2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Loking for news on impact on recruiting. The early polls suggest

QB- Logan Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT). Temple*
OL- Chaz Wright (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Woodbridge, VA) NCst*
OL- Trey Rutherford (Kent School CT)OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek Regional HS NJ)
DE/TE- Luke Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA). Temple*
LB/DE- Tom Rodrick (Leicester, MA) UMass
DB- Jamar Summers (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Orange NJ)
WR/Athlete-Justin Noye (Rochester NY). Rutgers*, Temple*
TE- Jordan Fuchs (Prep @ Milford Academy)(CTK, NYC)) Rutgers*, Ist*
TE - Alec Bloom (Ligonier Valley PA)
RB- Arkeel Newsome (Ansonia CT)
RB - Bryce McAllister (Suffield Academy).) Army*

Any sources on that? I really liked what Noye and Bloom specifically brought to the table....Is it twitter statements or have the openly decommitted to the media?

Reaction Score
ToS is doing a good job reaching out to kids - committed and to whom we made offers.

Reaction Score
ToS is doing a good job reaching out to kids - committed and to whom we made offers.

I'm thinking that Noyes and Bloom are battling for the same reinstated scholarships to PSU.

Reaction Score
http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/on-the-trail/tag/_/name/the-early-offer

>>UConn has tough task ahead
Connecticut fired coach Paul Pasqualoni Monday, just two days after the Huskies lost 41-12 at Buffalo. Pasqualoni was never able to make UConn relevant in the Big East and the Huskies are 0-4 this season heading into American Athletic Conference play. The Huskies don’t have a large in-state recruiting base to work with, and the elite prospects often end up at higher profile schools. That alone makes it difficult to turn the program into a national power, and we’re likely never to see UConn playing Oklahoma in a major bowl again. But there is enough talent in the northeast -- supplemented with hitting talent pockets in the southeast and good coaching -- for the Huskies to at least contend for championships in the American. The school has invested too many resources to struggle like it has.<<

Reaction Score
Scout just posted a write up about Jamar Summers. Looks like he just visited Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Justin Noye, UConn commit, reviewing his options; Rutgers a school of interest
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

>>"I didn't de-commit, I just started talking to more colleges, now," said Noye. The coaching situation at UConn has put a damper on his commitment, according to Noye, causing him to take the steps to ensure he originally made the proper decision."The situation didn't really turn me off but stuff was going bad over there, so I just want to make the best decision for me and my four years," Noye said. "It's my future so I don't want to go to a school and realize I made the wrong choice."

>>Noye originally held offers from Rutgers, Buffalo, Old Dominion, UMass, Florida Atlantic and Albany, in addition to UConn. And he is talking to most of those schools as well as Penn State who he says has been showing interest as of late.<<

Reaction Score
Noye tweeted this yesterday
"Goodmorning World.... Get ready for a change... That's all I'm saying #FieldDreams"
Don't know if that's regarding UConn or not
It was also right after he retweeted 2 tweets about PP being fired

Reaction Score
Its weird that he would decommit from his school of choice because of the coaching change when freaking Pasqualoni was the one who over-signed his class and then made him be the one to sit out.

Reaction Score
Can't be mad at ex coach he was doing what he thought was right for the
University and for Jordan. However. Not knowing who the coach is going to be is a concern
We can't sit on sidelines waiting and wondering. That isn't fair for the recruit
Ex coach pp was a straight shooter and fair man. Once a coach is picked we would want to
Be recruited by uconn. It's a great school and great environment. Starting school in January it is right around the corner. So this de commitment had to be done. Uconn is still at the top of the list. Coach wholly is also a top level man. This is just normal procedure following a coaches dismissal.

Reaction Score
Can't be mad at ex coach he was doing what he thought was right for the
University and for Jordan. However. Not knowing who the coach is going to be is a concern
We can't sit on sidelines waiting and wondering. That isn't fair for the recruit
Ex coach pp was a straight shooter and fair man. Once a coach is picked we would want to
Be recruited by uconn. It's a great school and great environment. Starting school in January it is right around the corner. So this de commitment had to be done. Uconn is still at the top of the list. Coach wholly is also a top level man. This is just normal procedure following a coaches dismissal.
I don't think anyone can blame a kid for looking at other options, especially when he wants to enroll in January. Like I said in another thread, I do believe we should continue to pursue Fuchs because his upside is off the charts. When Wiest was at Cincy they used multiple TE formations. Our TE's have been OK so far but have not been highlighted. We have very little experience or depth there. I think Fuchs would be great in a Wiest system. Hopefully, the interim tag gets taken off after our bowl win!!!

Reaction Score
Jordan is OK stepping back and looking at the situation. Aside from the positive reactions from current players, take a look at the new QB over the next couple of weeks. That's the guy who will likely be sending the mail your way. I think you'll like what you see.

pj

Reaction Score
The new coach will have a month to re-recruit Jordan. Possibly it will be TJW in which case you'll have 3 months to get to know him. Coos, I'm sure you know UConn has a pressing need at tight end. Jordan could step in and play right away. KO is top notch in basketball.

And you know we fans want Jordan!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone can blame a kid for looking at other options, especially when he wants to enroll in January. Like I said in another thread, I do believe we should continue to pursue Fuchs because his upside is off the charts. When Wiest was at Cincy they used multiple TE formations. Our TE's have been OK so far but have not been highlighted. We have very little experience or depth there. I think Fuchs would be great in a Wiest system. Hopefully, the interim tag gets taken off after our bowl win!!!
Fair enough. I wish Jordan the best regardless of where he ends up. I'd love to see him at Connecticut though. It's a good match.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I've always enjoyed the honest and open input that Coos has given when Jordan was a committed 2-sport athlete to UConn.

As disappointed as I am that Jordan has opened up his recruitment I give him the utmost respect for his loyalty to former Coach Pasqualoni. We all have very vocal opinions about PP's tenure here but, aside from winning, we expected him to connect with talented young recruits and prove to them that he and The University of Connecticut considered them family.

PP obviously did that with Jordan so I can't blame the young man for opening up his recruitment.

It actually makes me want him even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom