2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 30 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The good part is there are only 6 more weeks of uncertainty left. :confused: Unless of course Warde decides to scratch a Nutt.

Eh... it's frustrating but I don't blame some of these kids for keeping their options open, some are more solid than others because they are picking the school for the actual school - not the head coach. If you are good enough and fast enough you'll stick w/ whatever coach is there for the most part.

Reaction Score
From JB @ TOS:

>>Now that he is officially back on the market, Fuchs mentioned a few schools that have begun to show more interest. "Well right now I have an offer from Rutgers and interest shown by Miami, Syracuse and USC," he said.
Fuchs, who can enroll at a school in January, will visit Syracuse tomorrow to get a closer look at the Orange.<<

>>With an offer from Rutgers and a visit to Syracuse tomorrow, is Fuchs still considering the Huskies. "They are still under consideration," he said. "There's a lot of uncertainty with who the head coach will be and he could bring in an entirely new staff. They are having problems at the quarterback position too, so it's questionable.<<

Ha - like Rutgers doesn't have QB issues? ;)

Yeah. Not a fan of the potshot at Boyle, Whitmer, and Cochran.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Not a fan of the potshot at Boyle, Whitmer, and Cochran.

Sounds like a young kid with a lot of rocks rolling around in his head. He's confused and probably repeating what he's hearing from someone. Doesn't really matter the reason he got nervous and he's gone for now. When you're changing QB's like you change your socks, QB isn't the main problem.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a young kid with a lot of rocks rolling around in his head. He's confused and probably repeating what he's hearing from someone. Doesn't really matter the reason he got nervous and he's gone for now. When you're changing QB's like you change your socks, QB isn't the main problem.

You can also tell whether a kid is coming or not by the way his family posts here. This is not surprising in the least. I remember the posters who predicted Lagow would still come here after all of the drama taking victory laps.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI - thought I had already posted this. Not sure if Pitt/PSU have backed off chasing Bloom - had a season ending knee injury a few weeks back.

>>Just when it seemed inevitable that Ligonier Valley’s Alec Bloom would shatter a pair of area records, the tight end/wide receiver went down with a season-ending knee injury in the Rams’ Week 8 loss to Homer-Center. Heading into Week 9, Bloom, a 6-foot-7, 240-pound senior who has verbally committed to UConn, had 45 catches and 830 yards. He stood just 13 receptions and 125 yards shy of breaking area records for receptions and receiving yards, which Blairsville’s Andy Ostach set in 2005 with 58 and 955, respectively.

“Alec suffered an injury in the Homer-Center game that turned out to be something that none of us believe is worth risking a college career over,” 10th-year Ligonier Valley coach Roger Beitel said. “This is just a game and he’s going to go off and he’s going to get a quarter-of-a-million dollars worth of education, so none of us were willing to risk it. It was really a no-brainer. “He’ll be fine. It’s nothing substantial. It’s just not worth the risk.”<<

http://www.indianagazette.com/news/...taking-no-chances-with-ailing-bloom,18555662/

Reaction Score
i'm not sure u can do juco for just 1 year, it might be u have to do 2. i think thats why theres a difference between doing a prep year at a milford type and actully going to jr college.

Truth. JUCO's have to stay for 2 years. Prep is one season.

Reaction Score
Brian Dohn @ S c o u t reporting that Justin Noyes (WR commit from Rochester) took a visit to ODU this past weekend.

Noyes said:“I’m still committed to UConn,” he said. “I have to weigh my options. I’m very anxious (to see who UConn hires) so I can make a decision off that and see where I’m going to go.”

It also mentions that Mike Foley is his recruiter and Justin continue to talk and UConn stands by it scholarship offer. Noyes isn't planning on any other visits and isn't having serious conversations with anyone else @ this time.

Reaction Score
“@JohnFSilver: Recruits coming Sat: TE Luke Carrezola, QB Logan Marchi, RB Brice McAllister LB Tom Rodrick. 2015: OL Derek Bastinck (Wayne Hills, N.J.)”

Derek Bastinck (6-5 250) has taken an unofficial visit to PSU @ beginning of the month.

Reaction Score
“@NHRJimFuller: #UConn commit Luke Carrezola has sack as Neshaminy reaches PIAA AAAA semifinals

“@NHRJimFuller: #UConn commit Arkeel Newsome now No. 7 all-time leading rusher according to @NFHS_Org national record book

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/11/big-win-for-uconn-commit.html

"Newsome has 9,681 career rushing yards heading into the playoffs. He passed four players including Minnesota Vikings running back Toby Gerhart to move into the seventh place on the national list according to the national high school football record book."

Edit add for reference: http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=370

12144 Derrick Henry FL (Yulee), 2009-12
11232 Ken Hall TX (Sugar Land), 1950-53
11045 Michael Hart NY (Nedrow Onondaga), 2000-03
10895 Kevin Parks, Jr.NC(Mount Ulla West Rowan), 2006-09
10889 Johnathan Gray TX (Aledo), 2008-11
10241 Toney Baker NC (Jamestown Ragsdale), 2001-04

9668 Terrance Wilkes AL (Wadley), 2003-06
9662 Toby Gerhart CA (Norco), 2002-05

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
“@NHRJimFuller: #UConn commit Luke Carrezola has sack as Neshaminy reaches PIAA AAAA semifinals

“@NHRJimFuller: #UConn commit Arkeel Newsome now No. 7 all-time leading rusher according to @NFHS_Org national record book

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/11/big-win-for-uconn-commit.html

"Newsome has 9,681 career rushing yards heading into the playoffs. He passed four players including Minnesota Vikings running back Toby Gerhart to move into the seventh place on the national list according to the national high school football record book."

Edit add for reference: http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=370

12144 Derrick Henry FL (Yulee), 2009-12
11232 Ken Hall TX (Sugar Land), 1950-53
11045 Michael Hart NY (Nedrow Onondaga), 2000-03
10895 Kevin Parks, Jr.NC(Mount Ulla West Rowan), 2006-09
10889 Johnathan Gray TX (Aledo), 2008-11
10241 Toney Baker NC (Jamestown Ragsdale), 2001-04

9668 Terrance Wilkes AL (Wadley), 2003-06
9662 Toby Gerhart CA (Norco), 2002-05

As usual, great info Medic. Toby Gerhart is the only name I recognize. Any chance you know where the rest of the kids on the list went after highschool and their career stats?

Reaction Score
As usual, great info Medic. Toby Gerhart is the only name I recognize. Any chance you know where the rest of the kids on the list went after highschool and their career stats?

Derrick Henry is a 5* true freshman @ Bama (avg. 28 ypg - third option after Yeldon/Drake)
Ken Hall went to Texas A&M and was a NFL/CFL journeyman.
Hart played @ Michigan (career rushing leader), then the Colts.
Kevin Parks is @ UVA (should be 1k rusher this year).
Gray is @ Texas and was starting RB till he got injured.
Toney Baker went to NC State, signed with Broncos and didn't catch on.
The tragic one is Terrance Wilkes was shot and killed while a senior in high school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“@JohnFSilver: Recruits coming Sat: TE Luke Carrezola, QB Logan Marchi, RB Brice McAllister LB Tom Rodrick. 2015: OL Derek Bastinck (Wayne Hills, N.J.)”

Derek Bastinck (6-5 250) has taken an unofficial visit to PSU @ beginning of the month.

“@BMcAllister_3: And that's 2 in a row! #BleedBlue”

Reaction Score
Got to figure he gets close to 1000yds in the 3 playoff games (freakin insane number) he'll end up #6 all-time. Not a bad HS career.

Reaction Score
Brian Dohn @ S c o u t reporting that Justin Noyes (WR commit from Rochester) took a visit to ODU this past weekend.

Noyes said:“I’m still committed to UConn,” he said. “I have to weigh my options. I’m very anxious (to see who UConn hires) so I can make a decision off that and see where I’m going to go.”

It also mentions that Mike Foley is his recruiter and Justin continue to talk and UConn stands by it scholarship offer. Noyes isn't planning on any other visits and isn't having serious conversations with anyone else @ this time.

McAllisterScout2:40pm via TweetDeck
2014 3-star UConn commit Justin Noye RT @Smooth_NewtonIV: I really wonder who is going to be the next Uconn head coach..

Reaction Score
McDTwin13:29pm via web
Ansonia senior running back Arkeel Newsome on UConn football: "I'm still verbally committed to #UConn and I just can't wait to be up there.

McDTwin13:30pm via web
Newsome cont.... "It's a great environment. I just love the school." #UConn

McDTwin13:31pm via web
Newsome said he's followed UConn's season and the coaching change won't affect his commitment.
#UConn

McDTwin13:31pm via web
“No it doesn’t really affect me, I’m still sticking with it. I’m just waiting to see who’s going to be their next head coach.” -Newsome

tumblr_m5mgxaDRVp1rno0d4.gif

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/3-uconn-commits-in-action-tomorrow.html

>>3 UConn commits in action tomorrow

While UConn will be wrapping up its 2013 season, three players currently committed to UConn will be playing in the state playoffs.

Offensive lineman Lamont Bradford's Timber Creek of Erial, N.J. squad plays Shawnee in the New Jersey South Group 4 title game at 7:30 p.m. at Rowan University. Timber Creek is 10-1 and is averaging 312 passing yards and 142 rushing yards per game.

Luke Carrezola's Neshaminy High out of Langhorne, Pa. team plays St. Joseph's Prep at 3 p.m. in the Pennsylvania Class AAAA semifinals. Carrezola, a senior defensive end, has 53 tackles, eight sacks and 19 tackles for losses for 13-1 Neshaminy.

Arkeel Newsome leads Ansonia against Rocky Hill in the Class S semifinals at 2 p.m. at Sheehan High School. Newsome ran for a career-high 492 yards along with seven touchdown as Ansonia defeated Coginchag 49-21 in the Class S quarterfinals. Newsome now has rushed 264 times for 3,350 yards and 55 rushing touchdowns.<<

Reaction Score
“@JohnFSilver: As far as recruits, Huskies hosting only QB Logan Marchi and TE Alex Bloom. No one else is here for the game.”

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/3-uconn-commits-in-action-tomorrow.html

>>3 UConn commits in action tomorrow

While UConn will be wrapping up its 2013 season, three players currently committed to UConn will be playing in the state playoffs.

Offensive lineman Lamont Bradford's Timber Creek of Erial, N.J. squad plays Shawnee in the New Jersey South Group 4 title game at 7:30 p.m. at Rowan University. Timber Creek is 10-1 and is averaging 312 passing yards and 142 rushing yards per game.

Luke Carrezola's Neshaminy High out of Langhorne, Pa. team plays St. Joseph's Prep at 3 p.m. in the Pennsylvania Class AAAA semifinals. Carrezola, a senior defensive end, has 53 tackles, eight sacks and 19 tackles for losses for 13-1 Neshaminy.

Arkeel Newsome leads Ansonia against Rocky Hill in the Class S semifinals at 2 p.m. at Sheehan High School. Newsome ran for a career-high 492 yards along with seven touchdown as Ansonia defeated Coginchag 49-21 in the Class S quarterfinals. Newsome now has rushed 264 times for 3,350 yards and 55 rushing touchdowns.<<

Results: http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2013/12/mixed-results-for-uconn-commits.html

Newsome still playing - Carreszola and Bradford done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom