Zion Williamson to miss “weeks” to start the season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zion Williamson to miss “weeks” to start the season

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not when evaluating his performance thus far in the league. Which is what UConnStats was doing.....he said “he’s looked bad” and has been “chucking”. Then damn near admitted he hasn’t really watched him. He’s way off. Period

This is like saying, “jimmy butler is a bad offensive player, because you know remember Marquette?” It’s literally irrelevant
Well obviously once you've been in the league for a couple years your college stats are replaced with your pro performance. As someone who watched Barrett play a few times this pre season, I thought he took plenty of bad shots, but I'm also not a big pre season guy, we'll find out more at the quarter mark of the regular season.

Reaction Score
Well obviously once you've been in the league for a couple years your college stats are replaced with your pro performance. As someone who watched Barrett play a few times this pre season, I thought he took plenty of bad shots, but I'm also not a big pre season guy, we'll find out more at the quarter mark of the regular season.
I understand your “eye test”. But at what point do the numbers supersede the narrative? That’s my only point. Calling the kid a chucker when his numbers say otherwise is purely narrative driven imo.

Reaction Score
Not when evaluating his performance thus far in the league. Which is what UConnStats was doing.....he said “he’s looked bad” and has been “chucking”. Then damn near admitted he hasn’t really watched him. He’s way off. Period

This is like saying, “jimmy butler is a bad offensive player, because you know remember Marquette?” It’s literally irrelevant
How did I admit that at all?

And nothing you’ve stated shows that he is/will be an efficient player in the NBA. You’re just stomping your feet and pointing to 2 great games and saying “this is how it’s going to be.”

I could easily be wrong and Barrett could end up having an great rookie year. But there’s a lot more statistical evidence suggesting that won’t the case in the immediate future. If you can’t admit that you’re just being a homer or you don’t understand how advanced metrics work.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I understand your “eye test”. But at what point do the numbers supersede the narrative? That’s my only point. Calling the kid a chucker when his numbers say otherwise is purely narrative driven imo.
he takes a lot of shots and doesn’t have great %s so I would call that chucking

doesn’t mean he’s not good

Reaction Score
he takes a lot of shots and doesn’t have great %s so I would call that chucking

doesn’t mean he’s not good
He doesn’t take a lot of shots. Averaging 13 shots in 37min isn’t a lot to me. Shooting 55% while doing so is also not inefficient. He isn’t a great 3point shooter. Maybe my idea of “chucking” is different. Russ is a chucker. He’s had 1 bad shooting night, 2 average ones, and 2 great ones. The most shots he’s taken is 15 in 41 min. If y’all call that chucking so be it. The majority of “advanced metrics” is bull spit(ie +\-)

Reaction Score
How did I admit that at all?

And nothing you’ve stated shows that he is/will be an efficient player in the NBA. You’re just stomping your feet and pointing to 2 great games and saying “this is how it’s going to be.”

I could easily be wrong and Barrett could end up having an great rookie year. But there’s a lot more statistical evidence suggesting that won’t the case in the immediate future. If you can’t admit that you’re just being a homer or you don’t understand how advanced metrics work.

I’m not predicting anything, I’m speaking on what he’s done. He’s had ONE bad shooting night. His last 2 have been extremely efficient. Your idea of “chucking” maybe different. I would assume you believe the majority of pg’s in the league are chuckers. In that case were arguing opinion not fact. You saying the numbers point to him not having a good rookie year as if that’s a fact, is crap. If RJ replicates his first 5 NBA games over the remainder of this season he’s ROTY. But again you’re speaking OPINION as am I. So it’s a dead end

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He doesn’t take a lot of shots. Averaging 13 shots in 37min isn’t a lot to me. Shooting 55% while doing so is also not inefficient. He isn’t a great 3point shooter. Maybe my idea of “chucking” is different. Russ is a chucker. He’s had 1 bad shooting night, 2 average ones, and 2 great ones. The most shots he’s taken is 15 in 41 min. If y’all call that chucking so be it. The majority of “advanced metrics” is bull spit(ie +\-)
ok that’s a fair opinion, but you calling someone way off when they’re providing their own opinion and supporting it too is immature. Like stats said, you took it personal and got defensive and here we are... would have been an interesting debate too

Reaction Score
ok that’s a fair opinion, but you calling someone way off when they’re providing their own opinion and supporting it too is immature. Like stats said, you took it personal and got defensive and here we are... would have been an interesting debate too
It is a good debate and he’ll be one of the most fun rookies to follow.

And I have no beef with @AntG168 at all. All good

Reaction Score
It is a good debate and he’ll be one of the most fun rookies to follow.

And I have no beef with @AntG168 at all. All good
No beef at all lol. I’m a passionate Knicks fan who does wear Orange and Blue Glasses haha. Don’t mistake my passion for angst. I’ve been very reactionary to any Knicks slander lately(not that that’s what you did). But the media and other fans have been using the Knicks as a punching bag when it comes to everything fairly and unfairly. I took the word “chucker” in a negative light. But I now don’t believe that what @UConnStats intended. All good

Reaction Score
To each his own I suppose. Out of curiosity, what is it you find more enjoyable about the college game? Beyond the pageantry of college sports generally and my emotional attachment to UConn through my family, there is - to me - absolutely zero about the on-court product that makes college basketball better than the NBA.

Yeah for me the nba is a much better product especially in the last 7 years or so as the talent level is better than its ever been. I worry a little bit about a lot of teams starting to play the exact same style but that’s about it. The college game can be pretty boring overall. Of course, I would rather watch a uconn game than an nba game...but I would rather watch any nba game than 90% of other college games.

Reaction Score
If the Clippers stay healthy I don't see any way they don't win the championship. They were damn good last year and they added arguably the best player in basketball and another superstar. Their roster construction in nearly perfect...

They have a team full of dogs on defense with Kawhi, PG, and Beverly being 3 of the best defenders in the league. Lou Williams is the best 6th man in the league, Harell is an undersized beast down low and they absolutely fleeced the Lakers for Zubac. It's stars surrounded with a boatload of great role players who can all run, knock down shots and defend better than anyone in the league. They are so deep that Kawhi will be able to take a seat in many 4th quarters.

Reaction Score
Watch the Clippers, they are going to fly all around the court and put the clamps on everyone. Watch the Nuggets, Jokic is one of the most skilled bball players you'll ever see. Watch the Bucks, Giannis is a freak. Watch the Mavs, Doncic can do everything there is to do on the court and Porzingis is another freak. Watch the Pelicans when Zion is back, he's the most athletic person in sports. Watch the Hawks, they are full of young talent. You can basically turn on any game in the NBA now and have a couple players who will wow you. The league is about as healthy as it's ever been.

I think you just made his point for him. If you want to watch one guy, you can't match the NBA's individual talent obviously. I feel like college basketball is more of a team sport still.

Reaction Score
Yeah for me the nba is a much better product especially in the last 7 years or so as the talent level is better than its ever been. I worry a little bit about a lot of teams starting to play the exact same style but that’s about it. The college game can be pretty boring overall. Of course, I would rather watch a uconn game than an nba game...but I would rather watch any nba game than 90% of other college games.

I feel pretty much the same way. Unless I'm zooted in the middle of the night and just want to stare at a West Coast Conference game, about the only non-UConn regular season college basketball games I'd have any interest in watching are those Duke - Kansas - MSU - Kentucky games they're doing at the beginning of the year.

Reaction Score
If the Clippers stay healthy I don't see any way they don't win the championship. They were damn good last year and they added arguably the best player in basketball and another superstar. Their roster construction in nearly perfect...

They have a team full of dogs on defense with Kawhi, PG, and Beverly being 3 of the best defenders in the league. Lou Williams is the best 6th man in the league, Harell is an undersized beast down low and they absolutely fleeced the Lakers for Zubac. It's stars surrounded with a boatload of great role players who can all run, knock down shots and defend better than anyone in the league. They are so deep that Kawhi will be able to take a seat in many 4th quarters.
I told a friend that this clippers team would be beat the warriors last season at full strength. And he called me crazy. I truly believe that...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom