2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 36 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if we are looking for 1 more wr then they are just going to piss me off till no end i guess. land jeune. he was dwon to uconn and purdue and purdue has a new coach now...come on it can't be that hard. if not check in on belfort again and his grade issues. then figure out coggins situation and if u strike out on all 3 then offer matos or cooper and be down with the position. . each one of those is a car ride on monday morning and problem solved.

Reaction Score
HFD, don’t get pissed, allot of the moves or lack of them at this point in the process come down to grades or admittance type issues….

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD, don’t get pissed, allot of the moves or lack of them at this point in the process come down to grades or admittance type issues….

i hear u, but we have several kids on radar that can fill that spot and i think all of them but belfort are for sure good to go grades wise. i mean coggins was a bc commit a couple weeks ago so i would love to hear different grades wise for him. his grades were held as ransom during his hs issues this past year lol if he had bad ones we would have heard about it and that would have led to him not being llowed to play and so on...rah rah rah....

Reaction Score
i hear u, but we have several kids on radar that can fill that spot and i think all of them but belfort are for sure good to go grades wise. i mean coggins was a bc commit a couple weeks ago so i would love to hear different grades wise for him. his grades were held as ransom during his hs issues this past year lol if he had bad ones we would have heard about it and that would have led to him not being llowed to play and so on...rah rah rah....

Where do you see that Jeune was down to Purdue and us....looking at rivals he has a 2 minute interview and all he talks about is GT and Purdue

Also, there is so much going on that we don't know about and something in recruiting that may seem really simple to us fans, but is in fact extremely complicated. Let's just leave the recruiting to the experts and analyze on signing day.

Reaction Score
Boyle is more athletic then people give him credit for he will be fine. Little would be a waste of time he turned down Michigan this week to stick with us. I like Coggins though would be good for you.

Reaction Score
Haha. Whitehead looks like a playmaker on film. Great vision and should add something to the return game immediately. Anything else on offense is a bonus.

Reaction Score
for the chart-krill commits. man maybe i should bitch and moan more i mena it was only minutes after i posted what i did above and the first part of it is solved lol
i've recently started taking krill fish oil...maybe i was subliminaly sending him your way to close the deal....

Reaction Score
not sure when we offered but wr from pa brian lemelle is down to uconn, bc and iowa. he has over 10 bcs offers and has a iowa visit planned late jan. this is on scout. on rivals hes high on 6 schools and we are not one of them. acording to 247 he has the top 3 scout does with it updated this weekend...

looks liek we are out of it for vanderburg, the krill commit prob seals the deal on that. seems we still want one more tight end that w can rs and develope in this class tho. phillips and fuchs and joyner come to mind...

we may be in good shape with dancy, we are his best offer of 3 so far...

I'm trying to come out of this daze I've been in since Friday ( Sandy Hook, we'll never forget you. God Bless ). The Lemelle kid would be a solid pick up for us.. He's a quality WR.. super productive ( rivals stats for '11 - 93 catches & 15 TDs, 10' - 70 catches & 11 TDs ... I'm sure he didn't disappoint this past season ). We need a productive go to guy at the position....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I'm trying to come out of this daze I've been in since Friday ( Sandy Hook, we'll never forget you. God Bless ). The Lemelle kid would be a solid pick up for us.. He's a quality WR.. super productive ( rivals stats for '11 - 93 catches & 15 TDs, 10' - 70 catches & 11 TDs ... I'm sure he didn't disappoint this past season ). We need a productive go to guy at the position....
Him or jeune would be big gets but we have a few other solid kids if we miss on them we can offer. I like or wr gets so far but want to finish strong.

Reaction Score
So, hypothetically, if Little had committed to Michigan, what would they say to Laquon Treadwell?

"Sorry Laquon, I know you're a top 10 recruit with offers from every school in the country, but we filled our last spot in this class with a guy who isn't ranked in the top 10 in Connecticut."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u follow the never ending ogundecko saga, the past 24 hours were fun times. him and laray will commit on 1/4 at the ll star game w/e it is. my prediction is cuse and a southern school are the answers.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
-redid the chart a bit, now the commits are not on it, u can see those in the 13 commit thread. just trying to use space better. it seems we hit the wall i have been talking about and i have yet to see new offers. this is a dead period i believe now over xmas break, i think that somewhat explains it but i would have liked to see about 10 to 20 more offers in the 1st half of december then what we did do. hopefully we come out after new years and land a couple kids and spray a bunch of offers out. we shall see...

Chart:
QB-
Woulard(usf dc, we are not showing interest)
WR-
Boyd(we are not showing interest)
Grant(handful of bcs offers, have not seen info on him)
Jeune(down to purdue and gtech)
Smith(uconn only offer reported, have not seen any news on him)
Lemelle(down to bc, iowa(visit soon) and uconn)
Cooper( many bcs offers, family connection to ct, we do not seem to be in on him)

RB-
Smith(picking on 1/4 at the ua game, has a hadfl of bcs offers. we are in it but a cuse lean)
Williams(not showing interest)
Hoover(not showing interest)
Melton(twitter offer claimed, has iowa interest also)
FB-

DT-
Meant(uconn, ist, kst(recent visit) and ucf have offered)

DB-
Reid(uconn, cuse , buff, umass and temple offers)
Parker(uconn and minn offers among other smalle ones, minn lean)
Deluzio(uconn and smu offers, havn't seen much info, baseball is also a factor to his future)
Alexander(not showing interest)
Flood(twitter offer claimed)
Sills(not showing interest)

DE-
Dobbs(juco, uconn offer)
Hush(juco, high on uconn, has handful of bcs offers)
Thomas(not showing interest)
Ogundeko(florida, cuse and clemson of late, cricus recruit, we are not in it)
Muhammad(not showing interest)

LB-
Stevens(azst(recent visit), uconn(recent visit), unc and smiss offers. gast also on him)
Ngakoue(not showing interest)

TE-
Batten(duke, uk, uconn and minn offers)
Fuchs(uconn and ruty offers, have not seen info on him in a while, bball is a factor in future)
Vandenburgh(juco kid, blew up many offers now, we are not in it)
Bransiel(cincy dc, have not seen news since)
Phillips(uconn and ruty offers via 247)
Johnson(high on miami)

OL-
Wright(down to ncst(lean) and uconn)
Dunham(uconn, cincy, missst and memphis offers, have not seen info on him)
Finnin(we are not in it any more, many offers now)
Odogwu(had a bad ttech trip, uconn, atm and missst offers)
Dancy(juco, offer via 247)
Hunter(many lower offers, uconn, cuse(visit soon), usf, washst, ucf and sdsu offers)
Rubalcava(uconn, tst and wku offers. shopping himself to any pac/b12 program)
Mclaughlin(soft ecu verbal, prep school, other bcs programs also recruiting him)

Radar: needs a lot of updates still...
RB-clay-kidd-criswell-clark-odiah-bennett-cheslock-franklin-graves-morris-ortiz-anderson-villard-fredrick-sams(memphis)
TE/DE-joyner-kintyhtt-toney-hollin-riley-wilson(umass offer, temple/rutgers/uconn close to offering)-hinjos
LB-robinson-barton-mitchell-nastahowski-hume-howsie-taute-schiccatano-oneal-johnson-hendryx-smith jr
OL-jj smith-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor-otranto-mcdonald(nmst offer)-clay(juco, soft verbal to fresno, utah interest, visited recently)
QB-oneil-ford-derby-moraity-krivda-gory-keir-j. brown-imes-nocciolo-nitti-brihm-whipple
ATH-duffy-beckford-davis(close to a uconn offer)-kelly-criswell-bennett-cureton-scott-clark-m. smith
WR-belfort-fairbank-thomas-s. smith-wilson-cherry-victorin-jones-dumas-matos(stony offer, ccsu, iowa, temple and bc interest)-clark-quliier
DB-cooper(has interest from several bcs schools)-hall-frazier-graham-moshood-t. toney-felix-davis-martin-lewis-alphonse-akpan-sylla-morel-harriott-bradley-osong-williams-chivas-beverette-spearman(coach visit recently)-lassiter
DL-valantine-camara(soft sbrook)-coward-henry-skipper-d. toney-nails-johnson-roper-finley-thompson-merrill

Prefered Walkon Offers:
-Sallquist(offer via twitter)
-Vaughn(rummored to have a uconn offer)

DeCommits:
-Ogundecko
-Barone
-Krill

Updates:
-massinton to ucla
-taylor to illinois
-i'm going to leave camara on the radar, i knew recently he gave a soft verbal to sbrook but it wasn't out yet so i didn't want to be a dick and post it until it was on a site. we visitd him recently and i think hes holding hope he gets a offer eventually. as u guys know i want him in this clas, w will see what happens after this dead period...
-knighton to miami
-combs to kansas
-we offered travis johnson, dont seem to be in on him though
-shortridge to lville
-lassiter(db) added to radar
-dunn to ucf then to wake
-wortham to wake
-issah to psu
-whipple(qb) added to radar, ct prep school kid from texas. visited psu recently
-i have dropped hinjos to chart from radar. his offer was claimed via twitter. some info i have on him is he has grades issues and that could effect his future as a juco he def needs next semester it seems at the juco and then he may pick a school. for now we will keephim on radar and see what news comes out.
-quiller(wr) added to radar
-officer to pitt
-thomas to kansas
-whitehead to fau
-mcdonad added to radar, juco ot visited recently
-spearman(db) added to radar
-clay(juco ol) visited recently, added to radar
-altamirano to md
-brihm(qb) added to radar

Reaction Score
HFD, 4 on the radar guys, (wr)Dante Jones has committed to Appalachian St, (ol)A.J.Bolden has committed to Toledo, (ol)Dallas Hinkhouse has committed to Illinois and (db)Xavier Lewis has committed to Wyoming… And I believe if we are looking at Gary Melton from NJ, it would be as a Safety…

Reaction Score
From what I can tell as of 10:30am, the de-commit flag that Rivals turned on might have been an error. TOS is attempting to verify the situation – either their error or he has in fact de-committed… so let’s stay calm.

Reaction Score
I would really like to see us offer Andrew Matos. 2012 was a breakout year for the 6', 200 All-State WR from Ansonia. Matos emerged from the shadow of teammate Arkeel Newsome, to become one of the most versatile, and dangerous, players in CT. The speedy and powerful senior caught 39 passes for 1049 yards (26.9), and 14 TDs. He rushed 36 times for 319 yards (8.9), 10 TDs. He also threw a 72 yd TD pass. Matos is receiving interest from Bowling Green, Rutgers, Temple, Central CT, and holds an offer from StonyBrook.

Reaction Score
Matos is also considering attending Milford Academy for a season to increase his exposure.

Reaction Score
There is very little chance whipple gets an offer from PSU at Qb because they had a JUCO from Cali sign with them and also have Christian Hackenburg committed as well.

Reaction Score
Wow....it's slow!!!

Dead period (other than for JUCO... December 17, 2012 through January 3, 2013. Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.

Reaction Score
Dead period (other than for JUCO... December 17, 2012 through January 3, 2013. Coaches are not permitted to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off-campus or to permit official or unofficial visits by recruits or to make phone calls to recruits.
Yeah I know....thanks! Does that mean that we stop talking about it? I guess we're dead too! lol

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have given up for a bit. the reason we have nothing to talk about is the staff didn't do a december spray of offers. they only offered a handful of juco ol that they will not land(possibly 1 still a chance). they were doing well then towards the end of the season something happened and the trail has fallen apart. we have 2 dc's in the last month both 3* kids who we needed for depth. our dean connect falls apart becuase of stupid decisions made earlier in the year and so on. the trail fell apart becuase this staff fucks up over and over again and when u mess up enough on the field and in the locker room and in the offices, then eventually ppl catch on and u get toasted on the recruit trail also. late novemeber with our chart if u handed me a dam clipboard we could have has 22 commits with 12 3* kids. some great players some potential and a lot of local talent staying home. then you could have gone out and searched for juco ol. how the staff up to this point is behind me. white flag talk...

Reaction Score
Hey HfD, what does "dc" mean? I noticed with that QB recruit you mentioned "dc" then u mention "dc" again, but it seems like in a different context....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom