowed to proceed | SportsDay

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It'd be interesting if Frost turns around and heads right back to Oregon....he showed success at UCF in year one and knows Oregon very well

Reaction Score
It'd be interesting if Frost turns around and heads right back to Oregon....he showed success at UCF in year one and knows Oregon very well

He just got "seasoned"...

Interesting that most of these guys have Holgo bolting WVA for a number of jobs.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Bruce FeldmanVerified account‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Coaches that may be in mix for #Oregon: #UCF's Scott Frost; #UF's Jim McElwain; #WMU's PJ Fleck #WVU's Dana Holgorsen & BSU's Bryan Harsin.

I get all of those except McElwain? Other than Colorado St, is there a west coast connection that I don't know about? How is Oregon a better opportunity than Florida? Plus, he has been good at Florida, but not good enough to want to steal away.

Tough blow for UCF if Frost decides to go back to Oregon after one year. Why doesn't Taggart's name come up more often? He has done a great job at USF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom