“Unbelievable” | Page 5 | The Boneyard

“Unbelievable”

Reaction Score
Yes , I learned that from a great ROTC instructor as a freshman at UCONN. Even though I left school ( and as a result ROTC ) for a while that lesson about earning respect stayed with me even when I made it to Sergeant. A friend of mine who made Sergeant the same promotion cycle that I did had to learn from lower ranking Airmen the hard way. Yes, I returned to school after Vietnam and finished up to grad school the second time.
Kudos to you. I, too, returned from Vietnam to complete my undergraduate degree before earning my MBA.

Reaction Score
I would suggest the biggest problem with Hurley’s behavior is it gives him no standing when trying to teach Jackson (or anyone else) not to mouths off and get t’ed up. “What’s good enough for me is good enough for thee” is how he should be leading his team.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Put me in the camp of people who don’t believe Hurley just said “Unbelievable”. That might be cleaned up a bit for the newspaper.
Oh he said unbelievable. I’m confident of that. I just think he might’ve said a word before it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I would suggest the biggest problem with Hurley’s behavior is it gives him no standing when trying to teach Jackson (or anyone else) not to mouths off and get t’ed up. “What’s good enough for me is good enough for thee” is how he should be leading his team.
It’s funny because Hurley actually admitted that after Villanova when talking about Andre’s tech.

"I mean, it's like, how can I stop that?” said coach Dan Hurley, notoriously colorful on the sideline. “I mean, look at me. I say it to him, and I can see he's looking at me, like, 'You shouldn't be lecturing me on these things.'

Reaction Score
Dan Hurley needs to grow ' up, period. Blaming the officiating is for losers. we have the nost overall talent in the country, and a bullseye on our back. We're not getting the benefit of the doubt, especially on the road. but that's no excuse for why we can't overcome and still win tight games.
Our HC needs to mature and stop taking everything personal. If you feel your team is getting jobbed, then pick up a strategic tech early or late, but not in a spot that determines the outcome. Hurley always looks shocked that he picked up a T, like his acting like a somehow had unforeseen circumstances.
if he cant't keep it together in March against some feisty mid-major with a crowd and the refs behind them, then we're gonna lose. He needs to grow up and do his job.
I’m in no way defending DH

…but post/handle lmao

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
This is what I read that Hurley claimed he said to the ref after a foul call to trigger the technical. No swearing, no F bombs, nothing. I get that he screamed at them all game as the discrepancy went to 9 vs 28 free throw attempts, but that is not right. Now we all knew the refs dislike him and he’s intense but to me the refs decided the game’s outcome right then and there and we weren’t by any means playing well with bad substitutions. So if Hurley said “Oh my God” is that a T?
Read article this morning. Ref's have Hurley on their short list. The way the article read if Hurley sneezes wrong it will be a tech, It all explains the ref's are tired of him.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Everyone has weaknesses. The problem is - UCONN is at the the top of the top of the heap. We are a national powerhouse again, so everything we do is magnified 100x. National TV, projected final four. Hurley still hasn't learned his lesson. He is coaching a great team, but he hasn't earned the right (yet) to be a Little Richard. Instead of making the correct adjustments in the final 2+ minutes, he decided to lose his mind and we tanked. He choked, and the guys followed their leader. If we're honest about it, it's the same tired act we've seen before. Unless you saw a different game?

Reaction Score
I don't understand how you manage to have the wrong take so consistently.

Be reasonable man. Rewatch the game. The T was more than warranted.
LOL!!! Irony, its what's for dinner

Reaction Score
Miller managed the refs.. Dictated match- ups.. Exploited our weaknesses..esp the last two-three minutes. Made in-game adjustments.. Cooley/Greg McD/Shaka are all looking to get their own Quad 1 W vs us..

Learn from your mistakes--coaches and players-- and get back to what you do well. And move on.

Reaction Score
I think this is the thing with a lot of our drives from Andre and Newton. They drive to pass first and score second which makes it easy for teams to defend and not draw fouls on.

As far as the technical goes. Calhoun had a knack for purposeful well timed techs. Whether it was to fire the team up (which he did often) or to work the refs early like some have said. But a lot of them were with a purpose. Don’t really see that from Hurley techs.

I know it’s not ideal to keep comparing Hurley to a GOAT. But he’s right there, he may as well learn from him.
And I would suggest that very few of them were because Calhoun lost control. More likely, he knew exactly where the line was that he could abuse the refs without getting a T, but then intentionally crossed that line when he thought it was necessary. That's clearly not Hurley's MO

Reaction Score
Read article this morning. Ref's have Hurley on their short list. The way the article read if Hurley sneezes wrong it will be a tech, It all explains the ref's are tired of him.

Then they are a bunch of unprofessional babies that should be fired.

Follow the rules. If your feeling are hurt, too bad. Grow up. Do your job.

Reaction Score
I saw this tweet before the game and thought it was interesting to go back to it seeing how the game actually played out...a Xavier beat writer posted this, and it was clear from the replies that they were expecting the worst from this crew...

Many references to phantom charge calls...but they were expecting the whistles to go against Xavier...

Just thought it was interesting because it appears to be O'Connell's pet call no matter what game he's reffing...

Reaction Score

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Everyone has weaknesses. The problem is - UCONN is at the the top of the top of the heap. We are a national powerhouse again, so everything we do is magnified 100x. National TV, projected final four. Hurley still hasn't learned his lesson. He is coaching a great team, but he hasn't earned the right (yet) to be a Little Richard. Instead of making the correct adjustments in the final 2+ minutes, he decided to lose his mind and we tanked. He choked, and the guys followed their leader. If we're honest about it, it's the same tired act we've seen before. Unless you saw a different game?
but he hasn't earned the right (yet) to be a Little Richard.
what does this mean?
this is the only Little Richard that im familiar with.

announcer guy sez it right there, 'the one, the only, Little Richard!'
he good, real good. a whapbobalumop, a whapbamboom.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
sooooo good, he deserves another.
'rhythm and blues had a baby, and they called it rock and roll.' tru dat.

unbelievably (on topic) good. timeless. great.
hey danny! forget yesterday, just get the gang to find energy like that.

i bet that if danny made some righteous screams like this, and then added on some 3 stooge 'nyuk, nyuk' sounds, the zebra's wouldn't t him up if he slid out on to the floor. they's prolly clap instead.

Last edited:

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
sooooo good, he deserves another.
'rhythm and blues had a baby, and they called it rock and roll.' tru dat.

unbelievably (on topic) good. timeless. great.
hey danny! forget yesterday, just get the gang to find energy like that.

i bet that if danny made some righteous screams like this, and then added on some 3 stooge 'nyuk, nyuk' sounds, the zebra's wouldn't t him up if he slid out on to the floor. they's prolly clap instead.

You got me laughing....and you're right! DH is definitely rock n'roll, but maybe a little less stacked Marshalls and a little more air guitar would do the trick ?

Reaction Score
The thread on the starters playing 32-37 minutes vs Oklahoma St and defending it, I say maybe that is why a 20 point game ended up being a 10 point game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom