“Unbelievable” | The Boneyard

“Unbelievable”

Reaction Score
This is what I read that Hurley claimed he said to the ref after a foul call to trigger the technical. No swearing, no F bombs, nothing. I get that he screamed at them all game as the discrepancy went to 9 vs 28 free throw attempts, but that is not right. Now we all knew the refs dislike him and he’s intense but to me the refs decided the game’s outcome right then and there and we weren’t by any means playing well with bad substitutions. So if Hurley said “Oh my God” is that a T?

Reaction Score
I would like to think if that was the case then the league’s head of refereeing would give hell to the ref who called the T.

I’m not blaming Hurley, but man learn to pick your battles. Bitching about every call is tiresome and Unproductive.

Where the heck is his Dad/Wife/Brother to explain this?

Reaction Score
Hartford Courant

Put yourself in my shoes,” Hurley told reporters in Cincinnati. “You’re aware of the free-throw discrepancy. You see that. It’s factored into your mind. I wish I wouldn’t have said ‘unbelievable.’”
Hurley can be mad about foul discrepancy but honestly when you shoot so many 3's and rarely go to basket it's hard to draw fouls.

Hawk did get 2 calls when shooting a 3. We took 9 FT's. 6 by Hawk on 3 pt fouls, 1 on a Tech....so took 2 FT's otherwise. Yes 28 - 9 is crazy discrepancy on paper but if you don't go to the basket you usually don't draw many fouls.

Last edited:

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Hurley said a whole lot more than unbelievable. Anyone who believes that needs to sit near the UConn bench for a full game. I guarantee you that you will get an earful of colorful words. You will probably even learn a few new words or phrases.
So... You are saying that no one would dare mike him up for one of those All Access broadcasts?

Reaction Score
We all were aware of the free throw disparity. It was a great game . Through it all UCONN was right there. Unfortunately the T changed the whole narrative of the game. It became about the officials. I'm sure the Big East is not happy about this.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

While I generally agree with the sentiment that refs hate Hurley. There’s no excuse for calling a T on a coach over something they SAID in a single possession end game scenario. The last thing you should want to feel as a ref is that a late judgement called yours affected the outcome.

Reaction Score
While I generally agree with the sentiment that refs hate Hurley. There’s no excuse for calling a T on a coach over something the SAID in a single possession end game scenario. The last thing you should want to feel as a ref is that a judgement call affected the outcome.
They already gave him a warning for being out on the court, just a possession or two before the T he was way out on the court between the ref and our player when we had the ball on offense.

Reaction Score
While I generally agree with the sentiment that refs hate Hurley. There’s no excuse for calling a T on a coach over something they SAID in a single possession end game scenario. The last thing you should want to feel as a ref is that a late judgement called yours affected the outcome.

I don't understand how you manage to have the wrong take so consistently.

Be reasonable man. Rewatch the game. The T was more than warranted.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's obvious that refs don't like Hurley and consistently give us a bad whistle as a result. Is that supposed to be a justification of biased officiating?

We don't get biased officiating. There are plenty of games we got more than our fair share of the iffy calls.

I should expect delusional takes on this board after a loss... but this loss has some special kind of ridiculous coming out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom