2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 37 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS)
12/28/12, 9:42 PM
Big get for Miami in 6-8, 330-lb OT from Nigeria named Sonny Odogwu. Speaks 4 languages fluently. Reports to UM Jan 9.

Miami out of nowhere...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
With the recruiting has gone for us don't expect any of those kids to commit to us UConnDan. OL of that calliber this late in the game don't end up at UCONN. We'll end up with a kid none of us has heard of more than likely. Another Levy type situation I'm sure.

As for a WR prospect we're in on, anybody know who the 4th school is for Brian Lemelle? He has us, BC, Iowa (1/26/13,official visit) , and that 4th mystery team.

Reaction Score
With the recruiting has gone for us don't expect any of those kids to commit to us UConnDan. OL of that calliber this late in the game don't end up at UCONN. We'll end up with a kid none of us has heard of more than likely. Another Levy type situation I'm sure.

As for a WR prospect we're in on, anybody know who the 4th school is for Brian Lemelle? He has us, BC, Iowa (1/26/13,official visit) , and that 4th mystery team.

The 4th team is Nebraska.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Chart:
QB-
Woulard(usf dc, we are not showing interest)
WR-
Boyd(we are not showing interest)
Grant(handful of bcs offers, have not seen info on him)
Jeune(down to purdue and gtech(visit 1/11))
Smith(uconn only offer reported, have not seen any news on him)
Lemelle(down to bc, iowa(visit 1/25), uconn(visit 1/21), neb and psu)
Cooper( many bcs offers, family connection to ct, we do not seem to be in on him)

RB-
Smith(picking on 1/4 at the ua game, has a hadfl of bcs offers. we are in it but a cuse lean)
Williams(not showing interest)
Hoover(not showing interest)
FB-

DT-
Meant(uconn, ist, kst(recent visit) and ucf have offered)

DB-
Reid(uconn, cuse , buff, umass and temple offers)
Parker(uconn and minn offers among other smalle ones, minn lean)
Deluzio(uconn and smu offers, havn't seen much info, baseball is also a factor to his future)
Alexander(not showing interest)
Flood(twitter offer claimed)
Sills(not showing interest)
Melton(twitter offer claimed, has iowa interest also)
DE-
Dobbs(juco, uconn offer)
Hush(juco, high on uconn, has handful of bcs offers)
Thomas(not showing interest)
Ogundeko(florida, cuse and clemson of late, cricus recruit, we are not in it)
Muhammad(not showing interest)

LB-
Stevens(azst(recent visit), uconn(recent visit), unc and smiss offers. gast also on him)
Ngakoue(not showing interest)

TE-
Batten(duke, uk, uconn and minn offers)
Fuchs(uconn and ruty offers, have not seen info on him in a while, bball is a factor in future)
Vandenburgh(juco kid, blew up many offers now, we are not in it)
Phillips(uconn and ruty offers via 247)
Johnson(high on miami)

OL-
Wright(down to ncst(lean) and uconn)
Dunham(uconn, cincy, missst and memphis offers, have not seen info on him)
Finnin(we are not in it any more, many offers now)
Dancy(juco, offer via 247)
Hunter(many lower offers, uconn, cuse(visit soon), usf, washst, ucf and sdsu offers)
Rubalcava(uconn, tst and wku offers. shopping himself to any pac/b12 program)
Mclaughlin(soft ecu verbal, prep school, other bcs programs also recruiting him)

Radar: needs a lot of updates still...
RB-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz-anderson-villard-fredrick-sams(memphis)
TE/DE-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-riley-wilson(umass offer, temple/rutgers/uconn close to offering)-hinjos
LB-robinson-barton-mitchell-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr
OL-jj smith-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-mcnutt-brennan-barnettmhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor-otranto-mcdonald(nmst offer)-clay(juco, soft verbal to fresno, utah interest, visited recently)
QB-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo-nitti-brihm-whipple
ATH-duffy-beckford-davis(close to a uconn offer)-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton-scott-clark-m. smith
WR-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-cherry-victorin-dumas-matos(stony offer, ccsu, iowa, temple and bc interest)-clark-quliier
DB-cooper(has interest from several bcs schools)-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-chivas-beverette-spearman(coach visit recently)-lassiter
DL-valantine-camara(soft sbrook)-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson-merrill

Prefered Walkon Offers:
-Sallquist(offer via twitter)
-Vaughn(rummored to have a uconn offer)

DeCommits:
-Ogundecko
-Barone
-Krill
-Burlingame

Updates:
-
HFD, 4 on the radar guys, (wr)Dante Jones has committed to Appalachian St, (ol)A.J.Bolden has committed to Toledo, (ol)Dallas Hinkhouse has committed to Illinois and (db)Xavier Lewis has committed to Wyoming… And I believe if we are looking at Gary Melton from NJ, it would be as a Safety…
-krill got offered by wyoming, will commit there this weekend
-branisel commits to tenn
-odogwu to miami

-we should have a handful of kids on the chart pick schools this weekend....

Reaction Score
JUCO TE Vandenburg - Final 4... Nebraska, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Do we really count Burlingame and Krill has Decommits....I mean if it were up to them they would still be Huskies, but them not working hard enough in the classroom caused them to not be academically eligible

Reaction Score
um, they were committed to uconn at some point, then they decommitted. sooooo, yes.

bummer...

Well they didn't voluntarily decommit like Ogundecko did......for lack of better words they weren't smart enough to come to UConn so they were told they couldn't, big difference

Reaction Score
then why did we let them commit in the 1st place? we ask for transcripts and all the good stuff before we offer or alow kids to commit...

Whoa... Aren't you the one advocating that we should allow recruits to commit now to show others that we are on it and to worry about transcripts later (Slyva and Bryan)??

I think we decommitted them... You say tomato, I say tomatoe - in the end, they ain't coming,

Reaction Score
yes i am, i think our admissions is to high. what does that have to do with what i said? we had 2 players mentions by flyer. both of them decommitted. i have them listed as decommits on the chart. i'm really completely confused what the issue is here. they committed to uconn and then they decommitted, therefore i probally shouldn't list them as commits still hugh? so i list them as decommits, that sounds logical. if i don't list them at all then thats not fair to the charts being that the purpose is to track everything we do on the trail...

we clearly told them they couldn't sign here becuase they didn't get the grades. true, so what do they do then? they decommitt from uconn and commit elsewhere. i'm honestly lost in all of this....

You're confused because like on most issues you have such a closed mind on things and see it as black and white

There is a huge connotative difference between them decommiting because they got a better offer (ie, Ogundecko) and not signing because they were told they couldn't (ie, Krill and Burlingame)

One says I don't want to be a part of your program....the other is I want to be apart of your program, but I chose to not work hard enough in the classroom to show I was dedicated to joining your program

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You're confused because like on most issues you have such a closed mind on things and see it as black and white

There is a huge connotative difference between them decommiting because they got a better offer (ie, Ogundecko) and not signing because they were told they couldn't (ie, Krill and Burlingame)

One says I don't want to be a part of your program....the other is I want to be apart of your program, but I chose to not work hard enough in the classroom to show I was dedicated to joining your program

both arer saying the same thing. "i do not want to be part of your program. one is the attitude or opinion that i can do better elsewhere and the other is the attitude or opinion that i don't need to do well in school becuase i can go to other schools with worse grades, so getting good grades for uconn isn't important to me.

while i understand that these 2 are a bit different, i have never seen this argument made ever. i just write them as dc's becuase they are. i'm not sure the point your trying to make at all? is uconn going to win 5 national championships next year becuase we had 2 different types of dc's listed on a recruit chart vs 1 large list? im lost and i give up. u win w/e it is that i dont get.

Reaction Score
both arer saying the same thing. "i do not want to be part of your program. one is the attitude or opinion that i can do better elsewhere and the other is the attitude or opinion that i don't need to do well in school becuase i can go to other schools with worse grades, so getting good grades for uconn isn't important to me.

while i understand that these 2 are a bit different, i have never seen this argument made ever. i just write them as dc's becuase they are. i'm not sure the point your trying to make at all? is uconn going to win 5 national championships next year becuase we had 2 different types of dc's listed on a recruit chart vs 1 large list? im lost and i give up. u win w/e it is that i dont get.

Reaction Score
Who cares?! They're not coming to Uconn. Enough of this pissing contest and lets get on with the show.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Who cares?! They're not coming to Uconn. Enough of this pissing contest and lets get on with the show.

thats the point i make, what does it matter at all...

pj

Reaction Score
how about a new category- not allowed in(Mcneal, dobbs, burlingame etc....

This categorization only matters to Warde Manuel -- who's failing UConn athletics, the coaches or the admissions department? For fans, lumping them together as decommits is fine.

Reaction Score
My point is bigger than just the recruit chart that you have going in this thread HFD

We talk all the time about perception of the program in the eyes of the fans and in prospective recruits. Sometimes it is the smallest thing that will cause a recruit to decide between school A and school B. If we (collective we as UConn as a program) classify every person that doesn't sign with UConn a "decommit", some guys make look at that and wonder why there are 6 decommits, and is that a program that I really want to dedicate four years to

It is small and stupid but HFD you of all people should know that kids commit for far more stupid reasons, and yes I know that kids won't look at your chart and make their decision off that, but its a culture that you, me and every person on this board is trying to breed and it starts at the lowest level, the smallest detail.

My point is, 2 decommits looks far better in a recruiting class than 4 or 6 or whatever number

I didn't mean to start a big "to-do" about it, my bust

Reaction Score
Laray Smith won't be announcing his choice tonight at the semper fidelis bowl game according to the announcers.

Reaction Score
According to twitter and tweets that I have see from many commits right now, it seems the staff is putting in work right now. I have seen positive tweets from Noel Thomas, Walsh, Lagow and Joseph.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
According to twitter and tweets that I have see from many commits right now, it seems the staff is putting in work right now. I have seen positive tweets from Noel Thomas, Walsh, Lagow and Joseph.

Anything that you can elaborate on? Or just coaches checking in on them and keeping tabs on how the kids are doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom