2016 Blue White Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2016 Blue White Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice job ruining the end of game thing on the field. Get a nice crowd and then shoot yourself in the foot.

Did someone forget to tell the kids they were suppose to stay on the field post-game?

Reaction Score
Totally impressed with Billy Williams - #43. The kid caught every single ball in the seam. TE transfer from Northern Iowa. Sat out 2015.

Ron Johnson looks real fast compared to last year.

All QB's hit the spots. Tough to tell anything without blitzing etc.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Totally impressed with Billy Williams - #43. The kid caught every single ball in the seam. TE transfer from Northern Iowa. Sat out 2015.

Johnson looks like he shed some weight and got a step quicker. It seems like we were more successful in going over the middle to our TEs in general which was awesome.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score

I both love and hate the fact that HCBD is openly pleading with people to come to the games, its great that he is understands how important the crowd at a game can be but also it is sad that the HC has to plead with people to come support the team. the marketing department at UCONN really needs to hold up their end of the deal and make sure that the stadium is full at all costs.

Reaction Score
Anderson looked a little trimmer
Stapleton's looks like he has good lower body strength
Peart stays with his blocks
Nazir Williams is built like a truck
Johnson surprised on his long Td run, thought he was gonna get caught.
Not sure what to make about Davis, he didn't try to run which I thought was one of his strengths. Wasn't sure if he was throwing off his back foot, not stepping into his throws...
Billy Williams is good
Mayala not sold on, couple of drops
Lots of options on D

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Mayala not sold on, couple of drops

I read earlier that Beals was in a no-contact jersey. If he's been injured, maybe that's why Mayala seems to be getting more first-team run. Although given how much PT Diaco gave him last year, he may just like him a lot.

It'll be interesting to see how guys like Battle and Coney figure into the mix too.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Bonehead

Reaction Score

Agree. I hate to say this. Think patriots offense this year?!?!

Mini Gronk and Willimas in the middle of the field often.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bonehead was sitting right near me.

I wouldn't try to take too much from the actual game. It was pretty low key and they played a lot of guys from deep down the roster.

FWIW - I don't see how Anderson would be the #2.

Reaction Score
I both love and hate the fact that HCBD is openly pleading with people to come to the games, its great that he is understands how important the crowd at a game can be but also it is sad that the HC has to plead with people to come support the team. the marketing department at UCONN really needs to hold up their end of the deal and make sure that the stadium is full at all costs.
The winning part will take care of that. You have to give the people a winner to come and root for. Even last year, making a bowl game but still finishing the season below .500. You can't expect capacity crowds till they can reasonably expect a winner to entertain them. give em a winner and they will come.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Bonehead was sitting right near me.

I wouldn't try to take too much from the actual game. It was pretty low key and they played a lot of guys from deep down the roster.

FWIW - I don't see how Anderson would be the #2.
If you realized that during the game you should have introduced yourself.
If after due to picture - next time!

I find you knowledgable, fairly sane and humorous at times with a straight approach- I am more bark than bite for sure -it would have been nice meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom