2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
According to John @UConnReport he has picked up a slew of offers in a matter of days. His Rivals profile seems to indicate this as well. The kid has blown up it seems.

Too bad, his tape was so much better than the other TEs we were looking at. 6'6", athletic, can catch and run routes, big and can block. I was really hoping to land him.

Reaction Score
I wholeheartedly agree with HFD on Joyner. The kid can play and it would be really sad to see him go elsewhere. He reminds me of Matakevich, in that he has good fundamentals and instincts, he just needs a staff to help him grow. As much as I like the JUCO ranks for some needed depth upfront, I think there are some very solid prep recruits that deserve a shot.

You know....hopefully we will give Joyner that opportunity, but Joyner will be one of those kids who will probably end up at a 1AA school and make it to the NFL. I really like this kid.

Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on this Joyner kid? Please. Ct kid?

Reaction Score
Can someone fill me in on this Joyner kid? Please. Ct kid?
He's originally a NYC kid from Christ the King HS (same HS as Fuchs). He didn't get many looks his senior year. He is doing a post grad year @ Cheshire Academy. He had a very good season at Cheshire. I've been following this kid since he camped at UConn the summer of his senior year. We were very impressed with his performance at camp, but then I don't know what happened. I believe he chose Cheshire to do the post-grad due to influences from UConn. He doesn't have any academic issues. He's rated 4* on 247sports and 2* on Rivals.

Looking at his highlight film for this year, he played both sides of the ball for CA and did pretty well. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2090017/#highlights/25044404

Reaction Score
I wonder what the hold up is. Another good looking versatile athlete with great size. Thanks for posting that.

Reaction Score
He's originally a NYC kid from Christ the King HS (same HS as Fuchs). He didn't get many looks his senior year. He is doing a post grad year @ Cheshire Academy. He had a very good season at Cheshire. I've been following this kid since he camped at UConn the summer of his senior year. We were very impressed with his performance at camp, but then I don't know what happened. I believe he chose Cheshire to do the post-grad due to influences from UConn. He doesn't have any academic issues. He's rated 4* on 247sports and 2* on Rivals.

Looking at his highlight film for this year, he played both sides of the ball for CA and did pretty well. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2090017/#highlights/25044404

http://newenglandprepstars.com/spot...hire-academy-ct-football#.UGWbPOr_KLc.twitter

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dunn flips from ucf to wake...

odogwu was one of the recruits that tubby left at the dinner table when he left for cincy.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
looks like he's trying to get an east coast vacation out of it. i'm surprised md didn't pull its offer.
http://smu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1444880

Even though Altamirano is committed to SMU, his recruiting process will not be over for a few weeks as he still has one more official visit planned to a school across the country.

I cancelled my recruiting trips to Washington State and New Mexico today. I will be visiting Maryland though in two weeks since Maryland came by and offered today at my school."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I can't remember his name, but I heard the Windsor DE committed to UMass. Really good off the edge.

i asume your talking about ormsby, cole. they have a db thats fringe bcs/mac also-t. huff.

i am trying to connect dots, if any of u can help please do. i think that corey cooper a wr in the 13 class we have offered but dont seem to be in on is family with cooper the ct rb for 2014. also sio moore is family with the west haven rb phillips of class 2014. are all 4 connected at all? i know sio went down to nc in hs also...

Reaction Score
jeffgreer 10:53am via Twitter for iPhone
#UConn looking at a few under-the-radar kids here. Already told you about Seminole Ridge ATH Silas Spearman. Also: Village QB Larry Brihm.

Pre-Season Write-up: Palm Beach County’s Hot 25 Players of the Class of 2013

9. QB Larry Brihm – Village Academy (Delray Beach)
The 6’1, 215 pound dual-threat quarterback, who has received interest from several BCS schools such as Miami, South Florida, West Virginia and Wisconsin, finished his junior season with 2,152 passing yards for 21 touchdowns and only four interceptions. Brihm is our No. 1 ranked dual-threat and overall quarterback for the Class of 2013.

Senior Season Stats down from above but was named to Palm Beach County-Treasure Coast All-Star Game

http://pbgametime.com/student/larry-brihm/

Rivals has him as 2* - same league that Bobby Puyol

Reaction Score
Kinda like Larry Brihm... found this article on him... been playing the position since 8th grade at that school... 8,000 passing yards... not too shabby.. PLUS he can run...McCummings clone with a little more upside throwing the ball perhaps? I say give him a shot...Even if Nebrich stayed we were still recruiting a QB, which we got in Lagow... I think we need one more in the class.. I'd rather have a guy worthy of a scholly coming in than another walk on... Competition at every position at this level of football is healthy for the program... He's not the "sexy" name but could be a diamond in the rough....

Here's the link to the article: http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...ry-brihm-donald-hanna-dual-threat-quarterback

Reaction Score
really? what changed? i thought i read when u had 18 kids that u were hoping montgomery verbaled and that would be it for the class? he did verbal...anyway who else u looking at now and what positions?
Apologize for the late reply. I don't think much changed it was always going to be a couple more. It looks like 2 RBs,an OL,a WR,and another DL. Wouldn't be shocked to see an athletic QB that could switch positions down the line.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
whipple visited psu last weekend i see now. havn't heard anythign on him...

batten to duke if he gets in(scores) otherwise minn it seems.

name to watch-lassiter from md a db...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
officer-pitt

saw some hinjos talk. seems as tho he needs to get grades up in spring to go to uconn. not sure whats up. think we can cross him off the chart and just a radar name for now...

Reaction Score
On Tos it says that Wr Karlon Quiller(6' 170 lbs) is planning a visit. I couldn't see the whole article but it said that the staff could be looking for another wr for the class. His stats on the yr 59 catches 1,350 and 21 tds. Has no offers according to rivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom